Forums
Posted By: madrob Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:32am
Beware police stoping cars on dock road
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:46am
Good news indeed ! Let's hope they reap a good harvest of uninsured, untaxed and expired MOT vehicles for crushing.
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:54am
I will 2nd that Pinzgauer !!!
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 12:46pm
withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 3:00pm
Why beware? If your car is taxed/mot'd/insured/road legal/roadworthy and you have a valid licence/not over the limit/under the influence of drugs/carrying drugs/carrying weapons etc etc then I don't see the problem.

smack
Posted By: poppet Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 8:03pm
Thanks Madrob-wouldn't have wanted to get a speeding ticket for 31 mph and wasted police time that they could have used investigating criminal damage, burglary, theft, assault, murder, fraud, vandalism, etc.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 8:12pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Why beware? If your car is taxed/mot'd/insured/road legal/roadworthy and you have a valid licence/not over the limit/under the influence of drugs/carrying drugs/carrying weapons etc etc then I don't see the problem.

smack

You forgot speeding wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 8:22pm
Originally Posted by poppet
Thanks Madrob-wouldn't have wanted to get a speeding ticket for 31 mph and wasted police time that they could have used investigating criminal damage, burglary, theft, assault, murder, fraud, vandalism, etc.

31mph eh? Right... "You will be taken to the place from whence you came. From there be taken to a place of execution. You shall be hung by the neck until the body be dead" etc. etc.

Seems fair enough to me ! grin
Posted By: poppet Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 8:26pm
This is indeed the country that I live in!
Posted By: Wench Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 9:15pm
Originally Posted by poppet

General rule is +10%, so 31mph would get you nothing I'm afraid. Traffic/RPU do these Ops so as a general rule, deal with traffic, not "investigating criminal damage, burglary, theft, assault, murder, fraud, vandalism, etc".

There is a chance that they may well do what you ask about "investigating criminal damage, burglary, theft, assault, murder, fraud, vandalism, etc" just by doing one of these random stops.

I shall repeat the same statement I do every time a bollocks warning post like this is rolled out - would you feel the same if that *one* driver that wasn't pulled over, who was uninsured/had no licence/was drunk/under the influence of drugs etc, just happened to plough said vehicle into someone you love or a member of your family, or you/your car? No you wouldn't!! You'd sit & moan about how they should be out catching people who drink drive/drive under the influence of drugs/have no insurance/no licence etc!

You can't have it all ways! They're doing a job. It takes a few minutes of your time if you have nothing to worry about.

Strewth!

Posted By: littlebird Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 9:42pm
Well said. If you are all legal you don't need to worry do you???
Posted By: poppet Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 10:11pm
Shouldn't be worried about doing '34mph' but very worried that police resource is not more directed at known criminals committing most of the serious crime. Not so easy though.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 10:33pm
You're missing my point Poppet. How do you think these "known criminals" committing most of the "serious crime" get around the country!?! They don't get the bus or walk do they? They drive round in their expensive or "normal"/clapped out cars.

There is a chance that some of these "known criminals" were known to have been going about their illegal business today, in a particular area.

Things will only get worse re: crime as the numbers of Police are further slashed. The Government can manipulate the crime levels as much as they like, but it boils down to the fact that less Police = less crime detected = reduced confidence in the Police = less people reporting crime or helping the Police with information which eventually = crime is going down!! If crime is going down, we need less Police, so they can further slash the numbers or, as is already happening, they privatise stealthily through the back door, therefore removing the Police altogether so they can be replaced by firms that MP's have shares or interests in.

Can't be any clearer than that really. This isn't fantasy, this is fact! It's been happening for a while!

Posted By: Salmon Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 10:33pm
Perhaps we need to think what constitutes serious crime.
Surely driving under the influence(of alcohol or drugs,without tax and/or without current MOT and therefore not insured cannot be called anything less than serious crime.Consider the consequences of no insurance.
I believe that speeding is something that depends to some extent on the circumstances.In a built up area I think 30mph is usually too fast but on a motorway in good conditions then 80mph is often acceptable.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 10:46pm
there was one camera van there and that was it, only after speeders, simple as.

good job as i wasn't speeding though as i'd drunk three bottles of vodka, had a kilo of smack and three guns in the car wink
Posted By: poppet Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:00pm
Thanks Mr Hanky. Predictably I rest my case your honor. Easy pickings sadly.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:07pm
Misleading information by OP then!

Just to *try* and get the whole speeding thing not just being about "persecuting the poor motorist", if this doesn't get the point across, nothing will. Very well written by someone I have a lot of respect for! Just take a minute eh?

It's not about persecuting the poor motorist!!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:08pm
Is it not true that most police cars these days have devices which are capable of number plate recognition and from that have instant feedback of illegal cars? I am pretty sure that all police vehicles involved in "speed traps" will have such capabilities.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:12pm
Why was it misleading information by OP (original poster?)? They simply said police stoping(sic) cars on Dock Road.
Posted By: Wench Re: Police dock road - 3rd Feb 2013 11:25pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Why was it misleading information by OP (original poster?)? They simply said police stoping(sic) cars on Dock Road.

Bit of a difference between Police stopping cars (suggestive of more than one Officer, maybe an operation) versus 1 camera van - just my opinion of course.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Police dock road - 4th Feb 2013 1:59am
Many years ago, way back in the early sixties, leaders of the Police Federation of England and Wales were invited to attend a day at the House of Lords; all part of their education. One Lord Boothby, approached the group and asked for their views concerning the morale between the police and the public following the recent introduction of radar speed traps. Quick as a flash one of the officers in the group retorted:

"Well my Lord, when you have had the most unpleasant task of undressing the dead body of a schoolchild in the local mortuary at 9.30am in the morning, when that child should be sitting in school with its classmates, the morale between the police and the public gets flung out of the window because some idiot couldn't resist putting their foot down on their car's accelerator pedal.

I believe nothing further was said about the matter. And that was in the days when the police had very few cars on the road to deal with.

Posted By: Tatey Re: Police dock road - 4th Feb 2013 6:58am
Originally Posted by Wench
Misleading information by OP then!

Just to *try* and get the whole speeding thing not just being about "persecuting the poor motorist", if this doesn't get the point across, nothing will. Very well written by someone I have a lot of respect for! Just take a minute eh?

It's not about persecuting the poor motorist!!

Wench. Thank you for posting, that is a good link.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police dock road - 4th Feb 2013 10:51am
Hahaha, hilarious. (not referring to the link)

The police are always there, people should be used to it by now.
No big deal.

If the police were going to do stop and search etc they aren't stupid enough to do it on the dock road raftl

Why do you think they normally do it by cammel lairds or the Wallasey tunnel?

Use your heads people laugh
Posted By: El_Aych Re: Police dock road - 4th Feb 2013 12:44pm
Posted By: Uffda Re: Police dock road - 5th Feb 2013 6:48pm
Originally Posted by Alonso
Many years ago, way back in the early sixties, leaders of the Police Federation of England and Wales were invited to attend a day at the House of Lords; all part of their education. One Lord Boothby, approached the group and asked for their views concerning the morale between the police and the public following the recent introduction of radar speed traps. Quick as a flash one of the officers in the group retorted:

"Well my Lord, when you have had the most unpleasant task of undressing the dead body of a schoolchild in the local mortuary at 9.30am in the morning, when that child should be sitting in school with its classmates, the morale between the police and the public gets flung out of the window because some idiot couldn't resist putting their foot down on their car's accelerator pedal.

I believe nothing further was said about the matter. And that was in the days when the police had very few cars on the road to deal with.

withthat

It's very simple, don't go over the speed limit and you won't get caught!
Posted By: Katryn Re: Police dock road - 5th Feb 2013 7:31pm
withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral