Forums
Posted By: daveybm Accident at Wallasey Road/Torrington Road - 15th Apr 2014 12:01pm
Torrington Road closed at its junction with Wallasey Road :-
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/11149529.Cyclist_taken_to_hospital_after_Wallasey_collision/

Torrington Road still closed at 13.00 Hrs, buses rerouted down Wallasey Road onto Marlowe Road.

Dave

Posted By: j_demo Re: Accident at Wallasey Road/Torrington Road - 15th Apr 2014 1:06pm
feel sorry for the person on the bike for their injuries but i can't count how many times i've seen people take their lives in their hands cycling through red lights and diagonally on that junction. i'm not saying it was his fault, but at that spot, a cyclist was always going to be injured.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Accident at Wallasey Road/Torrington Road - 15th Apr 2014 1:20pm
Totally agree, and when the kids are going to and from school they don't stop for anybody, but this junction must be one of the worst in town for cars jumping red lights it's a prime candidate for cameras.

Dave
Posted By: JABBERONE Re: Accident at Wallasey Road/Torrington Road - 15th Apr 2014 5:59pm
It was a fifteen year old lad no cycle helmet on I was told he came from nowhere and hit the car
Posted By: j_demo Re: Accident at Wallasey Road/Torrington Road - 15th Apr 2014 10:29pm
No cycle helmet isn't illegal (I don't cycle with a helmet either, it's nothing to moan about, it's personal preference) but the thing that irks me with the law is a cyclist could be 100% in the wrong and crash into the car or give the car zero options but crash into them and in the eyes of the law, the cyclist is innocent and the driver is guilty regardless. That's not opinion, that's fact. And as a driver, cyclist and pedestrian, that law is a joke & needs changing. I feel more sorry for the driver having hit a 15yo lad and the psychological damage and also the financial damage to fix his car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral