Forums
Posted By: Mark Santa Dash organisers to leave Liverpool - 13th Nov 2014 10:03am
[Linked Image]

Santa Dash organisers say they are set to leave Liverpool after a row with the council over a £17,000 bill.

BTR Liverpool, who organised the 5km festive race, had already stumped up £6,000 for the cost of road closures for this year’s event on December 7 - but yesterday revealed they had been asked to fork out an extra £11,000 to make up for lost car parking revenue.

This morning the organisation posted a message on its Facebook page telling supporters they would be looking for an office outside the city when the lease on their current premises in Hatton Garden came to an end.

The message read: “Sorry boys and girls but after the actions of LCC yesterday I have come to a decision to move out of Liverpool.

Source : Click Me
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Santa Dash organisers to leave Liverpool - 13th Nov 2014 10:31am
For those of us who still believe in Father Christmas (Santa - Pah!) the sight of so many is truly disturbing.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Santa Dash organisers to leave Liverpool - 13th Nov 2014 5:53pm
Lost revenue from parking. Maybe some car parks closed but how do all the santas get to town by flying sledge and do they all go shopping or on raz after. Short sighted. Cost of entry seems steep--do you really have to pay.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Santa Dash organisers to leave Liverpool - 13th Nov 2014 8:14pm
Listen to today's Radio Merseyside Night-Mayor Anderson, need I say more.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral