Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 10:27pm
Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend during row.

A YOUNG Wirral woman injured her friend's face with a glass after a row, a court has heard.

Gemma Shields, a 19-year-old legal admin worker, denied attacking the victim but was convicted by a jury and on Monday was ordered to pay her £1,000 compensation.

She was also ordered to pay £800 towards the prosecution costs and made the subject of a two-year supervision order.

She has to carry out 150 hours unpaid work and stay indoors with an electronic tag between 8pm-7am for a month.

Liverpool Crown Court heard that Shields had been at the Coach and Horses pub in Moreton on the evening of October 30 last year with her boyfriend, Kirk Stewart.

Her "good" friend Jessica Offland was also there but when they were all outside in the smoking area Mr Stewart "made a rude and unnecessary comment" to Miss Offland, said Judge Graham Morrow, QC.

"You had the opportunity to pull him up but you chose not to do so. You and Miss Offland argued and you struck out at her.

"I am satisfied you did not intend to use the glass as a weapon. I am satisfied you did not realise it was in your hand," he said.

"A soldier who witnessed the incident was unable to say if the glass connected directly with her face or whether Shields let go of it and it travelled a short distance and hit Miss Offland.

The glass broke causing a two-centimetre laceration between her eyebrows, another smaller superficial cut and a chipped tooth.

Shields suffered cuts to the hand which had been holding the glass.

Gerald Jones, prosecuting, said that it was accepted that in drink Shields had struck out probably not appreciating she was holding a glass.

Shields, of Reeds Lane, Moreton, was convicted of wounding after the trial last month and the case was adjourned today to enable a pre-sentence report to be prepared.

Philip Astbury, defending, said that Shields, who claims it had been an accidental injury, still denies the offence.

She has no previous convictions and is being supported by her grand-parents, with whom she has lived since she was 13.

"She struck out foolishly on the spur of the moment. It was not premeditated and without the knowledge that she had a weapon in her hand," he added.

globe
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 10:36pm
once again booze is to blame...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 10:36pm
Well stone the crows, not only did you get off with GBH with intent but you also got away with a jail sentence.
Very lucky.
Now, if this was a bloke doing it to his pal simon for instance, there is no doubt he would of been remanded and sent to prison.
If i were you darlin i`d keep up your appearence and get your community service done, you mess them around and you will be straight in the slammer wink
Well done smile
What happened to capitail punishment!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 10:40pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
once again booze is to blame...

It usually is mate.

Originally Posted by Tombraider

laugh

i think thats a little harsh for the crime in question wink

Moreton's not a city.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 11:28pm

What happened to 'reading the article before you comment'.

Unless you did read the article, in which case you would have enjoyed soviet russia half a century ago.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 6th Sep 2011 11:31pm
Originally Posted by ex0__

What happened to 'reading the article before you comment'.

Unless you did read the article, in which case you would have enjoyed soviet russia half a century ago.

No big deal, anything else to say?

WAs it your pal with the ponytail that nearly got ran over today by the East float clock tower? lol.
WAs it your pal with the ponytail that nearly got ran over today by the East float clock tower?!!!!!!!!!! ........ LOL
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 7:47am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
WAs it your pal with the ponytail that nearly got ran over today by the East float clock tower? lol.

No one I know mate. I haven't been back to the clock tower since some prick knocked a hole in the bricked up part exposing the tower. Really screwed up that site and opened it to urban tourists.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 9:15am

No one I know mate. I haven't been back to the clock tower since some prick knocked a hole in the bricked up part exposing the tower. Really screwed up that site and opened it to urban tourists.

That holes been there since 2007 bud, check my YouTube vid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 9:34am

shh
Looks once again like the sentence does not fit the crime. This is an out and out section 18 wounding (GBH with intent in old money), this is further aggravated by the use of a weapon (albeit that the Judge discounted the fact, accepting that she 'didn't realise' she had a glass in her hand - yeah!). To exacerbate things further the arrogant sod pleads not guilty (would love to hear her defence!) She should have been locked up for at least 12 months. Violent, drink related crime is a blight on our society and needs to be dealt with accordingly with strongt sentencing......perhaps if she had looted the glass before smashing it into her 'friends' face she would now be doing time...
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 9:57am
That holes been there since 2007 bud, check my YouTube vid.

Was bricked up in 2008 and stayed bricked up till August this year. I know 'cause I was the first into that place in a long time and since then every other urbexer in the NW seems to have gone through it. The only access to the tower was incredibly difficult to find and get through until someone smashed the bricks out of that hole.
the woman mite of deseved it. but shud of use fists
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 11:58am
Liverpool Crown Court heard that Shields had been at the Coach and Horses Pub in Moreton on the evening of October 30 last year with her boyfriend, Kirk Stewart.

Her "good" friend Jessica Offland was also there but when they were all outside in the smoking area Mr Stewart "made a rude and unnecessary comment" to Miss Offland, said Judge Graham Morrow, QC.

"You had the opportunity to pull him up but you chose not to do so. You and Miss Offland argued and you struck out at her.

Originally Posted by Cananisius
the woman mite of deseved it. but shud of use fists

My bold. How can someone possibly deserve to be struck in the face with a glass!?! How can anyone possibly deserve to be hit with fists in that situation either!?! It went from someone making a comment, to an arguement to that. Madness!!

I can't believe I've just witnessed such a comment smack
i just fink she shud of used fists not glas
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 12:23pm
i just fink she shud of used fists not glas

How about not resorting to violence in the first place!?! And to think people like that are allowed to breed!
wot is rong wiv u.i just sayin wot i fink. if sumbody needs a kikin u sort it not run to pigs lik a babe.
that is were the travling community and us differ......
wot u meen john.
I mean that travelers like to "sort" things out between them and not get the police involved. Ive read King of the Gypsies, very good read
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 1:00pm
wot is rong wiv u.i just sayin wot i fink. if sumbody needs a kikin u sort it not run to pigs lik a babe.

10 spelling mistakes in a 26 word sentence and only 12 words over 4 letters long.

Did you ever attend an English class at school?
Originally Posted by davaw1

10 spelling mistakes in a 26 word sentence and only 12 words over 4 letters long.

Did you ever attend an English class at school?

I was gonna comment with 'I doubt you ever 'fink' anything' but yours was better grin
is the best way to sort it out uself and yes i cant spel but so wot i get bi is not a big deel
Bloody 'ell!
yes i cant spel but so wot i get bi is not a big deel

Whilst I think you lost the fight with your first couple of posts, allow me to offer some help with your future posts.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:09pm
If you've all quite finished insulting our new member get back on topic!
Never mind complaining and whining about spelling, you can all understand what it says.
At least they are staying on topic unlike you lot!

Welcome pal, take no notice of the ivegottoomuchtosayformyself crowd hi

Whilst i personally feel the justice system is all wrong.... a comment like that is exactly what is wrong with the world today!! People with thoughts and actions like this causing trouble!!
Originally Posted by ema_lou

Whilst i personally feel the justice system is all wrong.... a comment like that is exactly what is wrong with the world today!! People with thoughts and actions like this causing trouble!!
Its taking the law into your own hands!!
no its not involvin the law in the furst plase no need to wen they do nothin jus sort it uself its only a fiht
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:26pm
is the best way to sort it out uself and yes i cant spel but so wot i get bi is not a big deel

You make my entire face hurt. Are you 5?
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:30pm

There's nothing wrong with me at all. I just fail to see what resorting to violence in this case, or the majority of cases, solves. Unless you have been hit first, I don't think there is much of an excuse for violence. There are very few situations I can think of that would warrant someone "needing a kicking". I personally would go to the Police, that's what they are there for.

I won't get personal, but I think it's attitudes like you have posted that are turning this country into the pile of crap that it's becoming! My pride for my country is swiftly ebbing away because of it. It makes me sad.

As for the "pigs" comment - I really must bite my lip or I'll end up getting banned!!
was only sayin wot i wud do
how can yuo tel who is a man and who is a woman on here
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:45pm

You make my entire face hurt. Are you 5?

No, he's another fake account, trying to cause trouble.
Good question
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:51pm

I thought that was quite clear.
are u a man
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:55pm
Originally Posted by Nobody

I thought that was quite clear.

Al not being funny but you gotta stop the accusations towards new members, this is a bannable offence.
Cananisus, swearing is also a bannable offence, watch the language please.
OMG here we go again!
i never new yuo cud get baned
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 2:59pm
i never new yuo cud get baned

Well you wouldn't, as you've only been here a day.

Advertising is also not permitted, if you want to advertise your tarmac service, then PM Mark and ask his permission. I think you also need to pay to up your membership level.

I hope this addresses a couple of points raised by your previous posts.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 3:02pm
I think I'm being trolled by this guy. No one types that dumb.

Also these idle threats about people getting banned for swearing or accusations are pointless. Never gonna happen, why bother even making them?
Not just the typing but his profile is interests: fiting, occupation: fiter, nickname: nukle...doesn't sound real to me!
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Not just the typing but his profile is interests: fiting, occupation: fiter, nickname: nukle...doesn't sound real to me!
But your not allowed to say that!
i wil be hapy to meet anybode who wants to meet me wud be gud

doh
:x
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral woman is convicted of injuring friend - 7th Sep 2011 3:34pm
Opinionopinion

Notifynotify

Personal insults click the link.
grammargrammar

Is u from Staines ?
Originally Posted by JohnLeatherFix
I mean that travelers like to "sort" things out between them and not get the police involved. Ive read King of the Gypsies, very good read
Cananisius, Trust me, you ain`t no traveller. This person ? has got you all going off on one ,I think this person has been watching too many big brothers , There was a pretend person on here only last week having you all off . But he did come clean in the end
At last!! Well said Gypsyjune. The guy he is pretending to be is in the big brother house.
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
At last!! Well said Gypsyjune. The guy he is pretending to be is in the big brother house.
Paraniod baloon I called it (that person) because i have a feeling it may be a girl? messing around .
Or is it Spannerhead/McHappy/Wellhung on a 4th username?
who needs friends like that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral