Forums
Posted By: catlover The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 3:39pm
hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/rep ...

Justice at last for the 96
Posted By: Mark Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 4:45pm
on the bbc web site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19543964

At last the truth.
Posted By: rover644 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 5:15pm
A lot of us will remember what it was like going to football in the mid eighties, Crumbling stadia, Stewards with no mandate and police who basically thought we were #$%$ Even as a small boy following my team Tranmere i can remember being crushed, trampled on, pushed around by police and barriers breaking even recall nearly being hit by a piece of stand roof. These poor 96 souls unfortunately encountered all these factors on a much bigger scale than i did. The F.A. semi final was a big deal in 85 and yes maybe there where people without tickets, and probably quite a few had a pint or two. But sadly all the shortcomings of going to the match 80s style came to the fore for these people and they paid the ultimate price. Then it seems everyone involved in the matchday failings tried to cover there own backs. The shadow of Heysel made the LFC fans an easy target and for 23 years they carried it with them. At last answers, now for justice. RIP the 96
Posted By: Santos Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 7:00pm
Sure it was Tranmere you were at, they used to introduce the crowd to the team in those days, there were that few in attendance!!!
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 7:40pm
Originally Posted by rover644
A lot of us will remember what it was like going to football in the mid eighties, Crumbling stadia, Stewards with no mandate and police who basically thought we were #$%$ Even as a small boy following my team Tranmere i can remember being crushed, trampled on, pushed around by police and barriers breaking even recall nearly being hit by a piece of stand roof. These poor 96 souls unfortunately encountered all these factors on a much bigger scale than i did. The F.A. semi final was a big deal in 85 and yes maybe there where people without tickets, and probably quite a few had a pint or two. But sadly all the shortcomings of going to the match 80s style came to the fore for these people and they paid the ultimate price. Then it seems everyone involved in the matchday failings tried to cover there own backs. The shadow of Heysel made the LFC fans an easy target and for 23 years they carried it with them. At last answers, now for justice. RIP the 96
Well said mate...
Posted By: ga1976 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 8:58pm
i heard a man talking today on the radio and he said that for the last 23 years some people have said that liverpool is a pity city looking for someone else to blame and todays report shows that liverpool is not a pity city never has and never will be. to all the police and suits that were involved in the cover up of our 96 beloved sons daughters fathers I PITY YOU ALL FOR LYING AND CHEATING to the familys that have been left to pick up the shattered pieces of the biggest cover up rip the brave96
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 9:04pm
I have always thought of Liverpool as a pity city that thrives on grief and doesn't like criticism. This independent report is unbiased so I hope that it will put the matter to rest. Does anyone in Liverpool ever talk about Heysel Stadium disaster?
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 9:25pm
Originally Posted by Kieran1981
I have always thought of Liverpool as a pity city that thrives on grief and doesn't like criticism. This independent report is unbiased so I hope that it will put the matter to rest. Does anyone in Liverpool ever talk about Heysel Stadium disaster?
"put the matter to rest"... are you mad...it has now been disclosed that 41 people were still alive after the official death time of 3.15....if the ambulances and other medical people had been allowed to tend to the dying , the death toll might of been lower,. Dont you think thats worth investigating?.
Posted By: ga1976 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 9:37pm
put the matter to rest its shallow minded people like u who make my blood boil, if it was your family member or friend wouldnt you want answers????
Posted By: evertone Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 12th Sep 2012 11:11pm
Well said ga1976.
Posted By: alann Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:35am
Today is just the beginning, its time to bring those that ordered the cover up to task...
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 5:56am
OI am not mad no. I just think life is too short to be looking for people to blame. Whatever happens in the future won't change the past is all I am saying. There was the Ibrox football stadium disaster in Glasgow in 1971 in which 66 people died. I bet there's a lot of people who forgotten that one and many more who have never heard about it.
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 6:15am
Oh and I forgotten to mention the Bradford Stadium disaster of 1985 where 56 people died.
Posted By: catlover Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 7:57am
what a load of rubbish from Kieran...admitted they were both monumental disasters and precius ife was lost in both cases, but NEITHER WERE THE SUBJECT OF WHAT HAS NOW BEEN PROVEN TO BE POLICE CORRUPTION AND MEDIA POLLUTION
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 8:59am
would you let it go if it was your children what sort of cowardly barstard would sit by and let people smear the name of their loved ones you mention ibrox heysel and bradford the difference being nobody tried to smear the victims names of those disasters
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 10:10am
Originally Posted by Kieran1981

put the matter to rest don't think so some of us had family there who died so why should we put the matter to rest.
don't understand how you can say something like that
Posted By: rocks Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 10:37am
withthat
Posted By: ga1976 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 11:13am
to kieran 1981.
go put your head back up your arse ,you chat a lot of shit lad WHAT A PLONKER
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:04pm
you should be ashamed kieran...
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:06pm
By any chance Kieran 1981 are u a bitter blue nose everton fan.
How old are you Kieran where you older anoth to remember this day,I Was there in that end that day i was lucky i moved from where it happen,People like you come on here thinking you know everythink about what happen,.You get your news from the papers I bet you read that ... paper the sun
Posted By: ga1976 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:12pm
well said
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:13pm
i'm an Evertonian and to a man , every blue i know has always been respectful of Hillsborough.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:16pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
i'm an Evertonian and to a man , every blue i know has always been respectful of Hillsborough.

well said mate
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:16pm
Am not having a go at you Toffeenose some of my family are blue nose's. And when it come to derby day it funny in are house.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:18pm
well going by his post, he has a go at the city , the people and lfc , i think (hope) that rules him out being a blue.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:19pm
think we need to get back on topic here.
not wasting anymore of my time in Kieran and his stupid comments.
goes to show just how heartless some people can be.
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:22pm
Your right Zelda let get back to the topic and ignore people like kierian 1981,He proberly get some sort of kick from this.
I now hope the people of the 96 get there justic.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:27pm
i have started reading some of the report, and the memories of being a football fan in the 80s came back.Its unbeleivable now to think of the way fans were treated.I know some fans didnt help the situation ,and thats still the case, but if things hadnt changed on the terraces, my kids would never have been allowed near a football ground.I've been crushed at a ground , herded around , manouvered by giant police horses.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:41pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19575407

I have never allowed any of my children to go to a match they always watch it on tv.even to this day.

lets hope justice is well and truly served

Posted By: ponytail Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 12:56pm
All the documents for the enquiry are at
http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/open-data/files/Hillsborough-Disclosure.csv

Some are very traumatic to read - please be aware of this. There are personal letters asking for help as one I read stated that they saw their child still alive after the coroner's stated time of death. How it has taken over 20 years to challenge easily acquired evidence is beyond me. I hope justice is well and truly served. My thoughts go out to family and friends of those who died in this disaster.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 1:00pm
will be reading that later thanks for the link
Posted By: Uffda Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 13th Sep 2012 3:53pm
While I have every sympathy for the family of those who lost their lives, I find it really interesting that none of those who tried to force their way into the ground are ever heard admitting this and trying to justify their part in the tragedy. The Police obviously made bad decisions, but I wouldn't have liked to have been in charge outside the ground having to make a decision on whether to witness however many of lives being crushed or to let them in and hope that disaster would be prevented. Obviously this didn't work but it's easy to be a genius with hindsight. I work in the medical profession and am glad but not proud of the fact that our mistakes are much less public and more easily forgiven in the media and in public opinion.
Posted By: nickie Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 14th Sep 2012 9:14am
Originally Posted by Uffda
While I have every sympathy for the family of those who lost their lives, I find it really interesting that none of those who tried to force their way into the ground are ever heard admitting this and trying to justify their part in the tragedy. The Police obviously made bad decisions, but I wouldn't have liked to have been in charge outside the ground having to make a decision on whether to witness however many of lives being crushed or to let them in and hope that disaster would be prevented. Obviously this didn't work but it's easy to be a genius with hindsight. I work in the medical profession and am glad but not proud of the fact that our mistakes are much less public and more easily forgiven in the media and in public opinion.

What are you trying to say? You've lost me
Posted By: catlover Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 14th Sep 2012 9:26am
Forget the crush outside the ground,. forget if you can for a moment the decision toopen the gates...comment on this.....
41 lives could have been saved, these people were alive past the 3-15pm cut off point as defined by the coroner but were refused the medical asistance they deserved by police denying ambulance access to the pitch....comment on this the police altered 164 pieces of written evidence in an attempt to cover up their own mistakes and apportion blame to the Liverpool supporters who they accused of being totally drunk and even worse robbers of the dead....the Liverpool fans that day were all HEROES.....when you have commented on these points I am ready with a whole lot more!!!!
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 14th Sep 2012 10:04am
Originally Posted by catlover
Forget the crush outside the ground,. forget if you can for a moment the decision toopen the gates...comment on this.....
41 lives could have been saved, these people were alive past the 3-15pm cut off point as defined by the coroner but were refused the medical asistance they deserved by police denying ambulance access to the pitch....comment on this the police altered 164 pieces of written evidence in an attempt to cover up their own mistakes and apportion blame to the Liverpool supporters who they accused of being totally drunk and even worse robbers of the dead....the Liverpool fans that day were all HEROES.....when you have commented on these points I am ready with a whole lot more!!!!

well said
Posted By: ponytail Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 15th Sep 2012 6:48am
I came across this information, it states the FA failed to communicate safety concerns when deciding upon where the match would be held. It mentions the coroner directing the jury into the final verdict. There is legal information also.

http://downloads.hfdinfo.com/6HFDDutyOfCare.pdf
Posted By: catlover Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 15th Sep 2012 1:43pm

Come on Uffa..we are all still waiting for your response to my post as above..strangely silent, is it because maybe you have finally seen the stupidity of your original remark or too cowardly to make any response in case it contains more crap
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 15th Sep 2012 3:45pm
Before I start I am a blue, and some remarks made negativally here and elsewhere just go to prove that mud sticks. Also shows that those who post such comments have not the foggiest idea of what REALLY happened that day and cant be bothered to find out.

I in no way know all the facts but have read as much information as possible, read witness statements by fans of both L/pool & Forest,police,ambulance,stewards and local's who live in Sheffield near the ground.

The crush that happened outside the ground, for some reason there were more police 1 mile away from the ground than were outside it, they were ordered to check fans arriving had tickets, weren't drunk and so on. This led to many LFC fans arriving 20-30 minutes later than planned so many arrived near the ground at 2.30-2.40. LFC were given the smallest end to house fans even though they had an average of 50%ish more season tickets than Forest. LFC when arriving only had 23 turnstiles to get 24,000 fans in when Forest had 60 turnstiles for 22,000, this caused many LFC fans outside the ground at 2.52 when players entered the pitch and the game would not be delayed at this point Duckenfield (who was in charge of his 1st major football match) took the decision to open an exit gate to ease the fans in (they all had tickets as all were checked 1 mile away remember) this was the HUGE mistake as his inexperience and not doing his job correctly he didn't realise KNOW that when entering the exit gate fans could only see 1 tunnel to the standing area which when you entered took you to the two centre pens as for some reason the standing are was sectioned off.

Within 30 minutes of the incident Duckenfield said that LFC had forced the barrier, I can only presume that he said this as he had realised that he had made a mistake of the highest order and was covering his tracks whilst fans were still dying.

Remember Duckenfield was solely in charge for police operations that day, he was so in shock he then stated that the fans were fighting on the pitch which meant that only 1 ambulance was allowed to enter the pitch area, we now know that possibly 41 more could have been saved if the medical services could enter the pitch.

Other points to note which I dont know enough to comment on properly are: The ground had no safety certificate, the police in covering their tracks doctored 164 statements, a Local MP told the awful lies to a local sheffield paper who sold them on to the sun, lastly it was said that all fans who died could not be revived after 3.15 (meaning Duckenfield not letting ambulances enter) did not contribute to any deaths, one fand died 4 days later and one was either 3/4 years later.

I would urge anyone thinking of posting in a bad light about this subject to think carefully and so many wounds are yet to heal. R.I.P to the 96
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 15th Sep 2012 5:41pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Before I start I am a blue, and some remarks made negativally here and elsewhere just go to prove that mud sticks. Also shows that those who post such comments have not the foggiest idea of what REALLY happened that day and cant be bothered to find out.

I in no way know all the facts but have read as much information as possible, read witness statements by fans of both L/pool & Forest,police,ambulance,stewards and local's who live in Sheffield near the ground.

The crush that happened outside the ground, for some reason there were more police 1 mile away from the ground than were outside it, they were ordered to check fans arriving had tickets, weren't drunk and so on. This led to many LFC fans arriving 20-30 minutes later than planned so many arrived near the ground at 2.30-2.40. LFC were given the smallest end to house fans even though they had an average of 50%ish more season tickets than Forest. LFC when arriving only had 23 turnstiles to get 24,000 fans in when Forest had 60 turnstiles for 22,000, this caused many LFC fans outside the ground at 2.52 when players entered the pitch and the game would not be delayed at this point Duckenfield (who was in charge of his 1st major football match) took the decision to open an exit gate to ease the fans in (they all had tickets as all were checked 1 mile away remember) this was the HUGE mistake as his inexperience and not doing his job correctly he didn't realise KNOW that when entering the exit gate fans could only see 1 tunnel to the standing area which when you entered took you to the two centre pens as for some reason the standing are was sectioned off.

Within 30 minutes of the incident Duckenfield said that LFC had forced the barrier, I can only presume that he said this as he had realised that he had made a mistake of the highest order and was covering his tracks whilst fans were still dying.

Remember Duckenfield was solely in charge for police operations that day, he was so in shock he then stated that the fans were fighting on the pitch which meant that only 1 ambulance was allowed to enter the pitch area, we now know that possibly 41 more could have been saved if the medical services could enter the pitch.

