Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Wirral people wanted for dating show - 18th Aug 2014 2:32pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...dium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

A CHANNEL Four dating show is looking for contributors from Wirral for their new series.

Producers from The Undateables are looking for single men and women with a physical, sensory or other impairment or long term condition who are looking for love.

The fourth series of the acclaimed documentary will once again follow disabled people and those with a variety of conditions through the highs and lows of their quest to find love.

Anyone interested in taking part, or would like to find out more, should call 020 7290 0223 or email [email protected].

Just say No. This show was awful- very exploitive- last time it was on. in my opinion it deliberatley set out to make fun of those taking part.

Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral people wanted for dating show - 18th Aug 2014 4:17pm
For once, I agree with you.
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral people wanted for dating show - 18th Aug 2014 8:30pm
Im glad I read your post to the end Rude! I was reading through it thinking how awful it was for someone on Wiki to be advertising such an insensitive show . I agree with your observations . TV companies seem shameless these days in using peoples feelings and emotions as 'entertainment' for viewers.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Wirral people wanted for dating show - 19th Aug 2014 11:52am
Going to have to disagree. This is the path which tv has taken. The people involved in the show have just as much right to show their 'reality'. Although the show is based around people with learning difficulties, autism, and a wide range of disabilities i don't think it necessarily exploits these anymore than any of the other programmes in this genre
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wirral people wanted for dating show - 21st Aug 2014 12:54pm
I thought it was quite sweet to see them finding partners and the programme handled the subject quite sensitively.

If you watch it and find it amusing or a freak show then maybe the problem is with your perceptions?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral