Forums
Posted By: ad3000 Stuck in the mud! - 30th Apr 2012 9:47pm
While walking along Thurstaston cliffs early afternoon today with Purple22, we heard then saw the blue light brigade turn up along the shoreline. With the zoom lens, we watched the Inshore Lifeboat guys,HM Coastguard, and two fire engines come down to check on a stranded jeep up to its axles in mud. After a check to see it was unoccupied (even the police turned up for a look-see), they proceeded to have a leisurely pow wow on what to do next…
Wonder when high tide was today?

Attached picture searecue1.jpg
Attached picture searescue2.jpg
Posted By: Nomad Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 12:15am
lol

Nomad
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 6:38am
How did I guss that it would be there?. caldy sailing clubs tractor spends more time pulling 4x4s out the mud there than towing boat trailers.
Posted By: Smeghead Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 7:17am
It was a disabled driver taking his 3 dogs for a walk. My cousin was the one who ran miles to get help.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 8:16am
Did they get it out laffin
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 8:35am
Wow 2 fire engines and the police, was there a rapist on fire there aswell? what happened to 1 truck with a sturdy winch?
Posted By: AR_One Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 11:35am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9679917.Stranded_man_and_dogs_rescued_from_Wirral_mudflats/

Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 3:25pm
Hey Smeghead he must be really disabled to be able enough to take 3 dogs for a walk ,bet you that`s not on his disability form
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 3:41pm
winched
Posted By: purple22 Re: Stuck in the mud! - 1st May 2012 4:01pm
@gypsyjune i don't know if the driver was disabled or not, but even if he was doesn't mean he can't do a little walking (and very bad driving) does it?
all disabilities are different, some are not even visible to the untrained eye so lets keep that judgment aside…
however,his driving skills are a different matter, how and why he ended up there baffles me and seems like a waste of public resources to send so many rescue teams when at no point any lives where in danger, if anyone wishes to drive on to that kind of terrain do it at your own risk and cost. :-)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral