Forums
Merseyside Fire Brigade have started a petition on their website against massive government cuts. The cuts will probably result in heavy jobs losses, stations closing and less fire engines available. You can find the petition at the link below:

Merseyside Fire Brigade Petition
Done!
thumbsup
As in the same fire brigade who has just spent a large sum of money on demolishing a perfectly fit for purpose fire station in Birkenhead and has paid to build a nice shiny new one?
Still trying to work out, what the difference is between a fire station and a community fire station?.

I thought Labour had already destroyed the fire service? or is this just because the so called Conservatives and Libdems are in power.
the new fire station is being built with private investment and the fire service only lease the building now .all paid for by someone else .
25 year lease agreement .pfi finance .
Originally Posted by turnip
As in the same fire brigade who has just spent a large sum of money on demolishing a perfectly fit for purpose fire station in Birkenhead and has paid to build a nice shiny new one?

Come on it was in need of a new station, how long has it been there 1960's??
done
Fit for purpose it wasn't!
Someone else isn't paying for it, we are!
Petition signed.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Petition Against Merseyside Fire Brigade Cuts - 5th Sep 2012 5:18am
Originally Posted by turnip

I noticed that the one in Belle Vale, Liverpool has also been demolished. Don't know if it is being rebuilt.
So basically the funds are being spent when the country is in a recession and they are trying to prove that they shouldn't have funding cutbacks.

Yet they have the money to spend on new stations and what not. I'm not convinced.

And as for the station being built in the 60's take a look at your local ambulance or police station. 9 times out of 10 so are they.
Everyone wants no cuts but no-one wants to have to pay the going rate for anything (they want the Guvmint to pay for everything, whilst conveniently forgetting where the guvmint gets all its money from). We're gonna end up like Greece if we do that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral