Forums
Posted By: Moonstar You Thought It Had Gone! - 19th Jul 2013 11:05pm
Have a look at the Wirral Cabinet minutes - all interesting but especially item 40. Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.

Sounds like the old Merseyside County Council to me.

http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=4359&x=1&

The minutes also speak of sharing 'Back Office Services' with Cheshire West and Chester Council - item 25.

Seems like some interesting stitching is going on.

Also - shame the Foxfield School relocation would remove more playing fields - so much for the Olympic legacy. Item 34.

I suppose Councils all over the country are now Corporate Dinosaurs which we have to keep feeding, along with all the other Government departments that have developed in a similar way. It is all so top heavy that it will, without doubt, fall over.
Posted By: granny Re: You Thought It Had Gone! - 20th Jul 2013 10:37am
Re: Item 40.

I believe that the idea of that agenda has been at the back of their minds for a long time.
Unfortunately, almost certainly,the people of Wirral will not benefit. It's a disgrace that our council cannot see the problems that will lie ahead. Including the loss of their jobs!
An absolutely, misguided venture, if it goes ahead.
If this is necessary, I see it, that our council has failed us big time!
Due for higher council tax and more militancy in that case.... for starters.
Do they not have to put something like that to the people of Wirral? The word 'democracy' appears on the link!
More recently, they seemed to be able to put out a questionaire for us when they couldn't think for themselves!

.........enter 19Frank40 ! smile
Posted By: Tess65 Re: You Thought It Had Gone! - 20th Jul 2013 1:28pm
Originally Posted by Moonstar

.....I suppose Councils all over the country are now Corporate Dinosaurs which we have to keep feeding, along with all the other Government departments that have developed in a similar way. It is all so top heavy that it will, without doubt, fall over.

That is a great quote.
Posted By: bigpete Re: You Thought It Had Gone! - 22nd Jul 2013 12:47pm
Indeed - what we didn't see, was a proposal to streamline down to one Mayor - one Chief Exec.

Too much to ask I suppose - very soon the number of Seniors will exceed the number of workers....
Posted By: fish5133 Re: You Thought It Had Gone! - 22nd Jul 2013 8:32pm
just had my "one Brief" council newsletter mentioning the sharing of services with west wirral. Just sounds like a lot more work for fewer people with no extra pay and with less efficiency and lower morale and extra stress resulting in more sickness and time off work on full pay with no productivity and extra costs for bringing in temporary staff---probably the ones that were laid off in the first place.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral