Forums
Posted By: ManxCat Major Training Exercise On River Mersey - 1st Mar 2014 5:07pm
On Thursday 6 March, due to a major training exercise taking place on the River Mersey, there will
be no River Explorer Cruise services between 1000 and 1550.

The morning and afternoon peak commuter service will operate to the normal published timetable.

Anyone shed any light on this..?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Major Training Exercise On River Mersey - 1st Mar 2014 5:32pm

Request for assistance:
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service and Merseyside Ferries
Dates: A Mersey Ferry on the River Mersey Thursday 6th March 2014 9:00am – 3:00pm
In association with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service and Merseyside Ferries, the University of Liverpool are hosting a rare and exciting live one day multi-agency training exercise and are offering YOU the unique opportunity to participate as role players on the day.
The exercise will be based on an incident occurring on an operational ferry in the River Mersey. The purpose of this training exercise is to allow the emergency responders to test their capabilities in managing these threats in a difficult and unusual location. Your participation can aid in improving the future policies and protocols of emergency services.
The majority of roles require suitable undergarments to be worn underneath clothes (such as a swimsuit, wetsuit or tight sportswear) as the fire service will be using decontamination processes that will require outer clothing to be removed. Participants must be over 18 and must not suffer from sea-sickness.
An information sheet in pdf format, inclusing contact details, can be downloaded from /media/95175/Operation-KMAF-Warrior-Advert.pdf

www.volunteercentreliverpool.org.uk
Posted By: Uffda Re: Major Training Exercise On River Mersey - 1st Mar 2014 6:33pm
I know people should try and help out as volunteers if they can but the idea of standing on the side of the river in my swimming costume in March bbbrrrrrr!!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Major Training Exercise On River Mersey - 1st Mar 2014 6:52pm
that sounds cool
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Major Training Exercise On River Mersey - 1st Mar 2014 7:48pm
Thanks Rudebox,

Will give this a miss, Cats can't swim.. smile

HHMM Sure I have read somewhere about real terrorist attacks happening on the same day as there drills are conducted....

seeyu
© Wirral-Wikiwirral