Other points to note which I dont know enough to comment on properly are: The ground had no safety certificate, the police in covering their tracks doctored 164 statements, a Local MP told the awful lies to a local sheffield paper who sold them on to the sun, lastly it was said that all fans who died could not be revived after 3.15 (meaning Duckenfield not letting ambulances enter) did not contribute to any deaths, one fand died 4 days later and one was either 3/4 years later.

I would urge anyone thinking of posting in a bad light about this subject to think carefully and so many wounds are yet to heal. R.I.P to the 96

Absolutely brilliant post.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 16th Sep 2012 3:55am
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz

Absolutely brilliant post.

withthat
Posted By: Helles Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 18th Sep 2012 9:36am
It's all more or less been covered by previous comments but I would like to add that there is film on the net that shows fans not rushing in the open gate and not trampling everyone in their path. Hurrying yes but that is quite natural with the match about to kick off. There were also delays on the M62 which added to the problem.

This could have happened to any club but because of the hatred of Liverpool the city for daring to stand up to Thatcher when no other area would, it was demonised by the media. Anything associated with the city would also be the same.

Dare I suggest that the two dissenting voices on this thread are not from this area or they would have a better understanding. I would also suggest they do some proper research and read the report in full and if not disgusted as human beings then there is no hope.

Thank you to the Evertonians for remaining solid alongside your brothers and sisters and on a final note, thank you to the people of Sheffield who probably feel battered and bruised by all of this yet are as blameless as the fans.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 18th Sep 2012 11:31am
This is a very emotive subject that needs treating with care and respect. But I feel the total facts will probably never emerge, as this latest report is based on evidence they've managed to obtain. I wonder how much has been shredded or "lost" by the powers that be over the years?

I'm neither a red or a blue, but I am from Sheffield. However, I'm a Blade, not an Owl. The thing which concerns me is how this latest report has been interpreted of clearing fans of all blame.

That puts me in an awkward position, because I have friends and relatives in Sheffield with no affiliation to either teams playing that day, and they reported behaviour problems outside the ground on the day. Reports from far afield as Barnsley with concerned coach drivers struggling to get the fans to drink up so they could continue to make their way to the ground.

So are they now liars? Is the report saying "Sorry Sheffielders, you were mistaken"? And if so, is this yet another cover up and will we see yet another report in ten years time saying that this report was biased in order to draw a line under it to allow Liverpudlians to move on?

That evening the local radio stations halted their regular programming. Instead, Sheffielders could ring the station and offer their homes, a hot meal and refreshment, and beds for Liverpudlians who wanted to stay in the city. And that still brings a tear to my eye.

Don't get me wrong, I think Scousers are the salt of the Earth and I enjoy nothing more than drinking with them, and living in their part of the country. I've lived in various places across the North and Wirral is by far and away the best of them all, and if you want me to take sides I'll take the families of the 96 any day of the week. I've no particular love for the police, I've been search and held without good reasons in the past, those of you who know me from my "hobby" will know what I'm talking about!

But there's more than a grain of truth with the accusations of them being the underdog and playing the sympathy card. I think Liverpool must have more candlelit vigils than any other city!

And that reminds me of this very strange story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

I remember when Tom Adeyemi was racially abused during a match at Anfield. If you looked on the Red's forum there were all sorts of wild excuses - one poster even claimed it was a Man United fan who'd sneaked in to cause trouble.

Its unfortunate that Liverpool is marred with Heysel, the behaviour of its fans, and more recently its players and its manager, and that's the kind of mud that sticks for decades and will always be brought up whenever there's an incident.

We'll probably never truly know what happened that day, but lets take comfort in the fact that those who were killed or injured were done so in a terrible tragedy, that's been made all the worse by police lies and corruption. And those in power at the time will pay. And if there are any guilty fans, then the best we can hope for is a lifetime of sleepless nights on their conscience, and judgement waiting for them in the next life.
Posted By: Helles Re: The Hillsborough Independent Panel link - 18th Sep 2012 11:53am
Perhaps we have more candlelit vigils because we care Gibbo. I think it is an acknowledged fact that the public of Sheffield were brilliant on the day. A similar thing happened here when the grand national was abandoned a few years back.

Football fans can equal behavioral problems whomever they support. School kids in a group can do the same. In fact any group of young people can be a problem in sufficient numbers.

Leeds fans back in the day had a reputation but I don't class all people from Yorkshire as trouble makers. I daren't, I married one. I've seen Manchester United fans causing trouble in Liverpool city and that was when they were playing Everton.

I think once again people are looking for excuses to try and take some of the blame off the authorities. They can think what they like but the fact is that all those people who died were innocent and nearly half of them could possibly have lived if those in authority had done their job properly.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral