Forums
Posted By: Gibbo Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 12th Jan 2015 10:30am
Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour in Birkenhead, according to the town's MP.

Labour MP Frank Field went on patrol with police on Friday after claiming the town was becoming "like Beirut" due to a failure to tackle "yob culture".

Mr Field attended one incident in Shaw Street where a "gang was causing mayhem in the streets".

New anti-social behaviour legislation is needed "that warmly shakes them by the throat," he said.

"The parents don't care. They have no idea what they are actually doing to their kids. And that is going to take longer to deal with; we want to tackle it at root cause."

Mr Field patrolled the town centre with the police and the leader of Wirral Council between 19:00 and 21:00 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30767313
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 12th Jan 2015 12:32pm
The article pretty much states the obvious, of course they're to blame.
Posted By: granny Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 12th Jan 2015 12:52pm
Over the years, Frank Field has spoken up for many in his constituency, but it seems to have taken him a very long time to come to this conclusion. Also very pleased that the Leader of the Council found the time to accompany him and see the problem. Nothing better than a first hand account .
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 12th Jan 2015 2:37pm
Originally Posted by granny
Over the years, Frank Field has spoken up for many in his constituency, but it seems to have taken him a very long time to come to this conclusion.

A co-incidence that action is taken considering there's an election coming up..... smile
Parents and schools and all the *rap there watching and eating. Police also have some responsibility having taken away vigilante action
What a lovely picture our MP paints of Birkenhead. We're all starving and living on our uppers and now on top of that we are living in down town Beirut. Never mind publicity shots before an election, he should be there making them do something about it. Noticed that wherever these "Police Commisioners" are now ensconsed that they are reducing their police forces whilst still engaging in funding vanity projects. We're going to get a nice new HQ in a situation where nobody can get to it because there is only one bus from Birkenhead which goes past the place, brilliant strategy. oldman
Originally Posted by fish5133
. Police also have some responsibility having taken away vigilante action

What a load of absolute BA++S - I have read some inane remarks on this site at times, but that one wins the coconut.
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
on top of that we are living in down town Beirut.

[Linked Image]

whats wrong with Downtown Beirut !!!
Give me that any day compared to this
[Linked Image]

Sorry if I offend anyone but just by going by the photos, when compared to "downtown Beirut" Birkenhead looks like a slum !!!
Originally Posted by AdamEvans

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry if I offend anyone but just by going by the photos, when compared to "downtown Beirut" Birkenhead looks like a slum !!!
Where abouts in Birkenhead was this taken?looks really depressing dosent it.
If my memory serves me right,thats Shaw Street
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 12th Jan 2015 7:10pm
Tees street by the looks of it.
It's the north end somwere
Station road Birkenhead North station,all demolished now.
except for the station!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by snowhite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Where abouts in Birkenhead was this taken?looks really depressing dosent it.
Did you not accompany DD on this visit?
Never mind publicity shots before an election, he should be there making them do something about it.
Go and tell him then Bandycoot!!! Or find him at www.writetothem.com
Originally Posted by fillbo
Station road Birkenhead North station,all demolished now.
except for the station!!
Or could be the houses in Rock Ferry east side.Down by the train station.
Back on topic.last year when i was in tesco waiting to pay for my shopping, A couple in front of me were paying for there shopping.
Most was alcohol and the woman said to the man,We need to keep sober tonight.We need to act like sensible parents.
The looks this couple got while they paid for the shopping.OMG if looks could kill them parents would be dead.
Makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 13th Jan 2015 1:26pm
I walked from Oxton Road from Charing Cross up to Oxton village the other day and the amount of dog crap on the streets, or smeared on the streets (I'm assuming it was stood on in the dark) was disgusting.
It's always the same just after Xmas. You have to wait until the novelty of taking the pooch for a walk wears off.
Birkenhead is a disgusting mess full of horrible people no wonder they get called "tiprats" they should build a big wall around it and slowly stop them breeding
Originally Posted by johnthegreat
Birkenhead is a disgusting mess full of horrible people no wonder they get called "tiprats" they should build a big wall around it and slowly stop them breeding
I object to that comment,I Was born in Wallasey & grew up in Birkenhead my family live there & I have brought my kids up there & we are certainly not tip rats.There are problems there just as there are in other parts of Wirral & there are decent people there trying to make it better
Posted By: venice Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 18th Jan 2015 10:57pm

TROLL

Or if you're not, would you like to borrow a book on how to make friends and influence people?
what sort of whopper has a book on "how to make friends and influence people"
well me and frank field would disagree with you ive no doubt there are some decent people there, but most of them are horrible if you don't believe me about the "tiprat" thing put Birkenhead north in "youtube" they made a programme in the early 80s of them scavenging on the tip hence the name "tiprats" I cannot believe you have never heard that expression about Birkenhead people,the bulk of them are truly horrible people especially around the north end

Well that escalated quickly leave the lights on, don't slam the door on your way out,John your Mams got cake!!
"your mams got cake" a bet people drink up the moment you walk in the boozer
Posted By: Mark Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 19th Jan 2015 1:06am

Account Closed Offensive content.
Originally Posted by johnthekeyboardwarrior

Maybe they just don't like you`John.
Just read thru the post again. Obviously some on here are too young to understand the "downtown Beirut" analogy. Ah bless.
Posted By: venice Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 19th Jan 2015 10:51am
A just call I believe Mark.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Parents are to blame for anti-social behaviour - 19th Jan 2015 1:07pm
Interesting think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral