Forums
Posted By: Gibbo Woman suffers burns trying to run across bonfire - 7th Nov 2014 12:17pm
Woman suffers burns after trying to run across bonfire and falling in after event outside Merseyside pub
25-year-was pulled from blaze by 50-year-old man in garden of Farmers Arms pub in Frankby, before being taken to Whiston hospital

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/woman-suffers-burns-after-trying-8064934
What an idiot. Hope her rescuer is okay.
"A Fire Engine, a total of three ambulances, a senior manager and a rapid response vehicle also in attendance" Give the woman a bill for it, she might not think it a good idea next time.....
should of left her there to burn properly!!stupid bitch.
That's a bit harsh isn't it?
So I take it you lot are all perfect and never done anything silly?
Yeah right!
no
I think we could all admit to doing silly things after drink, it doesn't make her a bad person. Maybe people should think how they would feel if this were their daughter.
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
"A Fire Engine, a total of three ambulances, a senior manager and a rapid response vehicle also in attendance"

All sent so it would hit the press and get people talking. Making sure less people play with fire next year.
Ban alcohol , fires , fireworks , news stories , words and pictures !!!

NOW I DO NOT BELIEVE SHE WANTED TO DO THAT!!!!!!!
ste explain to me why thats harsh?some stupid person decides to run across fire and expects people to look after them when they burn!!
It is harsh because somebody has made a mistake and suffered possibly dreadful consequences because they did not consider their actions may cause injury. Tell me one person who has not done something they regretted doing.the lady in question will probably bear the results of her drunken misadventure for the rest of her life.Most of us just carry those results for 24 hours or so.
withthat
A number of things spring to mind, pubs and bonfires do not mix, if the bonfire was part of the pub entertainment provisions should have been made for the much maligned health and safety arrangements, had there been a warden or the like supervising this would not have happened, a 25 year old is not a child and should have known better, if anyone was with her they should have stopped her, everybody has a responsibility for their own actions or lack of, she has paid dearly for her stupidity and but for the intervention of a bystander her injuries could have been life threatening, many lessons to be learnt by all.
Originally Posted by Globe
The 25-year-old had been enjoying a small celebration with friends of the family who run the Farmers Arms pub in Frankby, following a large-scale public event, when the incident happened at around 12.20am.

Harry Demetrios, manager of the Hillbark Road pub, told how the woman had been pulled from the bonfire by her boss after she got her foot stuck as she tried to run over the dying embers.

He said: “It happened after the whole bonfire night was over.

“All that were left were the family and a few friends. The person who fell in works for my uncle.

“Everyone had had a bit to drink.

“The next thing she’s tried to run over the bonfire and her foot got stuck and she falls over.

“The police have said she’s not as bad as initially thought, she’s got some damage, some scarring towards her neck and towards her legs.

A few nights in hospital and she should be ok.

A warning to others i suppose.
As a kid we always used to jump the dying embers, its just what kids do and we all become kids when we have a drink, well i do.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral