Forums
Posted By: Clive Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 22nd Sep 2011 8:40am
A 28 year old man from Birkenhead will appear in court today charged with the murder of a volunteer community worker with Wirral Council for Voluntary Service

At an earlier hearing, Barry Royle, pleaded not guilty to the murder of 27 years old Peter Caine, who died after being knifed in the chest in Market Street, Birkenhead, in the early hours of May 12.

Royle, whose address was given as Market Street, Birkenhead, faces a preliminary hearing today, the full trial date has been fixed for October 31.

Source
Posted By: Clive Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 22nd Sep 2011 2:32pm
A Birkenhead man today admitted murdering a charity worker by stabbing him the heart.

At a previous hearing Barry Royle, of Market Street, denied murdering 27-year-old Peter Caine, but today he changed his plea to guilty.

After his barrister told the court of the change of plea the 28-year-old was asked to confirm this and he simply nodded.

Mr Caine suffered eight stab injuries - the fatal one being a 15cm wound to his heart - during an attack in Market Street, Birkenhead, in the early hours of May 12 this year.

Police were called to the road shortly after 12.30am and they found Mr Caine with stab wounds to his upper body. He was rushed to Arrowe Park Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Royle, who appeared via video link from Preston prison, was further remanded in custody to await sentencing on October 31.

Source
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 23rd Sep 2011 6:53am
Preston prison?

He's got himself shipped out so he gets no stick.

I want to know what caused him to do it.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 26th Sep 2011 12:01am
I wonder what it was about?
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 26th Sep 2011 3:14am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Preston prison?

He's got himself shipped out so he gets no stick.

I want to know what caused him to do it.

Ste,I don't think he has any choice as to where he is held.
Also seems to be the policy to try people in Court away from the crime to avoid trouble so that Liverpool crimes are quite often heard in Manchester and vice versa.
Posted By: Clive Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 30th Oct 2011 9:45pm
A 28 year old man from Birkenhead will appear in court tomorrow charged with the murder of a volunteer community worker with Wirral Council for Voluntary Service
At an earlier hearing, Barry Royle, pleaded not guilty to the murder of 27 years old Peter Caine, who died after being knifed in the chest in Market Street, Birkenhead, in the early hours of May 12.

Source
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 7:53am
Let's see what happens today then, the scumbag will be in the cells now awaiting his punishment.
Posted By: Clive Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 8:05am
Let's see what happens today then, the scumbag will be in the cells now awaiting his punishment.
There is only 1 possible sentence he can get Life
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 8:11am
Originally Posted by Willo

I can't believe the silly twonk pleaded not guilty.

Then again he had nothing to lose.

I'm still wondering what sparked it confused
Posted By: Clive Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 8:16am
Originally Posted by Willo

I can't believe the silly twonk pleaded not guilty.

Then again he had nothing to lose.

I'm still wondering what sparked it confused
we will probaly never know, or we will get the version he wants us to have
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 8:45am
Looks like this is the same guy.

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/man-jailed-for-break-up-assault-1.642401?referrerPath=home/2.3307

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...munity-hero-peter-caine-100252-28692563/
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 31st Oct 2011 10:25am
Hello Moonstar ,well spotted ,yes i`m sure it`s the same fella as well. Looks like he was alway`s going to end up in prison ,his ex girl friend has had a lucky escape
Posted By: gemgem87 Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 1st Nov 2011 10:42pm
He got life.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ing_charity_worker_Peter_Caine_to_death/

Looks like the only thing behind this was drink and drugs, what a tragic waste of a life especially when he had worked so hard to turn his life around frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man in court for Murder in Birkenhead - 1st Nov 2011 11:00pm
Omg omg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral