Forums
Posted By: venice The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 9:34am
Oh Dear, The Grange country club in Thornton Hough seems to have gone belly up. I feel very sorry for all the people who have functions like weddings arranged there, what a hassle trying to rebook and re-arrange everything .
Posted By: Finney Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 9:49am
Yes the grange locked its front gates last week as they have gone bust ( according to local reports ), but what's with the construction work going on in the grounds. Is it likely to reopen under a different name???????
Posted By: smocker Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 11:53am
they refunded our 90 quid meal vouchers
Posted By: AR_One Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 12:10pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1...er_Wirral_country_club_closes_its_doors/

It's been taken over but I wonder for what - I smell a property development - wonder if it'll be lots of "Executive" houses before we know it

Or maybe a footballer has bought it to turn into one massive house!
Posted By: Finney Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 2:57pm
I drive past the grange daily so will try keep you updated of any developments
Posted By: Garygadge Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 5:15pm
I heard it was going to be as wine bar.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 5:19pm
Health spar. its in greenbelt so you can not have a housing estate.
Posted By: venice Re: The Grange - 15th Aug 2014 7:55pm
Well theres strong competition just down the road in the form of Thornton Hall . If Grange couldnt compete on the wining dining and function front , I doubt it could take on Thornton on the spa side either.
Posted By: Finney Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 3:39pm
Well guys here is the latest update on the old Grange in Thornton Hough, I have attached a link to the website,
http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/redfox/
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 4:40pm
What a splendid building.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 7:48pm
One of the problems with these out the way places is trying to recruit waiting on staff and other lower paid jobs as its not the easiest place to get to on public transport and not many youngster have own car
Posted By: granny Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 8:59pm
' The Red Fox' how very imaginative ! It could be the Black Cat or the Green Bean. Terrible name, and if he thinks foxes are 'blighters' as he calls them, when they are in the countryside, then he would also appear to be very ignorant of his new surroundings. Plus if he makes it too expensive, no one will go.
Even so I wish it well, although it's a place I only went to once in the past and was not impressed. They didn't have any staff!
So who has got it ? Some foreigner
http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/company/company-history/
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 9:58pm
Relax, Granny; Brunning & Price are a good outfit, with a lot of great eating places around the North West. I've eaten in, I think, six or seven of them and have yet to be disappointed.
Posted By: granny Re: The Grange - 10th Sep 2014 10:40pm
Thank goodness for that Chris but I still don't like the name. 'The Red Fox' ........ no
Maybe we should all have a WikiDinner there, to try it out and report back ?

Thanks for putting my mind to rest, I will sleep well tonight. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral