Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Mum devastated robbers plunder daughters' grave - 29th Dec 2012 1:47pm
A MUM who lost her two baby daughters was today left heartbroken after thugs stole toys meant for charity from their graves.

Candice Miller, 30 from Kirkdale, places toys at her two daughters’ graves on their birthdays and at Christmas in their memory, before giving them to children’s charities.

But this year yobs tore up the cards and stole the dolls and prams.

Candice told the ECHO: "It’s absolutely heart-breaking, and devastating for me and my family.

"To think that someone could steal from a baby’s grave is just shocking.

"It’s hard enough for me to cope having lost two little girls, but it’s comforting to know people have something I can’t have, and to give them toys or presents.

"So it’s a double blow because I’m now grieving as I was before. I’m back to square one."

Candice had daughters Maggie-Mae and Laura in February and October 2008. Both did not live for more than 15 minutes after birth.

In the five years since, Candice and her partner James, 27, have laid dolls, prams and cards at the Ford cemetery in Bootle before handing the gifts to charity.

The toys go to Ronald McDonald House and Claire House Children's Hospice. Candice said each birthday or Christmas they spend around £100.

But this Christmas thieves stole the toys and tore up the handmade cards in memory of her little girls.

She added: "They must have known what they were doing, because they saw what these gifts were for and knew they were stealing from the grave of two babies.

"It makes it even more shocking that someone could bring themselves to do such a thing. It’s absolutely appalling."

Candice added that James now feels like he has to guard the cemetery, in case the thieves come back again.

The couple are hoping to try for a baby again next year, after battling back from the loss of their daughters at birth.

She said: "It’s tough emotionally, putting yourself in the frame of mind where you want to get pregnant again.

"But we both want to have a baby more than anything else in the world, which is why it usually gives me so much pleasure donating these prams and dolls to other children."

Source

I hope these ... get caught and get named and shamed

Description: Miller babies' grave
Attached picture miller-image-2-77257583.jpg
Can't say on the forum properly what i think of the ... who would do this.

A neighbour of mine and I were talking about this very same kind of thing the other day and apparently, a drug addict who used to live nearby to us would go stealing from graves on a Saturday night and then sell the ornaments and silk flowers at car boot sales! So lucky she doesn't still live here cos I would have a few things to say to her!
That has got to be one of the worst things I have ever read...it's unbelievable how anyone could stoop so low as to rob from a baby's grave, I really feel for the baby's parents
I do think it is disgraceful but why do this in the first place? Just give the things to the charity in their memory. We all know there are bad people out there, especially those on drugs so why tempt them?

Originally Posted by Helles
I do think it is disgraceful but why do this in the first place? Just give the things to the charity in their memory. We all know there are bad people out there, especially those on drugs so why tempt them?

Sorry but I TOTALLY disagree, you can't live your life under fear of what other people might do.
She wants to remember her babies, it's how she grieves, she "should" be able to leave anything she wants there and nobody touch it.
If they were "tempted" then you might have the tiniest bit of understanding, someone lost their job, kids need presents, do something/anything no matter how low you feel just give your children "something"..........so why rip up the cards.
I don't want my car to be damaged, should I not have one ?
I don't want my windows to be broken, should I brick them up ?
There will always be people who will take anything not nailed down, that is wrong, to destroy the cards with it shows you that the theft isn't even their motive. To do it from a grave.....sometimes you wonder why the gene pool doesn't have a lifeguard.
Thirtyfive years ago today I lost my four year old so please don't preach to me and certainly don't use capitals to emphasise your points.

We don't live in fear but take normal precautions such as locking the car and house doors as any normal person would. It's preventing the potential crime and in this poor families case they haven't. I agree they shouldn't have to but we are not living in utopia.

The ripped cards suggest to me that it was the work of children rather than some drugged up adult. Probably the kids of some drugged up adult though who haven't had any kind of morals instilled into their tiny minds.

Peace.

well said Helles, agree with you 100%..........
Well I agree with the DR, people should be able to put things at graves regardless of it's value without the fear that some sick individual is going to come along and ruin it. I actually can't believe some people would even think to suggest that what this lady was doing is wrong.

I hope they find out who did this.
It wasn't Wirral.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral