Forums
Posted By: johnny metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 4:52pm
i and lots of others walk and exercise my dog on the common at moreton and for the last 3/4 weekends have seen 3 men with a staffy detecting on the common but sunday i went where they had been the week before and they have trenched the common up unbelievably it is now a danger for dogs walkers and the horsey people who also use the common, i do have some knowledge of metal detecting and it's practices but the mess these have made is devastating...anybody work in the council leisure or parks and gardens depot
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 5:36pm
You need to contact 606 2020 and report to Planning section, Metal detectorists are not given permission by Wirral Council, I've tried myself to no avail, I think chaps name was Matthew in Planning Section but best to ask at Planning who to speak to. smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 5:44pm
Johnny

Are you suggesting it's a danger for dog walkers?
Posted By: Silverback Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 6:32pm
Originally Posted by johnny
............they have trenched the common up.............

You sure they weren't digging latrines in preparation for a winter encampment.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 9:00pm
these low lifes give proper metal detectorists a bad name. The worst thing in the world is not putting the ground back exactly as you find it. Bloody ....
Posted By: Moonstar Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 7th Nov 2011 11:22pm
Oooo-errrrrrrrr - sounds like an advance party for the caravan brigade.
Posted By: johnny Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 9th Nov 2011 10:26am
exactly i was a member of a local detector club and they would be livid over this...and yes it is a danger to everyone using the common dog walker or not
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 9th Nov 2011 10:31am
Sure it's not kids?

Maybe pirates looking for lost treasure belonging to mother redcap? confused
Posted By: johnny Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 9th Nov 2011 10:34am
no these were def not teenagers it is not just a couple of holes this is big damage
Posted By: Silverback Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 9th Nov 2011 5:57pm
Not sure, may of been dreaming it, but I think I read somewhere that the local residents were entitled to cut turf on the common?

Maybe someone was just exercising their rights.
Posted By: johnny Re: metal detectorists destroy common - 10th Nov 2011 11:05am
Originally Posted by Silverback
Not sure, may of been dreaming it, but I think I read somewhere that the local residents were entitled to cut turf on the common?

Maybe someone was just exercising their rights.

def dreaming
© Wirral-Wikiwirral