Forums
Posted By: Helles Dept of health cold calling. - 9th Oct 2013 9:17am
Friend of mine had a knock on the door the other day. Small Asian man who said he was from the department of health was at the door.

He said he wanted to interview boys of 11 to 17 and was quite happy to interview them without the parents being present. My friend told him that there were no children of that age in the house. He then saw his younger boy who is nine and said he could interview him. My friend then told him to go away and there was no way he was coming into the house. He went!

My friend then phoned the police on 101 only to be told that his was one of a number of calls about the same person. The police eventually caught up with this man and it turned out that he was genuinely from the department of health!

He was advised that what he was doing could lead to him getting a good hiding or something and he should revise his technique somewhat.

What kind of organisation is the department of health for a) allowing this? and b) sending someone out with possibly the worst training ever?

Sometimes government departments make the mind boggle at their stupidity.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Dept of health cold calling. - 9th Oct 2013 10:43am
I am surprised that the police were not more concerned about a man asking to be left alone with youngsters, even if he was genuinely from dept of health.. It goes against everything that I know about CRB/advanced disclosures.
Is there no end to the stupidity of government departments?
Posted By: AR_One Re: Dept of health cold calling. - 9th Oct 2013 11:53am
I'd suspect that he didn't directly work for DoH rather a company contracted to collect information on their behalf.

Where was this Helles?
Posted By: Helles Re: Dept of health cold calling. - 9th Oct 2013 1:14pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
I'd suspect that he didn't directly work for DoH rather a company contracted to collect information on their behalf.

Where was this Helles?

Moreton area.
Posted By: nirvana Re: Dept of health cold calling. - 9th Oct 2013 3:45pm
There is no way I would allow anybody into my home to my children without an appointment, I.D and certainly not without either myself or their Dad present. Not so long ago a health visitor calling to see my newborn baby spent over an hour at the neighbours (Even had a cup of tea!) before they realised they were in the wrong house!!!!
Posted By: bigpete Re: Dept of health cold calling. - 10th Oct 2013 12:18pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Originally Posted by AR_One
Where was this Helles?

Moreton area.

Hope it wasn't Atos !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral