Forums
Posted By: johncon war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 5:59pm
Saw on the news this morning that the war memorial in Willaston has been vandalised ie the brass plaques stolen pressumably for scrap !!!!!!!! does anyone know any more about this some one at work said they thought a person had been arrested I hope so ! The lowlife ... !!!!!
mad
Posted By: poodlepup Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 6:36pm
Hope they have got someone,scumbags!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 6:40pm
I saw it too, terrible.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 6:46pm
At the risk of repeating myself (several times)...... If they catch these lower-order germ cultures, then they should be sent off for medical experiments. It might save a few innocent animals from suffering horrendous pain !

Somebody should have smashed the test tube they were "made" in !!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 6:50pm
Some people are .... Don't waste too much of your time trying to understand them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 6:57pm
It would be of more use to try and understand the dog turd I've just trodden on. A dog turd is "natural" and usually goes away after a few days. These wee sh*tes don't unfortunately.

Mmmmm... I "think" I know what I mean (?)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 7:10pm
Unless they were robbed for a profit and not just kids being tw%ts?
Posted By: johncon Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 7:16pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Unless they were robbed for a profit and not just kids being tw%ts?

I was told a 31 year old had been arrested and these were big plaques so probably not just kids
Posted By: poodlepup Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 7:26pm
Should send them out on the frontline!
Posted By: cameraman Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 7:57pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
Should send them out on the frontline!

To be used by the lads as target practice
Posted By: poodlepup Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 8:00pm
yep! or to find IED's
Posted By: Clive Re: war memorial - 2nd Aug 2011 8:05pm
Villagers have been shocked by vandalism and theft at the church memorial to their war dead.

Two large metal plaques have been stolen and the stonework damaged at the memorial in south Wirral.

The incident has caused distress to householders in Willaston, where the prominent monument to the local dead of two World Wars stands on raised ground in the churchyard of Christ Church on Neston Road.

It is believed the plaques were wrenched away from the masonry on Friday night.

Police are investigating the theft and the damaged caused.

Christ Church Vicar, the Revd Raymond Dent, who is also a padre for the Lancashire Army Cadet Force, said: “I am absolutely disgusted that anyone could show such irreverence and lack of respect for those who gave their lives so that this country could be free.

"This is a sin against humanity.”

Churchwarden Vivien Ley added: “The people of Willaston are shocked and incredulous that anyone could be capable of showing such contempt for their fellow man.”

The monument is the focal point for the community’s annual Service of Remembrance, attended by the young and old of Willaston.

It is well cared for and decorated with flowerbeds stocked by a local nursery.

After the theft, chipped masonry was left around the base of the monument and its flat surfaces were scarred.

Vicar and parish officials are appealing for any information about the theft and vandalism to be reported to police.

PC Mike Lockett, from Cheshire Police said: “Thieves intent on stealing metal are aware that we are actively patrolling and protecting aged buildings that are traditionally the ‘targets' for metal theft thieves.

"To now steal a plaque that commemorates the death of those who put their lives on the line for our country is abhorrent.

"The cash value of the metal is minimal but the sentimental value is profound.

"We are keen to speak to anyone who may have knowledge of the whereabouts of this plaque, or anyone who may have been offered it for sale or trade, to contact Police."

Source

Attached picture Vandalised_memorial_jpg_display.jpg
Posted By: bigcat49 Re: war memorial - 3rd Aug 2011 8:28am
Does anyone know if this is same scenario as Thurstaston country park. A plaque was missing and memorial had been wrecked near the picnic area.All taped off.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: war memorial - 3rd Aug 2011 3:37pm
this story has made the Daily Star, page 19 only a small snippet, CATCH THE ..., if they have been taken for scrap, up yours to the scrap yards that buy them
Posted By: johncon Re: war memorial - 3rd Aug 2011 4:28pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
this story has made the Daily Star, page 19 only a small snippet, CATCH THE ..., if they have been taken for scrap, up yours to the scrap yards that buy them

exactly the scrap yard that accepts them is just as bad as the ... that stole them
mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral