Forums
Posted By: svenlock68 here we go again!! tunnel fees going up !!! - 28th Mar 2014 7:06pm
As usual, despite 10 million in "reserve", 40 million costs going through the books, the 'Wonga' type debt from 1973 (sold off during labour) that wont be paid off till 2016 !
Are you like me tired of the stereotypical money raping government/council cash cow for 'other merseytravel projects' the tunnel is and has become ???
Discuss......
I don't give a damn.
Posted By: MikeT Re: here we go again!! tunnel fees going up !!! - 29th Mar 2014 11:12am
I see more and more people driving through the 'free' motorcycle lane. At busy times plod won't come after you. Quite tempted...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: here we go again!! tunnel fees going up !!! - 2nd Apr 2014 11:23am
when are the fees going up and how much to?
Posted By: Salmon Re: here we go again!! tunnel fees going up !!! - 2nd Apr 2014 11:59am
From 1st April £1.70 for a car, fast tag goes to £1.40
Posted By: granny Re: here we go again!! tunnel fees going up !!! - 2nd Apr 2014 12:31pm
Sven this below,was a similar topic earlier this year. The whole thing is bad practice to my mind . There again, now Wirral and Liverpool Councils have joined forces for certain reasons, no doubt the excess will be justified for putting towards the crutch all Merseyside travel cost, until maintenance on tunnels is needed. A bit like blackmail as they will probably go back to government for necessary funding at that time, knowing full well they will get it as the tunnels are the most vital part of the transport infrastructure.
Just my opinion, which could be OTT

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...ly_from_MerseyTravel_Reg.html#Post848833

© Wirral-Wikiwirral