Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 9th Nov 2014 8:19pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-estate-terrorised-thugs-residents-8078407

Residents on a Wirral estate have told how they are being terrorised by a gang of thugs leaving many afraid to even leave their homes.

Neighbours say they live in fear of youths in black tracksuits and baseball caps and avoid walking around the estate.

One family has even barricaded the windows of their house on the estate in Noctorum.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 9th Nov 2014 9:15pm
The black tracksuits are now classed as uniform.This has been going on since last year.
Bottom line that its got out of control,so its now going public.
Pure ... no respect for there country or there own poeple.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 9th Nov 2014 10:43pm
cant help thinking that a vigilante group would have it sorted in a week.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:56am
It isn't just Noctorum either.

Wallasey, Seacombe, Beechwood, Birkenhead, Moreton, Leasowe are just some of the areas I've witnessed gangs of idiots in "uniform" causing grief and I'm sure there are countless other areas having the same trouble.

Country has gone too soft now - they know they probably won't get caught and if they do, the punishment is negligible and somewhat a status symbol to show off with to their mates.

No respect, too many rights and not enough responsibility.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:10am
Maybe the MPs and police chiefs can live in one of the houses for a couple of weeks to see the problem first hand.

No doubt there will be lots of hand wringing and promises, but little happens in reality.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 1:08pm
Fish is right! Vigilante groups are the only solution throughout Birkenhead to control these Crack babies that are running amok! Too much Human rights Bull & torie police cuts to control these little tramps & their disgraceful parents the legal way im afraid!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 1:29pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Maybe the MPs and police chiefs can live in one of the houses for a couple of weeks to see the problem first hand.

No doubt there will be lots of hand wringing and promises, but little happens in reality.
I think Mr Field is after Votes.
Originally Posted by danjaylai
It isn't just Noctorum either.

Wallasey, Seacombe, Beechwood, Birkenhead, Moreton, Leasowe are just some of the areas I've witnessed gangs of idiots in "uniform" causing grief
True. The area around Popeyes in Seacombe and the Post Office on the Poulton bends is fall of the little scrotes hanging about, looking menacing.

Originally Posted by Kev30x
Too much Human rights Bull & torie police cuts to control these little tramps & their disgraceful parents the legal way im afraid!!
It's a social issue on so many levels. Where do we start to rectify it? think
Posted By: venice Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 1:41pm
I agree with Fish and Kev , until a small part of me thinks it would be a bit the same as when you have a massive disagreement---and the person who resorts to swearing and verbal assault , loses because they strengthen their opponent by leaving themselves open to criticism of acting outside of the standards theyre personally trying to uphold.

Aaar, sod it , I think of the poor people who are terrified and prisoners in their own homes and immediately the larger part of me is wondering where my socks are! Tssst! CONTROL Venice, please!

It wont stop though till young people have hope for the future .You cant beat hope into people , and people with no future have nothing to lose . Bring back more more more apprenticeships . Build far more affordable council housing using building apprentices under prof supervision as an idea for a start ---and make all new properties which ever way they face, have South facing roofs, equipped with solar power whilst you're at it!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 1:55pm
Originally Posted by venice
It wont stop though till young people have hope for the future .You cant beat hope into people , and people with no future have nothing to lose .

I don't think that's any excuse. I was brought up on a rough council estate in Sheffield during the dark times of the early 80s, but me and my mates didn't feel the need to terrorise.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 2:40pm
Should send the lot of them to a boot camp.Theyve got too much time on there hands.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 4:56pm
I do not think boot-camp is 'one size fits all' solution. The reasons behind the anti-social behaviour could be as varied as the individuals involved and their personal circumstances.

Something needs to be done though, without a doubt. sherlock
Posted By: venice Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 5:17pm
Quote Gibbo"I don't think that's any excuse. I was brought up on a rough council estate in Sheffield during the dark times of the early 80s, but me and my mates didn't feel the need to terrorise."

No its not an excuse , of course Gibbo . Probably in those days though ,whether poor or not, your parents had relative stability and hope, and therefore had time and aspirations for you .You will likely have absorbed their values. A lot of parents today are in the same sinking boat as their kids , so anger and negativity flows through the whole family so none of them care a stuff about anything. --And of course you now have the whole drugs and violent games angle too.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 6:38pm
you cant beat hope into people

No- but you might be able to beat something OUT of them. I received corporal punishment at scale twice just for giving cheek to teachers---didn't do it again. A slipper across the backside or ruler in the hand flipping hurts. You put 2 and 2 together and realise whats the point in getting hurt. Agree it might not work for every yob but if it works for some then its for their long term benefit as well.

They somehow need to realise that theres no problem with their "uniform" just there behaviour.

Lot to do with the parents or lack of. Had some grief of some lads once so went round to the mother---boy did she scare me but she also scared her son--no problem after that.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 6:41pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I do not think boot-camp is 'one size fits all' solution. The reasons behind the anti-social behaviour could be as varied as the individuals involved and their personal circumstances.

Something needs to be done though, without a doubt. sherlock
Like a lot of the links i post- they 'find' me rather than me going looking for them. Anyhow, here is something that the 'non-pitchfork brigade' may find interesting:

http://rt.com/uk/204075-prison-mental-health-children/

Posted By: granny Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:07pm
Well there's no chance of using corporal punishment, no chance of sending them all to 'bootcamp', no chance of trying to make them see sense. So what do we do ?

Firstly, how about the parents, i.e. mothers or fathers, together or apart being drawn into the equation ? It's hard controlling kids if they are mixed in with others, but I have to ask, why are the younger ones wandering the streets at night. The streets are turning into their playgrounds for the wrong games and the parents need to take responsibility , and if they have a drink or drugs issue, they need that sorting too. No quick fix, a multitude of problems that have to be tackled together. If the parent are not happy to take their responsibilities , fine them. The kids might soon start to feel the pressure of the guilt, and there's no good protecting these kids, because they are the recipe for ongoing trouble if not stopped. Who would let their dog get away with biting ?
Just my opinion.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:29pm
Originally Posted by granny
Well there's no chance of using corporal punishment, no chance of sending them all to 'bootcamp', no chance of trying to make them see sense. So what do we do ?

Firstly, how about the parents, i.e. mothers or fathers, together or apart being drawn into the equation ? It's hard controlling kids if they are mixed in with others, but I have to ask, why are the younger ones wandering the streets at night. The streets are turning into their playgrounds for the wrong games and the parents need to take responsibility , and if they have a drink or drugs issue, they need that sorting too. No quick fix, a multitude of problems that have to be tackled together. If the parent are not happy to take their responsibilities , fine them. The kids might soon start to feel the pressure of the guilt, and there's no good protecting these kids, because they are the recipe for ongoing trouble if not stopped. Who would let their dog get away with biting ?
Just my opinion.
The parents are worse than the kids.They just want the kids out of there way so they can get high or drunk.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:34pm
Boot camp ? A severe boot up the ar#e is whats needed.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:36pm
Originally Posted by snowhite

Just my opinion.
The parents are worse than the kids.They just want the kids out of there way so they can get high or drunk.
Yay, just what we need- as a society- a ridiculous 'sticking plaster fits all' judgemental and insular attitude.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:44pm
Granny- how will 'fining' parents help, do you think? Who will oversee this punitive response??

What about the kids who maybe physically, mentally or sexually abused?? Being apart of the 'Black tracksuit gang' may be the only sense of belonging that these kids have??
Posted By: granny Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:57pm
Fining the parents will show the kids that their actions do impact on their own families not just the people they are out to abuse.
Rude , if one of yours behaved this way, what would you do ?
It's a tricky one, but if anyone wants a kid to be saved, they need it addressed in the most effective way possible before they end up in prison. Thinking about the right move for years on end is not beneficial to anyone. I would want to know why these kids are out at night. If they are abused, then they need to be taken out of the situation, not enabled to cause more abuse to others. It is the beginning of gang warfare and if you think it's ok to treat them with kid gloves Rude, then you must have blinkers on. The whole package has to be dealt with as one and the absent fathers should also be tackled. Why do the rest of society have to take the rap for their failings ?
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 7:57pm
Granny- how will 'fining' parents help, do you think? Who will oversee this punitive response??

What about the kids who maybe physically, mentally or sexually abused?? Being apart of the 'Black tracksuit gang' may be the only sense of belonging that these kids have??

Aahhh that makes it all ok then frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:15pm
Fining the parents will show the kids that their actions do impact on their own families not just the people they are out to abuse.
It's a tricky one, but if anyone wants a kid to be saved, they need it addressed in the most effective way possible before they end up in prison. Thinking about the right move for years on end is not beneficial to anyone. I would want to know why these kids are out at night. If they are abused, then they need to be taken out of the situation, not enabled to cause more abuse to others. It is the beginning of gang warfare and if you think it's ok to treat them with kid gloves Rude, then you must have blinkers on. The whole package has to be dealt with as one and the absent fathers should also be tackled. Why do the rest of society have to take the rap for their failings ?
Ok- I acknowledge your response granny and will respond to you in due course. Would you like me to respond to you as a Mental Health Professional or as a bog standard Mum?? I can do both.Just not right now- wow, when did this become personal??
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:19pm
Me and my mates will sort out the little sods

Attached picture peace.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:33pm
Ok- I acknowledge your response granny and will respond to you in due course. Would you like me to respond to you as a Mental Health Professional or as a bog standard Mum?? I can do both.Just not right now- wow, when did this become personal??

Happy with bog standard mum response, thanks. Probably more valid than Mental Health 'Professional' service in this area which is pretty dire, normally just community workers who think they've experienced life, with very limited qualifications.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:41pm
PM'd you Granny
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:41pm
Light touch paper and stand well back, no no further back than that "ouch"
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:41pm
withthat
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 8:52pm
Waiting for a long time boys......I very much doubt that Granny would reveal our PMs- if she did, she would be breaking the rules.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 10:53pm
Whilst some people would like to see more probation officers, more social workers, better psychiatric understanding from the professionals of the kids who don't give a tuppeny hoot for anybody who spoils their idea of fun, and more pots of money spent on improving the living standards of those who feel they have no stake in its society, I'm afraid none of those things are practical nor possible.
Fifty years of treading down the path of social liberalism have brought us to this. These kids see their behaviour as nothing more than a good laugh.
When the Noctorum and Ford Estates were built back in the sixties, they housed many families from the poorer quarters of Birkenhead. Places like Priory buildings springs to mind. Back then we all still had an understanding of our place in society.
Teachers, the police, the courts, our employers, all had our respect.
But all that has gone.
Birkenhead had a magistrates clerk, Johnny Cullen, who ran the courts with an iron fist. He was despised by the lawbreakers, but by god they knew what to expect when they stood in the dock before any of his benches.
The consequences of years of liberalism, which removed all trace of anything resembling punishment and authority from the courts, the police, and teachers have gone. Never will those days ever return. The riff-raff could be eating the bar stewards in parliament alive, and there would still be those amongst them screaming for justice for the dispossessed. The country is knackered. Just glad I managed to work my way out of ever living on one of the council estates that this country has to offer. I just pity the decent people who have no choice but to live on them. It must be hell on earth, but they only have the liberal politicians and courts to thank for their plight. And none of the three political parties, we only ever hear from when they want our vote, could give a monkeys.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:03pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean
Light touch paper and stand well back, no no further back than that "ouch"
Sorry to disappoint but Adults can converse like Adults, in private. - yes that was very adult from me .lol grinxxx
Posted By: j_demo Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:17pm
Just scanned through and saw a couple of comments about "violent games" having parts to play, i have to say i disagree. If anyone of any age struggles to differentiate fantasy from reality then that's not society's fault or the gaming industry's fault, the parents should have the responsibility on their shoulders.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:19pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
Just scanned through and saw a couple of comments about "violent games" having parts to play, i have to say i disagree. If anyone of any age struggles to differentiate fantasy from reality then that's not society's fault or the gaming industry's fault, the parents should have the responsibility on their shoulders.
Eh?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:25pm
Happy with bog standard mum response, thanks. Probably more valid than Mental Health 'Professional' service in this area which is pretty dire, normally just community workers who think they've experienced life, with very limited qualifications.

Errrrrm...... im sorry your experience hasn't been great but i can assure you that the mental health service is a LOT more than a few jumped up community workers, the majority are fully trained and qualified RMN's (mental health nurses), AMHP's (approved mental health social workers) and other fully qualified staff who have clinical supervisions with consultant psychiatrists and other senior professionals, not just "johnny from down the road who has read a couple of paragraphs on wikipedia"
Posted By: granny Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:29pm
Originally Posted by j_demo

Errrrrm...... im sorry your experience hasn't been great but i can assure you that the mental health service is a LOT more than a few jumped up community workers, the majority are fully trained and qualified RMN's (mental health nurses), AMHP's (approved mental health social workers) and other fully qualified staff who have clinical supervisions with consultant psychiatrists and other senior professionals, not just "johnny from down the road who has read a couple of paragraphs on wikipedia"

Well let's put it this way then. Having sat in on numerous mental health workers discussions, I find them to be tedious repetitive and totally agitating to the person who needs the help. Take more pills ......is the usual response. Pills tthat make you eat more.Pills that make you fat and feel bad a bout yourself, pills that make you feel like shit. Nice help. Thanks
Posted By: Mark Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:50pm
wikiopinion
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 10th Nov 2014 11:54pm
Gran......is it that bad? If so, how can you guys live like that?
All I read about The Wirral and the UK is doom and gloom.
The gangs, the drugs, the corruption. Was this once where I grew
up. Oh how sad.
Posted By: granny Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 11th Nov 2014 12:47am
Originally Posted by snowshoes
Gran......is it that bad? If so, how can you guys live like that?
All I read about The Wirral and the UK is doom and gloom.
The gangs, the drugs, the corruption. Was this once where I grew
up. Oh how sad.

Snowshoes, I don't know how long it is since you lived here but there has been a huge change. I lived here until 1987 and loved it. Lived elsewhere for 12 yrs and couldn't wait to get back. Unfortunately those years had seen dramatic changes. Society seemed to have been dissected.
Wirral is still a lovely place but the issues as you see affect some places to a greater or lesser degree.
I actually despair for people who live in Seacombe. They have been promised an upgrade for so long and nothing happens. I'm sure they have a good community spirit, but that doesn't help their outlook on life.
Drugs are pretty much the norm throughout the country I suspect, no area better or worse than another. Mental health is a big concern too. Alcoholism is huge .
Wirral people have been put under pressure which no doubt has an impact, but the industry here is not much therefore job shortages, with what seems like perpetual job losses. That in turn destroys family life and hope. It seems as if there is doom and gloom spreading with obvious consequences. It is so difficult to even live on average incomes and people are struggling every day of the week, with nothing to see at the end of a working week. Pay their bills and that's about it. All this plays a part in behaviour patterns. There is no release for many. Having said that, neither was there during two world wars but people didn't behave the way that some do now.
Wirral is in fact a very small place, and news travels quickly. As a nation, all we hear is doom and gloom, the news is always bad, there is nothing to change our view on life and although we (our generation) have experienced the better years, without drugs or being abusive to others, many of the younger generations know little of our carefree , happy days or even how it could have been possible.
This is far too long and I could write a novel, although many will not agree with what I say.
My view is that as a nation we have been indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing nothing is good anymore, and that transfers to the children too. We reap what we sow.
Maybe that is key, our attitudes should change, but you will note that any topic on Wiki that is remotely light hearted or witty, good or happy news, the responses are virtually nil.

Hoping this is not too much 'off topic'. I'll probably be sorry I wrote this. smile In for a penny in for a pound.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Residents of Wirral Estate Terrorised - 19th Nov 2014 12:19pm
Wirral teen handed anti-social behaviour order after terrorising Birkenhead's north end
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-teen-handed-crasbo-after-8132455
© Wirral-Wikiwirral