Forums
Posted By: insanekitty Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 12:57pm
Just drove past and its at the junction with Northwood Road
3 ambulances and about 6 police cars
Looks like a car and an orange motorcycle have collided and it looked pretty bad with all the motorcyclists clothes cut off and on the floor.
Hope he or she is ok.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 3:43pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...in_Woodchurch_Road_car_collision/?ref=la
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 3:43pm
A MOTORCYCLIST suffered serious head injuries following a collision with a car this afternoon. The incident happened at around 1.20pm in Woodchurch Road, Prenton, when a silver Audi collided with a black Suzuki motorbike. The motorcyclist, who is in his mid-30s, was rushed to the Royal Liverpool Hospital to be treated for injuries which are described as "serious but not life-threatening." A police spokesman said the 67-year-old woman driver stopped at the scene and was “very distressed.” Traffic officers have closed the road at its junctions with Holm Lane and Northwood Road.

Source

Description: Scene of the collision on Woodchurch Road in Prenton
Attached picture WoodchurchRoadRTC270912-1d.jpg
Posted By: Katryn Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 3:57pm
was on the bus about 1.30/1.45pm when it had just happened the motorcylist had gone into side of the car. Guy was recieving treatment side of the road. Then coming back 3pmish roads closed of police still there in attendance.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 4:42pm
Interesting and odd that the car is across the white line, partly on the wrong side of the road - even though having been impacted om the drivers's side...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 4:50pm
CV I thought the same, but that may not have been the scene of the accident, the vehicles may have been moved. The bike is lying 1/2 way down the car, but the damage to the car goes almost all the way down the side. think

Im guessing that accident may have happened on Woodchurch Rd and the vehicles have been moved to the side road to avoid congestion... think
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 5:01pm
I was up and down Woodchurch Road lots of times today. It's amazing the amount of terrible driving you can see. People changing lanes without indicating, speeding, turning right straight in front of oncoming traffic and tailgating etc.

Maybe driving licenses should be ripped up a lot more and everybody retested every 10 years. I'd probably fail my test if I had to do it again! blush
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 5:06pm
Msybe Stu, but there's no trail of fluids from the bike which there would be if it had been moved? And there's a piece of the wrckage on the ground right there. And - if you were moving vehicles 'out of the way' would you leave the motorcycle on its side and the car in the middle of the road, blocking the side-road completely like that?
Still baffled - I have looked long and hard at this scene and I still can't figure out how the impact could have happened...!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 5:10pm
omg thats some damage off a bike.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 5:24pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Msybe Stu, but there's no trail of fluids from the bike which there would be if it had been moved? And there's a piece of the wrckage on the ground right there. And - if you were moving vehicles 'out of the way' would you leave the motorcycle on its side and the car in the middle of the road, blocking the side-road completely like that?
Still baffled - I have looked long and hard at this scene and I still can't figure out how the impact could have happened...!

Just speculating, but could the car have been turning right into this side road rather rapidly to beat oncoming traffic, cut the corner and whacked the motorbike?

Posted By: mikeb Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 5:56pm
I was right there and the car was turning right into Northwood Road, the bike came up the outside of the car and hit it.The lads laying tarmac were the first on the scene.The biker was vocal which was a good sign but bleedijng from the nose and mouth.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 27th Sep 2012 6:21pm
I would bet that the first words from the biker were "is me bike alright?" - it usually is...!!
Posted By: motheroffive Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 2nd Oct 2012 3:35pm
Motorcyclist has many fractures but none to spine and no brain injuries. Seriously injured, will be in hospital for months but alive. Good helmet and clothing saved his life. Only 26yrs not mid 30's.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bad smash on Woodchurch Road - 2nd Oct 2012 3:46pm
Spinal injuries aren't far behind brain injuries on the bad news scale of things. Hope the guy eventually makes a full recovery. There are stupid bikers - as well as stupid car drivers. All will come out in the wash eventually. AND AND AND... How many bikers/drivers reading this haven't made a stupid mistake at some time?? 99.9% of the time, we get away with it. It's that 0.1% thats the thing to watch out for I guess.

Thanks for the update motheroffive.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral