Forums
Posted By: AlexB Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 8:15pm
I'm told serious injury but currently on the road...
Posted By: AlexB Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 8:16pm
Bender. Suspected broken neck?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 8:21pm
From BBC Sport

Cup tie off due to serious injury

A serious injury to Tom Bender forced the abandonment of the Accrington Stanley and Tranmere Rovers cup tie in the Johnstone Paints Trophy.

The Accrington defender was treated on the pitch for 25 minutes before being taking from the ground in an ambulance.

He went down in the 38th minute after colliding with Accrington goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin and Tranmere's Lucas Akin.

The Welsh youth international is on a season-long loan deal from Colchester.

Accrington chief executive Rob Heys told BBC Sport: "It was a three-way collision between Tom, Ian Dunbavin and the Tranmere player.

"It's difficult at this time to say what the injury is but our club doctor and physio ran immediatly to his assistance.

"Both sets of players were shaken up by the incident hence why we took the decision to call the game off - it's only natural reaction when you see a player stay down for so long.

"He was starting to show signs of coming around as he left the ground."
Posted By: AlexB Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 8:45pm
Twitter is saying suspected broken neck. Hope he recovers.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 9:49pm
frown tragic. I hope to God that he recovers.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 9:52pm
They didn't mentioned any broken bones on the news just now. Just that he'd been knocked unconscious and was now stable
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 9:55pm
He is all clear just concussion smile
Posted By: AlexB Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 10:00pm
I was concerned when I saw match abandoned due to serious injury. You automatically assume that someone has died.

Made up he's OK.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 10:04pm
Awww laugh Brill news. Thanks for updates. thumbsup
Posted By: MrG65 Re: Tranmere match abandoned? Why? - 4th Oct 2011 10:16pm
Yes, if it's only concussion that's good considering earlier reports. 25 minutes injured lying on the pitch and apparently an ambulance drove on to the pitch in order to take him to hospital. The lad is only 18 and only made 4 first team appearances.

It's been a while since Tranmere have come from behind to win a game, and there was a chance of that with the score at 1-2 tonight. Oh well smile
Strange tie again - last season Accrington got banned, after winning on penalties, for fielding a suspended player against us.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral