Forums
Posted By: GaryFromWirral The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 11:28am
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-lomax-club-shut-down-8646066

First it was Garlands that closed after drugs raid .... now The Lomax

Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 11:29am
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-lomax-club-shut-down-8646066
Posted By: joeblogs Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 11:32am
if they carry on there will be no where open because they sell drugs in every single pub and club
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 11:54am
If the government legalized the recreational drugs like cannabis ,ecstacy , cocaine and speed whilst concentrating on getting rid of the hard drugs like heroin , crystal meth and crack ..Then quite possibly the revenue in tax would be astronomical and beneficial as the money would go into policing the hard drug problems etc ... And both of those clubs would still be open and realistically it was the clubs owners' responsibility to monitor the drug market in their premises

..in my opinion .. Cigarettes and alcohol are incredibly negative to society and health but they are both legal and make billions for the government !!
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 12:59pm
get real Gary, all drugs fuel crime and misery all around the world. I have been around people in pubs that use coke and the are full of aggression and think they are supermen. drugs are for people that can't handle reality.
Posted By: snowhite Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 1:05pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
get real Gary, all drugs fuel crime and misery all around the world. I have been around people in pubs that use coke and the are full of aggression and think they are supermen. drugs are for people that can't handle reality.
withthat .The place looks a right dump.
Posted By: venice Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 1:32pm
I think some of the softest drugs might be ok IF people could be strong enough to regulate their intake to occasionally . Trouble is ,most humans are weak and they cant/wont, and studies show over use can still have harmful effects on the brain, and sometimes leads to addiction.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:21pm
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/nov/01/alcohol-more-harmful-than-heroin-crack
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:22pm
http://www.weedseffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/effects_alcohol_vs_marijuana.jpg
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:30pm
It's closed now so you don't have to lower yourself to going there .. it was a music venue primarily , never visited the place myself , I was merely passing comment that 2 clubs on consecutive days had been closed due to large scale raids to find small amounts of drugs , none of which I take I hasten to add , but I find it peculiar that alcohol and tobacco are legal , very dangerous and cause untold damage on a daily basis to families and individuals across the globe costing billions to repair the damage caused .... but it makes the government money so it's fine I guess !!
Posted By: venice Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:38pm
Cant disagree with you about the harm excess alcohol and fags cause .
Posted By: Santos Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:42pm
Originally Posted by garycatlover
If the government legalized the recreational drugs like cannabis ,ecstacy , cocaine and speed whilst concentrating on getting rid of the hard drugs like heroin , crystal meth and crack ..Then quite possibly the revenue in tax would be astronomical and beneficial as the money would go into policing the hard drug problems etc ... And both of those clubs would still be open and realistically it was the clubs owners' responsibility to monitor the drug market in their premises

..in my opinion .. Cigarettes and alcohol are incredibly negative to society and health but they are both legal and make billions for the government !!

For your info cocaine can and does cause more damage than heroin. All drugs cause problems and the drug dealers make millions out of misery and suffering, especially of the vulnerable. Stop consumption and ultimately stop these drugs barons in their tracks, no market, no sales, that is the only way,it needs everyone to take part but that will never happen. The Police have just got to keep plugging away and try and disrupt the drug business as much as possible. I truly wish them every success.
Posted By: philmch Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 2:47pm
I was very surprised by this news as I played there several times last year and never saw anything remotely illegal going on. If anything, it struck me as a very quiet, friendly sort of place and a haven for small local bands.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 3:48pm
And the same for alcohol and tobacco .. except it's billions of pounds plus the knock on effect due to the poor choices made whilst under the influence ,NHS A&E Departments full to capacity !! The government could ban it all or legalize it all !!! ...would be a realistic solution , can't see either happening so there will continue to be ever more increasing numbers of damaged/unfit bodies and brains , divorces , single parents , domestic /street violence , criminal damage ,drunk drivers and anti social behaviour due to the detrimental effects of and profits gained from the sale of alcohol and tobacco in the United Kingdom and across the globe too !!! Drugs are bad m'kay !!
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 4:28pm
nearly every week we hear of someone being shot in Liverpool usually drug related. when was the last time you heard of someone being shot over a packet of fags ?
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 4:35pm
when was the last time you heard of someone being shot over a packet of fags ?

Well, of course not, but maybe a packet of fags and a pint?
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 4:55pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
when was the last time you heard of someone being shot over a packet of fags ?

Well, of course not, but maybe a packet of fags and a pint?
laffin
Posted By: hagar Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 10:02pm
went there in there about 3 years ago and the dj announced that jackie lomax was back in the club.i looked behind me and no
one was behind me. when i went for a fag(not fred the weather man`s}the owner was convinced i was jackie lomax and hag my photo taken by loads of people.
Posted By: hagar Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 14th Feb 2015 10:11pm
went there in there about 3 years ago and the dj announced that jackie lomax was back in the club.i looked behind me and no
one was behind me. when i went for a fag(not fred the weather man`s}the owner was convinced i was jackie lomax and had my photo taken by loads of people.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 15th Feb 2015 12:23pm
Hi Hagar,I've P.M.'d you.
Posted By: granny Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 10:45am
'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis, study suggests
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31480234

So , now it's official !
Mr Blunkett's reclassification of the drug back in 2002, did little to help, other than reducing the high costs for police forces and enabling them to concentrate more on the cocaine and heroine.
Smoking is bad, but most get approx. 50 years before ill health hits. I have yet to hear of a young person suffering from psychosis or any other mental health issue, due to smoking cigarettes. Unfortunately the mind is not so repairable as we may like to think .
All those so called 'friends' who do drugs and party with you.....disappear off the map. You're on your own from then on, cause you're no fun anymore and nobody wants to be associated with a 'nutter' do they ? No, they don't, but you could find suitable company in a psychiatric ward .

As someone said, the outcome of drugs can destroy the lives of many, and not just the user, but the ridiculous argument of drugs against alcohol is pathetic.
Drugs are illegal, if they are made legal, then they will never be able to retract that. Alcohol is legal, how could anyone make it illegal now ? The country would go into melt down.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 12:45pm
I really believe what politicians say !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 1:00pm
http://whale.to/a/522850_423722621010802_2003717689_n.jpg
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 1:04pm
Granny I'm sure you know that Heroine is a female hero, you meant heroin.. and it's because and not cause ! :o)
Posted By: granny Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 2:16pm
Granny I'm sure you know that Heroine is a female hero, you meant heroin.. and it's because and not cause ! :o)

Gary, I am also sure that you know, too much of anything affects our eyesight. (is the commer in the right place ?)

Considering most cannabis is smoked with tobacco, separating the two doesn't provide any sort of proof, and out of choice I would have thought to keep ones mind for as long as possible would be an advantage.We are talking about psychosis/schizophrenia. I have never understood why people try to defend drugs, particularly young people. Brainwashed maybe ?
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 2:52pm
It's comma ... not commer
Posted By: granny Re: The Lomax in Liverpool - 16th Feb 2015 2:54pm
It's comma ... not commer

I know, just testing ! laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral