Forums
Posted By: muddypaws The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 11th Jan 2013 11:16pm
The Egg Run is back on due to a donation from United Utilies!!! so happy that such a big event hasn't been left to fade away!
Posted By: cmw2a Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 11th Jan 2013 11:55pm
Brilliant! well done United Utilities!
Posted By: Salmon Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 12:09am
So will our water rates go up ??
Posted By: futurepast Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 12:50am
eggsactly pmsl
Posted By: j_demo Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 10:23am
is this confirmed???

and UU have finally done something decent for a change?

though i suppose it does mean that the route will have a million holes dug in roads with UU signs all over the place saying "unfortunately due to us being crap and having to dig holes, this egg run is now a cross-country spectacular" and all the bikers will have to take the "scenic route" ie over fields and across pavements due to UU's sponsorship of this event... probably.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 10:37am
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth - as they say.

So many people make such a huge effort for the egg run - I admire their tenacity, kindness and sense of fun.
Posted By: JessandAnn Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 11:17am
Great news, lets hope it is publicised well and is supported by lots of folk. May be details of how you could sponsor/donate will help its popularity too.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 11:26am
Great news ! Long live the egg run.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 12:02pm
Lets raise a glass of water to UU (influorided of course)
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 1:09pm
all riders should wear something to say that the council tried to cancel it,because i bet they will try to take some credit for it somewhere along the line!
Posted By: bandit Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 12th Jan 2013 1:53pm
As a biker myself and someone who was on the very first run, I am made up it is going ahead. I have only missed a couple of them from times when I didnt have a bike on the road, and it is a great day out, with loads of support (and eggs) given by many people along the route. A lot of effort goes into the organisation of the run and full credit to all those who organise it, participate in it, donate to it, sponsor it and support it. Everybody knocks UU from timed to time, but I take my helmet off to them this time!!!!
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 13th Jan 2013 6:39pm
As previously said by all above "Well done UU". Great news !!!
Great news, well done United Utillities.
Posted By: pepe26 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 1st Feb 2013 1:25pm
Is it still on ?
Superb news smile This is one of the events that I miss now we live away from the Wirral. I admire the selflessness of those who organise it in their own time, the bikers, passengers and everyone who donates.

I think East Anglia needs an egg run so I don't feel like I am missing something lol xxx
Posted By: pepe26 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 1st Feb 2013 1:54pm
Can someone in the know confirm this?or is it back off as of thursday
Posted By: pepe26 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 1st Feb 2013 2:09pm
Can someone in the know confirm this?or is it back off as of thursday
Posted By: reddragon Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 1st Feb 2013 2:37pm
reports state its cancelled again

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/10200869.EXCLUSIVE__Wirral_Egg_Run_cancelled_AGAIN/?ref=nt
Posted By: pepe26 Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 1st Feb 2013 6:12pm
Thought so,
Posted By: johnny Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 4th Feb 2013 4:01pm
the organisation of the egg run needs taking out of the control of its present organisers, before long we will lose this fantastic event from the wirral
Posted By: El_Aych Re: The Egg Run: Its Back ON : Nope Off Again - 4th Feb 2013 4:09pm
Someone needs to shell out...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral