Forums
In today's Wirral Globe. Is nothing sacred?
I think people will park in unsuitable places causing accidents if this goes through.

Disgusting.

Everybody wants your money. Got a letter from Sky today saying they are increasing their prices. Must get rid of Sky and go back to basics because it is poor value.

An earlier post mentioned the increase in car parking at various Wirral public sites. They are just trying to bleed us dry as well.
I don't know. I live in an area of Wirral that is deemed "not good enough" to recieve a Wirral Globe.
Me too!
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Everybody wants your money. Got a letter from Sky today saying they are increasing their prices. Must get rid of Sky and go back to basics because it is poor value.

An earlier post mentioned the increase in car parking at various Wirral public sites. They are just trying to bleed us dry as well.
Where do they think we are getting it all from
Originally Posted by rover644
Originally Posted by Moonstar

Where do they think we are getting it all from

Try ringing Sky and tell them you have a better offer from Virgin or BT and see what they offer you.They gave me half price for 6 months.
The six month offer seems to be the norm, but what about the next few years.

We are being held to ransom and our pounds will only stretch so far. When more people start to cut back something will have to give from manufacturers and suppliers.
BT charges going up from January too. 1571, caller display and line rental. So looking elsewhere . They will do themselves out of business. Have you seen the size of their phone book now and compare it to a number of years ago. Minute!!

Wouldn't surprise me if the pedestrian crossings have to operate by a twenty pence in the slot soon!

Car parking fees at Country Parks, doesn't matter to them as they are not dependant on footfall at those places. Although l would imagine Thurstaston Visitor Centre could be on the hit list very soon.

It's worth looking into other councils and see what actions they are taking , to reduce spending, or increase revenue, although not the ones so close to home as they all work on the same principles.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral