Forums

SIX dedicated sites for gipsy and traveller communities could be built in Cheshire.

Cheshire West Council has come up with the plan to make sure it has the recommended quota of sites.

Officials hope that will mean the council’s rejection of unauthorised sites will no longer be overturned on appeal.

The proposed locations are in Rossfield Road, Ellesmere Port; Buildwas Road, Neston; Bumpers Lane, Chester; Oakwood Farm, Saughall; and two in Winsford.

They were shortlisted after consultant Ekosgen surveyed more than 1,300 potential sites across the borough.

Five would be residential facilities and one transit.

Sites would be managed by a registered provider and tenants would pay council tax and other bills.

Cllr Herbert Manley, executive member for regeneration, said: “These would be well-managed sites with little negative impact on their surroundings.

“They will be run with the aid of management groups, including representatives from the travelling community, police, businesses and council.”

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...e-unveiled-92534-29332687/#ixzz1WpfI00gx
they are not travellers, but they are irish tinkers, and the people of neston and the surrounding area,have had these dreadful groups before with their mess and crimminal activities,who are EKOSGEN? if you or anyone else would like to see what local opinion is on this subject go to.about my area ch64.
Originally Posted by parkgater
they are not travellers, but they are irish tinkers, and the people of neston and the surrounding area,have had these dreadful groups before with their mess and crimminal activities,who are EKOSGEN? if you or anyone else would like to see what local opinion is on this subject go to.about my area ch64.

"Economic development and regeneration consultancy"

You are welcome to them! Just keep them off the fields of lovely New Brighton!
Yeah, but think of all the new HIGH quality driveways that we will benefit from....You got to look on the positive side man!!
The sale of supa glue and nails will go thru the roof at least, cos if it aint glued or nailed down it will be gone!!
[quote=hoseman]Yeah, but think of all the new HIGH quality driveways that we will benefit from....You got to look on the positive side man!!

Not to forget the sales of diesel to keep the Tarmac soft (for ever!)
iknew who this agency was ,just wondered if anyone else did,have you had a look on our local website,if the tinkers arrive what a welcome they are going get.
I find it very difficult to understand why 'travellers' want sites with permanent sections. Surely if they have decided to settle down they should be seeking accommodation within the community they have chosen. It is clear they can afford to buy land and build on it so why would public land and facilities be provided.

Any public provided 'traveller' sites should be for those still travelling with limitations on length of stay.
Originally Posted by Tatey
[quote=hoseman]Yeah, but think of all the new HIGH quality driveways that we will benefit from....You got to look on the positive side man!!

Not to forget the sales of diesel to keep the Tarmac soft (for ever!)

They use paraffin i think....seen the price of diesel??
Thats so they can roll it out with a grass roller instead of a sit on Bomag Roller!!!!
And they can lay it ONTOP of your paving slabs or existing drive at only 2" thick........PROPPER JOB!!
Havent there been 'travellers' living somewhere round Ellesmere port for years anyway?. Several of the girls used to regularly come in to the not so classy wine bar myself and a friend used to dj in, in the late 90s. More recently I was working on an office building in Ellesmere port and they would bold as brass drive into the car park every day looking for anything thats not bolted down which would no longer be there when we arrived in the morning. Some of the younger ones would rag it up and down the road next to the site on quad bikes regularly, scowling at everyone. Some obviously no where near old enough to drive a motorised vehicle on a public road.

I do not want so called travellers like this in my neighbourhood.
"travellers=tinkers"
Thats nice for a change, they are human beings, and its nice that their needs are being met for a change, how are these people aver going to intergrate into society, if people are against them all the time, you can,t have it both ways.
Update in today's Liverpool Daily Post:

by Liza Williams, Liverpool Daily PostSep 8 2011inShare.0 ShareTHE development of six sites for gipsy and traveller communities was pushed through to the next phase last night.

At a Chester and Cheshire West executive board meeting – attended by around 300 residents – councillors decided to seek planning permission for the sites.

A full public consultation would begin into the controversial plan, they added. The authority’s planning board will now have the final say.

The sites are Rossfield Road, Ellesmere Port; Buildwas Road, Neston; Bumpers Lane, Chester; Oakwood Farm, Saughall; and two in Winsford. The council has come up with the plan to make sure it has the recommended quota of sites. Officials hope that will mean the council’s rejection of unauthorised sites will no longer be overturned on appeal. However, some residents are unhappy.

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...ning-board-92534-29384860/#ixzz1XMBLRUxw
For any Ellesmere port residents / businesses interested, there is a site set up with more information about the current opposition to the proposed Rossmore Road site.

Please visit here:
http://epcampprotest.proboards.com/index.cgi
Originally Posted by RemainAllHoof
Yay for June.
Alex i am not a gypsy dear it`s just a name
offtopic
Surely it's on topic if he thought she was a gypsy. More on topic than your single emoticon post, anyway. Just sayin.
lmao laugh
Originally Posted by ex0__
Surely it's on topic if he thought she was a gypsy. More on topic than your single emoticon post, anyway. Just sayin.

My single emotion post was more informative, and relevant than your reply. Just sayin'
I think travellers are finding that they are no longer "free to roam" in the UK and having bases in the South means they can travel on into Europe. Bases in the North West would suit as it gives access back to their real bases in Eire.

If the travelling population keeps on growing what happens then? Perhaps a real school education will make a difference.

Does anyone know what ordinary hard working Irish people think of them?
Recently gypsies have been in the news in Australia. Doing driveways, lopping trees, ripping off the aged pensioners etc. and making themselves very unpopular here as well as in the U.K. Many local papers have been warning the general public to be alert to their rip-offs.
They're going to pay council tax????? Good luck with that one.

raftl
Why do they need permanent sites if they travel? As much as I want to be ignorant about it all, I don't understand that.
Originally Posted by DavidB
Why do they need permanent sites if they travel? As much as I want to be ignorant about it all, I don't understand that.

A permanent site for travellers to use, not stay.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Gypsy Site Plans Unveiled -Neston/Ellesmere Port - 15th Dec 2011 10:01am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

A permanent site for travellers to use, not stay.

But how will you regulate the time they "stay"?

Just think of a locust swarm, they move onto a place, suck it dry of everything they want and then move on.
yes
They already have asite on heath road Ledsham next to the brook meadow hotel,lots of houses now up for sale along the welsh road, and another small site in the grounds of a house near Costco Ellesmere port.
[quote=paxvobiscum]Update today's Radio Merseyside:

Has been announced, due to the proposed travellers site, that some Companies are pulling out of the Industrial Estate in Neston.
One is moving all operations to it's site down south and so ninety jobs will be lost in Neston
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

Has been announced, due to the proposed travellers site, that some Companies are pulling out of the Industrial Estate in Neston.
One is moving all operations to it's site down south and so ninety jobs will be lost in Neston

Hmm...sounds a bit odd, as plans for the Neston site were dropped in November - Wirral Globe report - unless that decision has been overturned, and I can find no reports anywhere saying it has
Thanks Cobby. I cannot find anything either in print so will have to wait further official updates.
When I lived in Suffolk, a group of travelling gypsies arrived and plonked themselves where they chose. Only a small town and the locals tried to make them welcome, particularly the children in the primary schools. All I can say is just watch what your children take into school and make sure they bring it all home at the end of the day too !
It's so sad, they could be accepted so much more if they could blend in. As one person said, I don't understand why if they are travellers do they have permanent sites given to them.? I wonder if they will be paying council tax? It would seem we are all changing rolls. Those of us who may rent properties quite often have a short term contract and have to up sticks and move to somewhere else, which is all very stressful and hence the children have no continuity and nowhere to call home. Maybe we should all try this gypsy game,it might be more satisfactory!
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

Think that was the Rossmore Estate your thinking about, plans still in motion and local companies threatening to move, inc the one with 90 staff. My company depot is next junction up!Ellesmere port doesnt need any more travellers, theres a site on Oilsites Rd already, just past the boat museum!! The Port has been tarmaced to death, looking like a fooking runway soon!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gypsy Site Plans Unveiled -Neston/Ellesmere Port - 4th Jan 2012 8:17am
I don't see the problem of E'Port being "tarmaced to death" is an issue really. The Pikey Surfacing Co. lays tarmac to their standard depth of 0.0005" and the material is thinned down to make it look "plant fresh" with stolen red diesel/heating fuel. It will turn to sticky black gravel before their untaxed/uninsured/unMOT'd stolen Tranny vans are out of sight!

The famous "Five Minute Guarantee" applies! (If you can catch 'em)
10 yard to the gate guarantee more like it!!!
Ive seen it thinned out so much with kerosene that they rolled it out flat with a GRASS ROLLER!!! true!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral