Forums
Posted By: NettyMc Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 11:54am
Just heard on the grapevine that a body has been recovered from the river Mersey at New Brighton.
Thats all I know at the moment.
Some heartbreaking news for one family to hear today.
Will say a little prayer for them all.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 12:18pm
I have just heard that he was still alive and shouting for help but the police failed to get him out and he died ? not sure how true it is
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 12:20pm
I've been told it was washed up by the Eggy Ferry New Brighton??? And pulled out by the coast guard and Fire boat

Very sad news frown
Posted By: fraggleface Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 12:30pm
i was down there when the police and everybody else turned up..he had fallen in at seacombe ferry & was shouting for help but they couldnt get to him in time,he was took out of the river at the eggy ferry..so so sad,not nice to see ..my thoughts are with his family frown
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 1:05pm
Did he fall in?? Or did he jump in??

I Find it hard to think somebody could fall in by mistake??
Posted By: fraggleface Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 1:15pm
the fact he was shouting for help suggests he probably fell,very sad either way.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 1:21pm
Its very sad, what an awful shock to his family.
Posted By: Dell1234 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 2:24pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/10213854.Body_of_man_discovered_in_River_Mersey/

Update from Wirral Globe. My thoughts go out to his family.
Posted By: rocks Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 3:01pm
as mentioned if he was crying for help it sounds like a tragic accident or a "cry for help" that ended tragically, either way i feel for his family frown
Posted By: coco_n_co Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 3:21pm
Seen 3 police cars on blues goin down by the vaults at 9.20 this am and my heart sank hope all is ok school kids think there invincible these days :-( prayers said xx
Posted By: Wench Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 3:24pm
He was in his 50's I believe, not a school child.

That's 2 today, plus one attempted last week - sad.
Posted By: Hotfuzz Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 4:19pm
At this time nobody is sure how he came to be in the water.
Police where there within a minute of the incident being called in.
He had been shouting for help but was to far out due to the tide going out for anyone on the prom to actually do anything other than point at him until the RNLI arrived.
By that time unfortunaly it was to late as he had been in the water approx 25/30 minutes.
I did see a number of people taking pictures. Lets hope nothing insensitive appears on the net!
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 6:25pm
That is so sad, I tell you what though that River Mersey is becoming a killer. I'm only young so maybe I have never noticed before but it just seems like every month there is another body found.

My thoughts are with his family x
Posted By: raymondo Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 9:46pm
where was the other one?
Posted By: Wench Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 7th Feb 2013 10:01pm
Formby Raymondo.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 8th Feb 2013 8:30am
Standing around taking pictures?

You would think someone would do something? I would at least attempt a rescue, find a life ring, anything!!
Posted By: Hotfuzz Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 8th Feb 2013 12:19pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko

You would think someone would do something? I would at least attempt a rescue, find a life ring, anything!!

They were taking the pictures of the RNLI bringing the male back inshore and then the police dealing with the aftermath/recovery.
He was to far out for a life ring to be thrown. The tide had pulled him towards the centre of the river. All anyone could do was point at him, tracking him for the RNLI.
Those that attended did everything that they could short of jumping in themselves and becoming another casualty due to the freezing water and strong tide.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 8th Feb 2013 10:03pm
There's been a good few drownings in the last few months, there was the young couple that both drowned, a body was found not too long ago washed up on the shore. I've actually lost count at how many there have been.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 9th Feb 2013 11:21pm

Disgusting how people can just stand there and take picture's frown

It's all to insensitive.
Posted By: Santos Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 9th Feb 2013 11:35pm
I have been told that the man had been dead for some time and had not been alive at anytime during the incident.
Posted By: granny Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 9th Feb 2013 11:47pm

Very sad and we don't know why or how, another poor soul who may have left family behind. There are many, but everyone tells a story of sadness.

Sympathies.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 10th Feb 2013 6:18am
Originally Posted by Katryn

Disgusting how people can just stand there and take picture's frown

It's all to insensitive.

Try living in Japan.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 10th Feb 2013 6:20am
Originally Posted by Wench
Formby Raymondo.

Do you not think your avatar is inappropriate for such a thread?
Posted By: europa1 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 10th Feb 2013 8:00am
He is my cousin.
Posted By: granny Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 10th Feb 2013 11:08pm
Europa1, this is very sad. I would like to say again, how sorry I feel for his family members.
Granny.
Posted By: europa1 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 11th Feb 2013 6:46am
Thank you Granny. I heard about it on the news but did not realise it was one of my family until I got a phonecall.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 11th Feb 2013 7:19am
Sad to hear this Europa1, thoughts go out to you and your family.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 11th Feb 2013 9:02am
Originally Posted by europa1
He is my cousin.

Oh dear, very sorry to hear about your loss.
Posted By: europa1 Re: Body in river Mersey at New Brighton - 13th Feb 2013 3:56pm
Thanks everyone.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral