Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Wirral Tax Dodger - 19th Feb 2014 11:01pm
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-wine-bar-owner-marion-6723945News Liverpool News Wirral

Well-known Wirral wine bar owner named as tax cheat

Marion Thompson has been ordered to pay more than £43,000
Wine bar owner Marion Thompson
A wine bar owner from New Brighton has been ordered to pay more than £43,000 after deliberately defaulting on her taxes.

Marion Thompson is well known across Wirral as both the brains behind Tallulah’s Wine Bar and the woman who brought donkey rides back to the seaside resort.

But her nightspot in Victoria Road is among the latest tax cheating businesses to be named and shamed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

According to official data provided by HMRC, she was fined £11,978 on taxes of £31,112, for the period between May 2010 and October 2012.

Posted By: LiamW Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 7:14am
Tax dodgers eh?
Posted By: movingtables Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 9:06am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-wine-bar-owner-marion-6723945News Liverpool News Wirral

Well-known Wirral wine bar owner named as tax cheat

Marion Thompson has been ordered to pay more than £43,000
Wine bar owner Marion Thompson
A wine bar owner from New Brighton has been ordered to pay more than £43,000 after deliberately defaulting on her taxes.

Marion Thompson is well known across Wirral as both the brains behind Tallulah’s Wine Bar and the woman who brought donkey rides back to the seaside resort.

But her nightspot in Victoria Road is among the latest tax cheating businesses to be named and shamed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

According to official data provided by HMRC, she was fined £11,978 on taxes of £31,112, for the period between May 2010 and October 2012.

working link: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-wine-bar-owner-marion-6723945
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 10:56am
Oh dear,does this endanger the survival of the sanctuary or is it not linked?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 12:14pm
taxman is the real thief here.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 5:13pm
Did HM Government get listed as a tax cheating business (think it is listed in companies house)--plenty of its members were on the fiddle.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 9:28pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
taxman is the real thief here.

Even Government departments get CCJ's, how much of a hypocrite are the government. Makes me sick......they should name and shame themselves W**kers

http://freepdfhosting.com/0bc536f60d.pdf

EDIT - Further more, they are just out to get every penny possible from us.

For me I was late filing a tax return - £100 quid fine

I forgot to SORN my Audi coz its Fooked - £1000 fine

I PX-ed My sons old corsa as he bought a new one last December. Couldn't find the log book so didn't infor DVLA - £100 Fine

Parking Tickets, Council Tax, Fines, I'm fed up of the lot. i bet that woman didn't even owe the tax, they just picked on her because she worked out of the country for 7 years.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 10:07pm
It's a disgrace! The only guilty party here is the tax man! Really makes me angry.

Revolution!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 10:18pm
If she was CEO of a multi-million pound Corporation, she could have owed a lot more £££££ and got a slap on the back for it!!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 20th Feb 2014 10:25pm
Originally Posted by ASE71

I PX-ed My sons old corsa as he bought a new one last December. Couldn't find the log book so didn't infor DVLA - £100 Fine

So, what's your complaint? The rules are clear and you failed to follow them.
Posted By: johnny Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 21st Feb 2014 9:57am
she was liable for tax payments and did not pay them..... she has earnt the money so no reason to not pay

deserves all she gets
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 21st Feb 2014 11:31am
Originally Posted by chriskay

Get your act together Ase71,save yourself some money.
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 21st Feb 2014 2:07pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
It's a disgrace! The only guilty party here is the tax man!

No, the guilty party is named in the article.

Like it or not, we all have to abide by the rules. Most workers have no choice but to pay taxes, why should the owner of a business be any different?
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 22nd Feb 2014 9:36am
Financing a shed load of rescued donkeys and ponies isnt cheap. I wonder if money essential for that just got diverted to it a few times from the tax jar , until it just got out of hand. Sometimes there are circumstances which make non payment of tax bills not acceptable, but understandable. Would have little patience with ordinary tax evaders with no decent explanation, but Im saving my wroth for the likes of Google,Starbucks , Amazon , Facebook and a myriad of other big companies who get away with murder taxwise.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 22nd Feb 2014 7:58pm

Another Conformer of shit legislation designed to rip us all off
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 22nd Feb 2014 10:49pm

Another Conformer of shit legislation designed to rip us all off

Quit moaning; if you don't want to conform to the rules, use your vote to try to change them or go and live somewhere else.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 23rd Feb 2014 11:24am
I tend to agree with ASE71 about certain legislation designed to rip us all off
or
to benefit those with the most money (companies and individuals)being able to avoid paying taxes by various legal loopholes and other means.
Who allowed these loopholes etc to be created but various governments whose mps (and their friends) doubtlessly benefitted from.
Close the loopholes

As regards Tallulahs horse sanctuary is it registered as a charity and could donations to it have been offset against taxes

Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 23rd Feb 2014 4:56pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Who allowed these loopholes etc to be created but various governments whose mps (and their friends) doubtlessly benefitted from.
Close the loopholes

I absolutely agree, Derek. My problem is with those who pick and choose which laws they obey. Ultimately the way to change laws is with the ballot box. I have no sympathy with anyone who, by design, ignorance or foolishness incur penalties which they need not. The laws are clear; we must obey them or risk the penalty.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 24th Feb 2014 5:23pm
I used to work for her then went on to purchase a night club from her, 3 months later the doors where locked on me as she owed a mass amount of money in rent arrears. She's great with front of house, but business sense, there isn't any!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 24th Feb 2014 6:32pm
Originally Posted by ShaunTheSheep
but business sense, there isn't any!

Must cost alot to keep the donkeys alive off season.
Posted By: LiamW Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 25th Feb 2014 7:18pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

to benefit those with the most money (companies and individuals)being able to avoid paying taxes by various legal loopholes and other means.

You really think tax laws benefit those with the most money?

You do understand the concept that the top 1% contribute more than 30% to the overall tax income!? Who the feck does that benefit.

I wager that the bottom 30% contribute less than 1% except, I guess, the tax they are forced to pay on their little luxuries!?
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 25th Feb 2014 8:36pm
Apologies for going slightly off topic

I have said nothing about those that pay their proper tax amounts
only about those that avoid and evade through various ways lawfully or not. A decent government should have been able to close these loopholes or get someone in who could do it.
In fact I think it has now come to the point where the rest of the world are now looking at sorting it out

What is the Difference Between Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion?

Tax avoidance is the legal way of reducing one's tax bill by using a number of accounting methods to achieve this. Tax avoidance methods usually involve complicated ways in changing one's business structure through incorporation, establishing an offshore company in a tax haven, or even deducting tax for materials or equipment use. The company also fully discloses this information to the tax authorities.

Tax evasion is an illegal way of reducing one's tax bill. This involves deliberately misrepresenting or concealing the true state of their affairs to the tax authorities to reduce their tax liability, and includes, in particular, dishonest tax reporting.

Switzerland is thought to have attracted more than £1.3tn (€1.5tn, $2tn) in offshore deposits and has come under close scrutiny over the last few years.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Tax Dodger - 25th Feb 2014 10:41pm

Attached picture Tax Evasion (Copy).jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral