Forums
Posted By: cameraman former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 10:42am
Just heard the sad news that former singer/ guitarist Pete Leay passed away yesterday. Pete was a popular Wirral musician. My thoughts are with his family
Posted By: torryman Re: former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 11:16am
Wow didn't know he was unwell ...he was advertising to buy some speakers recently so I thought he was still well and performing, and I think he had a bit of a recording studio ...very sad news R.I.P. Pete.
Posted By: Waddi Re: former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 11:37am
I live over the road from Pete, the road is full of police and Pete's house is taped off.
Don't know who he was so I went on wikipedia still don't know who he was, sorry frown
Posted By: katyem Re: former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 12:07pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_(band)
Posted By: ianyam Re: former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 12:17pm
I have just read this on a social network site, I think its the same Pete but don't quote me.

Apparently there was a disturbance at a party and pete went in between them and got injured. The ambulance was called but he refused to go for a check up and died several hours later.
Posted By: lansyp Re: former Buster guitarist Pete Leay passed away - 27th Dec 2013 12:47pm
so sad i know his son but didnt know pete thought are with his family ,r.i.p pete
Think I had/have a compilation vinyl single by 3 groups Buster, Crawler and Moon. Up to the attic!
Originally Posted by fish5133
Think I had/have a compilation vinyl single by 3 groups Buster, Crawler and Moon. Up to the attic!

oops--memory loss Boxer Crawler and Moon
Got Buster on tape live at the Alexander( or is it Victoria) palace and a recording live at the Budakan ( prob spelt wrong). Brill band. Played with Pete in the 80's on a charity gig. Top bloke. Will be sorely missed, he was a musicians musician.
This from Mersey Magazine this afternoon......

Pete Leay, the lead guitarist and vocalist of 1970s Wirral band, "Buster", has died in tragic circumstances.

He was 54 years old.

At this time his death is being treated as unexplained

Mersey Magazine has spoken to the police and we are allowed to bring you the following statement .

Merseyside Police can confirm two men were arrested following the unexplained death of a man in New Ferry on Thursday, 26 December.

At 5.45am paramedics were called to a property on Egerton Road to a report a 54-year-old man had collapsed. They attended but unfortunately the man was declared dead at the scene.

Following the discovery two men at the property, aged 28 and 30, were arrested on suspicion of murder. They have been questioned and bailed pending further enquiries.

A post mortem has been conducted, and the results withheld pending toxicology reports.

The man has been identified and his next of kin have been advised.

As there was police contact with the deceased in the hours before his death the matter has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission as per normal procedure.

An investigation into the full circumstances of the incident is ongoing and the death continues to be treated as unexplained.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2265.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral