Forums
Posted By: Mark Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 16th Jul 2013 3:12pm
A DRIVER has died following an accident on Lever's Causeway at Bebington.

At around 10.40am today, police were called to the causeway and found a Ford Ka on fire having rolled onto its roof.

Wirral Globe click me
Posted By: valli Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 16th Jul 2013 5:14pm
How sad for his family.Condolences to them.
Posted By: clagsey Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 16th Jul 2013 7:51pm
The causeway is well known for these kind of accidents, what happened today was extremly sad.
I work in Storeton village so saw the police, ambulance, helicopter etc. I'm hoping now that the powers that be will finally reduce the speed limit on the road.
Condolences to the mans family
Posted By: millreefinley Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 7:07am
Originally Posted by clagsey
The causeway is well known for these kind of accidents, what happened today was extremly sad.
I work in Storeton village so saw the police, ambulance, helicopter etc. I'm hoping now that the powers that be will finally reduce the speed limit on the road.
Condolences to the mans family

it not matter if they reduce the speed limit,if there knowone thereto police it they still going to speed
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 7:43am
Speed camera will sort it out...
Posted By: Pablo Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 9:16am
Its a straight road how does this happen. Its the drivers fault.
Posted By: granny Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 9:51am
Something else, rather than speeding, may have been the cause.
Very sad.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 10:06am
I hope the tree killed him before the fire ball did!

I think turning it into a 40mph stretch will save a lot of lives.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 11:36am
Condolences to his family and friends....
I AGREE WITH GRANNY ,many reasons why , he could of toke ill ,a blow out, the sun blinding him......
Posted By: normanacton Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 12:39pm
Why not wait fot the official verdict before blaiming the poor driver ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 4:58pm
drove past it today and i doubt speed was a factor because it happened just after getting onto the straight section from the 30mph bends. What is awkward is if your driving with sunglasses on as the sunlight comes through the trees and cause a dappled affect which takes a moment to adjust to. Poor soul.
Posted By: clagsey Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 8:10pm
I was in no way blaming the driver, with working in the village ive heard the accident was to do with a driver in on coming traffic over taking somebody on a bike close to the bend.
No matter what caused the accident the speed limit needs reducing, I cross the causeway every day in the part that is ment to be 30mph, the speed that some people come pass me is rediculous.
I agree with deanobirko that there should be a speed camera put in place.
Posted By: Wench Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 10:22pm
Originally Posted by Kevinx
I hope the tree killed him before the fire ball did!

I think turning it into a 40mph stretch will save a lot of lives.

It won't make any difference as people will always exceed the speed limits. If they put a speed camera up, people will moan that it's just a revenue generating exercise that preys on the easy motorist target. If they put Police there with speed guns, they will be moaned at for preying on the easy motorist target and greeted with the popular riposte of "shouldn't you be out catching burglars, murderers and rapists".

The responsibility for keeping to speed limits lies solely with the driver!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 17th Jul 2013 10:49pm
how sad, feel for the family of this chap.
Rip.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 18th Jul 2013 11:23am
Nobody respects the 30mph stretch between the end of the straight and the roundabout either. If you look carefully you can even see wheel marks across the grass where some loon has taken a short cut.

Posted By: DavidB Re: Driver Dies Lever's Causeway - 7th Aug 2013 8:51pm
I've also nearly gone across the grass on that bendy bit, just because I didn't see it. It's not very clearly marked.
It's a perfect little road to test a 1/4 mile speed and is quite safe, but if you somehow come off at speed, you're going to hit a tree.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral