Forums
Posted By: Mark Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 9:57am
Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool for World War I commemorations.

The Sea Odyssey giants which captured the imagination of hundreds of thousands of Merseysiders are set to return to Liverpool as part of this year's World War I commemorations.

The five-day spectacle, called Memories of August 1914, marking the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the war and commissioned jointly by Liverpool City Council and 14-18 NOW, the First World War Centenary Cultural Programme, will take place on the banks of the Mersey from July 23-27 2014.

Source

Did you see them last time ?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 10:06am
Will be going to this, i missed last time ,did not realise how good it was , everyone and press raving about it . Thanks for posting , one for the diary ...
Posted By: Cobby Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 12:38pm
That's brilliant news - I saw them last time, they were amazing. The guys operating them must be incredibly fit, they had to work so hard to keep them moving.
Posted By: starakita Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 5:26pm
We went on the Saturday when the girl met her uncle,the whole thing was amazing so I'm hoping to go again to see this
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 5:48pm
Missed it last time so will deffo be going this time around. smile
Posted By: tedmus Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 7:16pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Missed it last time so will deffo be going this time around. smile

Me too, this one is the culmination of the UK anniversary events so should be pretty spectacular.
Posted By: Cobby Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 9:14pm
Giants' website - http://www.giantspectacular.com/
Posted By: cathie Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 9:22pm
We saw them last time after they had been reunited and were parading past Liverpool ferry, my eldest lad had stood in a queue for coffee for about an hour and missed them passing, we then walked down to the sea front at the side of the ferry to wait for them to sail past, which they did after about 2 hours but my eldest lad had to run the loo and missed them sailing last hahaha

My youngest who was 2 at the time was totally enthralled and convinced they were real after she looked at him, smiled and waved to him (& of course everyone else standing by us) :-)
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 7th Jan 2014 11:15pm
Yes i did this was an amazing thing to see.its a must trust me.Am so happy its comming back i will be there with my new video camera.Thanks for this Mark,am going to make a point am taking them days off.
Posted By: rocks Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 8th Jan 2014 12:30am
i missed them last year so its buttie boxes at the ready this year, make a day of it smile
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 8th Jan 2014 11:09am
Hi rocks ,maybe a day for a wiki group meet ..... Hope you and TC are ok and had a nice Christmas and new year .Starting to feel better after recent events.
Posted By: rocks Re: Sea Odyssey giants return to Liverpool - 8th Jan 2014 12:22pm
hiya missy glad your feeling better wink

yes me and TC had a lovely xmas thanks and yes a group meet up sounds good smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral