Forums
Posted By: Mark Dad admitts throwing fork at his son - 4th Nov 2014 9:08am
Dad avoids jail sentence after admitting throwing fork at his son

[Linked Image]

A boy was left with prong marks in his chest and arm after his dad threw a fork at him.

Teachers at the boy’s primary school sounded the alarm when the child turned up with a bandaged arm.

Simon Duncan, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court: “It appeared to be quite a nasty injury with some bleeding having been evidenced and some swelling.

“It appears everyone was oblivious to the fact there was another injury to the chest.

“There was a consensus that both injuries were consistent with the prongs of a fork.”

Anthony Dixon, 45, had already pleaded guilty to a charge of causing actual bodily harm to the child but was due back before the court for a judge decide if he caused the injuries by throwing the fork recklessly, as he claimed, or had deliberately stabbed him with it as prosecutors said.

The judge, Recorder Andrew Long, said a community order was the most likely sentence but only if Dixon, of Cedar Grove, Toxteth, admitted what he had done.

Dixon then admitted throwing the fork “at close quarters and in anger”.

The court heard he was otherwise a good father who had lost his temper.

Recorder Long, said: “You have been very sensible to take the course you have today. It allows me to deal with you in a comparatively lenient way.

“I’m impressed you have gone along to anger management classes voluntarily. You understand there is something inside you that needs to be addressed.

“You don’t need me to tell you it’s a grossly inappropriate way to discipline your child no matter how naughty he may have been in your eyes.”

Dixon was given a 12 month jail sentence suspended for 18 months, 18 months supervision and 150 hours unpaid work.

Source Click Me
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dad admitts throwing fork at his son - 4th Nov 2014 9:14am
In his defence he said it wasn't intentional, I was only forking about smile
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Dad admitts throwing fork at his son - 4th Nov 2014 9:49am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Dad admitts throwing fork at his son - 4th Nov 2014 10:10am
i once got smacked with a 7 iron off my dad,this kid was lucky
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dad admitts throwing fork at his son - 4th Nov 2014 10:19am
The father said he was going to throw a spoon but there was no point smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral