Forums
Posted By: Nelzy84 Officers accused of fast food law flout in Greasby - 23rd Mar 2012 11:06am
Joke

Officers accused of fast food law flout in Greasby

Feb 22 2012 by Helen Hunt, Birkenhead News

TWO on duty police officers were caught leaving their van parked on a pavement while they ordered food inside a takeaway.

A disgruntled passer-by snapped the uniformed coppers who had stopped for some fast-food in Greasby, accusing them of double-standards.

Merseyside Police said the officers would be spoken to about the incident, but said it is not illegal to park on the pavement – as long as it is not obstructing anyone.

Today the photographer who caught them off guard and on duty said: “There are parking spaces at the side of the shops and around the back so there was really no need for the police to mount the kerb, drive on to a pedestrianised area and park there while they went into the Chinese for their supper.

“As the rest of us are plagued by the spy car and have to obey the law when we park, why can the police arrogantly mount a kerb and park blatantly illegally whilst they buy their food?

“I was under the impression the police were not above the law but are there to enforce it! It shows an arrogance that is not very productive and does not give one a good impression of the police nor does it make one respect the police.”

The police officers, a man and a woman, were caught on camera on Friday, February 17, at around 7.30pm at the Golden Phoenix on Greasby Road.

Superintendent Jon Roy, of Merseyside Police, said officers are actually encouraged to use local eateries to build relationships in the neighbourhoods in which they work and in this case were not parking illegally.

Supt Roy added: "While the parking of this vehicle is not illegal, as it is not obstructing other road users or pedestrians, our officers ought to use the provided car parks.

"We encourage officers to go to local establishments to buy food during refreshment periods, especially neighbourhood staff, as in this case.

"The officers will be spoken to, with regards to using appropriate car parks in the area."

THE WIRRAL NEWS
who cares? honestly if someone goes to work to face physical and verbal abuse on a daily basis to protect the public then cut them some slack.
I'll bet if the spy car went passed while a member of the public was parked in the same place there would be a ticket in the post!!
Are you dibble Hanky?

Thats the standard line I get of Kev, who works for Man met as crowd control, He's admitted he does the job because hen likes a good scrap.

Couldn't give a tos55 mate, they chose the line of work, its hardly the same as going to Iraq is it policing Greasby.

Why turn a blind eye because they are coppers, dont get me wrong I've got a lot of mates who are coppers, forensics, crowd control and i respect what they do, double standards takes the piss when they are over taking me on chevrons on the Greasby by pass whilst i'm doing 40 they hit 60 no indication and then use the wrong lane on the roundabout to go where Mc D's drive through, waste of space
Originally Posted by rockster
I'll bet if the spy car went passed while a member of the public was parked in the same place there would be a ticket in the post!!

My point exactly, did you here the one about shutting the pot farms down and then coppers selling it on for personal profit, hardly legit that is it?

Best one was the woman who tried to commit suicide at Frodsham on Bridge lane, We talked her down and took her for a ride in the back of the boat, end of the night we passed frosdham police station to ask them to do a routine check and make sure she didn't change her mind, Copper sat with his back to us watching TV! in a high vis, wouldn't answer the intercom as it was passed 6pm an terchnically unmanned, all the same if the woman was being raped or murded - ridiculous,

I'm all for good coppers like the ones i know, dead against those abusing speed limits, parking laws etc and the same *wa*s are pulling grannies for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone Calday,

Unfortunatley its all targets based these days, rather than good old catching criminals

Glad to see where all my hard earned tax money is going
if you've got issue with how they drive, dash mounted camera and then you can report them, or you could always just report them anyway.

would you be so bothered if it was a fire engine or an ambulance stopped outside a chippy?
Originally Posted by mrhanky
if you've got issue with how they drive, dash mounted camera and then you can report them, or you could always just report them anyway.

would you be so bothered if it was a fire engine or an ambulance stopped outside a chippy?

In honesty dude, no

I know i'm coming across gobby, not intended not got an issue with you defending your opinion, I'm pro police but i find that a piss take why not park up like anyone else ?

One of my mates was also nearly killed on a Ducatti when two idiots ran a red light with no sirens they went to court etc and were dismissed as it turns out they weren't on a responder, stuff like that makes my blood boil, If that was a civvy they'd be in the clink for less than that
Originally Posted by Nelzy84

I know i'm coming across gobby, not intended not got an issue with you defending your opinion,

no worries, just healthy discussion wink

I love the rozzers...

There are a few who are nobs though...

I know i'm coming across gobby, not intended not got an issue with you defending your opinion,

no worries, just healthy discussion wink

smile Suprised how defensive I got there, I do apologise sir.

My bad !

Tis good to have a healthy debate though, to be fair, not really the end of the world, I know
Originally Posted by polo_phil
I love the rozzers...

There are a few who are nobs though...

Same with any line of work i suppose Phil, you'll always get the good and the bad and sometimes the Ugly smile
Whats with the PC rename of the thread?

smile Suprised how defensive I got there, I do apologise sir.

My bad !

nothing to apologise for.

am with you on the standards of driving etc.
i was in liverpool when a marked car passed me and went through a manned speed trap doing 50 in a 30. i stopped and asked the coppers why they didn't stop the police car and we then had a 20 minute conversation about how it could of been on a call etc etc.

i knew i was on a hiding to nothing but as i departed i explained to them that while i had been talking to them i'd stopped them checking speeds for best part of 20 minutes, they weren't amused wink

i do think that they should have on board cameras constantly recording so if a member of the public complains then the evidence is already there.
Hahaha i bet that went down like a lead balloon mate smile

Thats my main gripe behave how all law abiding citizens are expected to and noone can sling mud, All other fronts they do a decent job

Agree with the dash board cams, they recently landed two bobbies in trouble for being over heavily handed with an oap in a Range Rover, to be fair he did fail to stop and feigned ignorance, harsh but probably well deserved.
When I lived in Wally Village, I got 3 points and £60 fine for parking on zig zags outside the shop that was below my flat.

Imagine how annoyed I was 2 days later when I got this photo out of my window ........

Attached picture cop.jpg
And yes, you guessed it - they were just buying a few butties for their lunch
so am i rightin thinking we are all ok to park on the kerb? wasnt there a perge on drivers parking half on half off because it was damaging the pavements? fookin hate double standards me. they always park on the kerb out side the laird st cop shop i bet if i dumped my car on there id get a nice fine for it!!!!!
i bet if you questioned it though "the officer would have been on a shout and had no option to park there" again one rule for them
Originally Posted by Volly
When I lived in Wally Village, I got 3 points and £60 fine for parking on zig zags outside the shop that was below my flat.

Imagine how annoyed I was 2 days later when I got this photo out of my window ........

Originally Posted by raymondo
i bet if you questioned it though "the officer would have been on a shout and had no option to park there" again one rule for them

To top it off they are facing the wrong way without any lights on too, towable offence!
My son's car has had his rear bumber scraped. Quite a large area down to metal in parts. There is very visual evidence of blue and yellow paint. He knows nothing about it, must have happened when he was parked. Paramedic vehicles have the blue and yellow at a different level, so it can't be them.
Could have be anyone, I suppose.
so to sum up the offences 1, parked on zig zags 2, facing the wrong way and for the hat trick 3, parked part on the kerb. and what can we do about it bearing in mind if it was one of us the "general public" would have the book thrown at them, what can we do eh eh SOD ALL THATS WHAT BECAUSE IT WOULDNT GO ANY FURTHER THAN THE COMPLAINTS BOOK !!!!
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by raymondo

To top it off they are facing the wrong way without any lights on too, towable offence!
forward ur concerns to angela eagle, see if she can do anything
Originally Posted by dave_h

Text speak (ur) not appreciated; is it really too much trouble to hit two more keys? Not to mention the lack of any upper case letters.
have a go at him for not using a full stop.
Have a go at him for not using a full stop.

laugh
Originally Posted by chriskay

Text speak (ur) not appreciated; is it really too much trouble to hit two more keys? Not to mention the lack of any upper case letters.

never used capitals either, naughty me

ur comments not appreciated, such a +ve contribution u have made to this discussion, i cudnt be arsed typing it out in full, so yes it is too much trouble
Originally Posted by Robert86
Have a go at him for not using a full stop.

laugh

i've got an excuse, i'm allergic to them wink

ur comments not appreciated, such a +ve contribution u have made to this discussion, i cudnt be arsed typing it out in full, so yes it is too much trouble

wikitext

I shall endeavour to use the Queens English!
Police flouting parking laws, posters flouting capitals and full stops, what is this world coming to?

laffin
Volly, it would have been good to have a date/time stamp on your photograph, that would help pinpoint who the offending (and I use the term advisedly) driver was.
Police must know they can't keep doing things like this, it just loses the public confidence in them (as in: one rule for us...)

<rant> When I am visiting my Mum in WV, it never ceases to amaze me just how often, ordinary (non-Traffic) Police cars zoom up or down the village at VERY high speeds. OK, sometimes they may be on an emergency call but I just don't believe there can be that many of them, every day. It is clearly highly dangerous and one of these days, I just know there is going to be one horrendous crash (that of course, will not be the police driver's fault).
Mark my words...
</rant>
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Police flouting parking laws, posters flouting capitals and full stops, what is this world coming to?

laffin

not the model citizen am i!

Looks like that police car is parked on zig zag lines which is a serious no no mate......!! There is plenty of room behind that other car. They seem to be taking the mickey here.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral