14 Birkenhead Hamilton Square- Left Turn
14 Birkenhead Hamilton Street
14 Birkenhead Bridge Street
14 Birkenhead Hamilton Street - Left Turn
14 Birkenhead Woodside Ferry Terminal - Left Turn
14 Birkenhead Woodside Ferries To Mersey Ferry
14 Birkenhead ALT: Mersey Ferry to Liverpool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bert1 Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 10:43am
I don't feel any enthusiastism for wanting to go and see someone running along the road with something in their hand on fire.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 10:56am

I agree with you Bert,after all it's just to advertise Seb Coe's ego trip which is being held in the south and draining resources from the rest of the country.I hope it all goes well for him but count me out.
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 11:59am
I don't really care, since I don't live there, but I would prefer it went to Wirral or the Wirral peninsula.
Posted By: Snickas Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 12:31pm
I must admit, I was very disappointed it wasn't going around the peninsula myself [Linked Image]

Thought it was worthy of putting it up though in case anyone wanted to take their kiddies/families to see something that they'll probably never see again.
But I won't be making the effort myself as my boys just wouldn't understand all the fuss to see a man with a torch running down the road [Linked Image] disruptions from daily routines and all that and they'd never remember it.
Posted By: davew3 Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 12:45pm
I have more interest in picking my nose than spending my time traipsing down to see someone with an expensive piece of metal emitting flames, we've paid enough for the other part of this unwanted spectacle, how much more do we have to pay.
Posted By: Stingray Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 1:27pm
they will be mugged & the Olympic Torch will be in Cash Converters within the hour!
Posted By: chriskay Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 3:17pm
Originally Posted by Snickas
I must admit, I was very disappointed it wasn't going around the peninsula myself [Linked Image]

My comment was to point out the very frequent mistake of referring to "The Wirral". To be strictly accurate,it's either "Wirral" or "The Wirral peninsula".
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 6:13pm
Originally Posted by bert1
I don't feel any enthusiastism for wanting to go and see someone running along the road with something in their hand on fire.

withthat
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 7:13pm
Well i did hear it was to come through to Wallasey Village . It`s probably not everyone`s cup of tea but i will be there also i would of liked the chance to run with it :),each to their own i suppose
Posted By: The_Plasterer Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 7:37pm
Hey guys, I heard Birkenhead was the roughest part of Wirral. It would be amazing if it came through the better parts? Best to show Wirral in its best light?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 8:35pm
Friday, 1st June 2012
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 8:35pm
Woopy fooking doo !!!!!

Ya Mam !
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 19th Mar 2012 9:06pm
Originally Posted by The_Plasterer
Hey guys, I heard Birkenhead was the roughest part of Wirral. It would be amazing if it came through the better parts? Best to show Wirral in its best light?
Both Birkenhead Park and Hamilton Square are steeped in local History. Plus they are en route to the World famous Mersey ferry (to take it to Liverpool).
Me and my lot will attend, i'm not over interested myself but I feel its important to take pics etc for future generations.
The Globe is reporting online that the council are planning a fitness/sporting jambouree at Birkenhead Park from 4pm onwards.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 20th Mar 2012 1:49pm
Rude, thanks for the heads up on when to stay in. Good for the youngsters to see though, I won't bother.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 20th Mar 2012 4:07pm
agree with you on that ! hope its well insured !
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 20th Mar 2012 6:24pm
Just heared that the Olympic Comittee will be charging the runners £200 each if they want a mcopy of the Olympic Tourch for theirselves to commemorate the occasion!! Wot a swiz!!
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 22nd Mar 2012 3:57pm
dunno Think it will be a non-event
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 22nd Mar 2012 5:29pm
Sorry I thanked Rude instead of Snickas, bubbles in my think.
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Olympic Torch is coming to Wirral - 23rd Mar 2012 6:51pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
dunno Think it will be a non-event

Fook me...If its a Non Event we might win something at least!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral