Forums
Posted By: history Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 27th Jul 2011 6:40pm
Been told and then rang Arrowe Park and now can confirm that certain wards are closed due to an infection/outbreak(?) of NOVO VIRUS. It will be reviewed on Monday for visiting.
Please ring and check before visiting. 678 5111
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 27th Jul 2011 8:33pm
Another outbreak? That is a scandal, where else in the country does this happen with such regularity?
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 27th Jul 2011 8:40pm
Hello History ,I have just been to arrow for camera down throat been there since 6 o`clock no one mentioned any thing to me it must be on a certain ward eh mind you the car park did look empty so maybe it`s true i hope i have`nt come out with more than i went in with oh well june
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 27th Jul 2011 8:44pm
Originally Posted by history
Been told and then rang Arrowe Park and now can confirm that certain wards are closed due to an infection/outbreak(?) of NOVO VIRUS. It will be reviewed on Monday for visiting.
Please ring and check before visiting. 678 5111

just spoke to my aunty, and my uncle went in yesterday, she cant go up until Monday to see him WHAT A JOKE, come on the NHS
Posted By: little_pob Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 8:11am
As is the case with this one, these outbreaks generally start in the community. It's easy to blame staff for bringing infections into the hospital but patients and visitors are just as likely sources.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 8:14am
Visitors are generally the main passers - on. There are more of them, and they are normally less cautious than staff.

...last time this happened, didnt they close the Hospital to visitors for a time?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 8:18am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Another outbreak? That is a scandal, where else in the country does this happen with such regularity?
I'm sure APH is not the only hospital with regular outbreaks such as this. Its probably down to the fact that when they strip beds, they don't use hot water, bleach, soap. They use what look like over-sized baby wipes to wipe the surfaces. Even then, they haven't always checked under the bed for waste - e.g. tissues, paper towels, discarded rubber gloves. I have witnessed this and other horrible infection control no-no's. Like dried blood on the tubes and finger clamp of a blood ox/pulse monitor...

Bring back carbolic soap!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 8:27am
eek
Norovirus
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 8:30am
I caught it when I was 20 weeks pregnant with my daughter - nightmare - I had contractions because of all the vomitting sick Very frightening time.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Arrowe park Hospital ...(wards closed) - 28th Jul 2011 2:30pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9164989.Norovirus_causes_visiting_ban_at_Arrowe_Park_Hospital/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral