Forums
Posted By: Mark Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 16th Feb 2012 7:06pm
Announcement worries Vauxhall workers

The new owners of Vauxhall/Opel tonight sent fear through the 5000-strong UK-workforce when they said they expected to make 10,500 job cuts across Europe.

Of those, about 4000 are in Germany, with the rest coming from other plants elsewhere.

Sorry old link see few posts down for new link

Source click me
Posted By: easto Re: Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 16th Feb 2012 7:09pm
Old story Link is 3 years old
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 16th Feb 2012 7:31pm
worked there for 15 yrs , its been closing twice a year for every one of those years ive worked there.Admittedly , the market is not great at the moment ,but we are bulding cars like there is no tomorrow.The conditions to build any new models will be announced soon , also the wage rise that was agreed last year kicks in this year....its no surprise to the workforce that talk like this is coming from America.We will have to bend over backwards and give up lots to secure a new car .. or , time might definitely be up for E/port...Ive / we have learnt not to worry about speculation like this.
Posted By: Mark Re: Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 16th Feb 2012 7:57pm
Originally Posted by easto
Old story Link is 3 years old

woops i seen it on the news and googled it.

New Link : click me

Im surprised i cant find more on this . . . .
Posted By: Duxdeluxe Re: Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 17th Feb 2012 9:29am
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
worked there for 15 yrs , its been closing twice a year for every one of those years ive worked there.Admittedly , the market is not great at the moment ,but we are bulding cars like there is no tomorrow.The conditions to build any new models will be announced soon , also the wage rise that was agreed last year kicks in this year....its no surprise to the workforce that talk like this is coming from America.We will have to bend over backwards and give up lots to secure a new car .. or , time might definitely be up for E/port...Ive / we have learnt not to worry about speculation like this.

What he said, this is non news
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Announcement worries Vauxhall workers - 17th Feb 2012 12:05pm
I took the voluntary redundancy from Vauxhalls in 1975, couldn't live on the 3 day week and the car park was absolutely chokka so took a chance on finding work elsewhere. Good luck to the Vauxhall lads and hope it doesn't come to pass.
oldman
© Wirral-Wikiwirral