Forums
Posted By: Mark Arrowe Park Hospital told to make improvements - 10th Dec 2014 11:00am
Arrowe Park Hospital told to make improvements after damning health inspection

ARROWE Park Hospital has been told it requires improvement after it failed to meet standards in all of the five areas inspected by health watchdogs.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) visited the Upton hospital in September to check essential levels of care and safety were being met.

Inspectors spoke to patients, carers and family members during the unannounced two-day visit, as well as a number of hospital staff and found the hospital complied with standards.

Arrowe Park had previously been given a “seal of approval” by the watchdog but in a report published today, the CQC highlighted areas where the hospital has fallen short of standards.

The CQC found that, overall, the hospital failed to meet standards in:

Respecting and involving people who use services
Care and welfare of people who use services
Staffing
Assessing and monitoring the quality of service provision
Records
However, the inspection found that while there were "inconsistencies” in the care being delivered, nurses and support workers spoke to patients in a kind and professional manner.

Read More : Click Me
I bet the CE is pooing himself by now !
I Hope they don't try to put more pressure on Nursing staff who already work well over there time, At least an hour on many occasions with no extra pay and very difficult to get time back, Not the way to treat dedicated people that we will all one day rely on....Bernie46
withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral