Forums
Posted By: delta6 Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 10:21am
apparently someone has jumped/fell in front of a train this morning between meols and moreton. friend of mine is on the train and cant go anywhere.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 10:29am
link here http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ces_suspended_after_person_hit_by_train/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 10:31am
2nd this week!?
Posted By: rocks Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 11:20am
oh god and things come in threes!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 11:30am
The voice of doom has spoken.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 11:35am
Im afraid the chap died at the scene. Updated on the Globe site.

Rip man
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 11:39am
RIP.

Tragic waste of life, how hard can it be to spot a train and not get yourself in front of it?

If it's a suicide then a very, very selfish way of doing it.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 12:07pm
update http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9117197.UPDATE__Man_dies_after_being_hit_by_a_train_in_Wirral/ R.I.P!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 12:18pm
Oh dear. I presume it happened at the crossing. I cross there most nights on my jog. You can see litterally a mile or more in either direction. Again, sucide or very very foolish.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 12:24pm
Getting all too common now.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 1:39pm
the globe says they are bothe the 5:51 west kirby to liverpool services how starnge ?
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 2:33pm
I agree with nobody, whilst i feel for the family, and a deep sorrow that someone reached a point in their life where they felt it was all that was left to do, It is incredibly selfish and i feel for the drivers, they have to live with this for the rest of their lives,
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 5:28pm
I don't think people who get to the stage of taking their own life are thinking rationally about the train driver and the aftermath of their actions. They are looking at life from a very different angle to the rest of us. They just see way out of the hell they are living with and go and do it.
I bet the passengers who get the 5:51 is getting fed up.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 1st Jul 2011 7:18pm
We need a CCTV camera there smile
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 2nd Jul 2011 5:09am
The times for both trains are wrong,1st accident was 6:21 train from west kirby,2nd would have been 9:51 from west kirby,people who use these crossings can see if a train is comming and horn is used at times, but as hoylake is a built up area drivers have to be careful so as not to disturb people who live close to track
Posted By: Historybook Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 2nd Jul 2011 9:55am
All very sad, a friend of mine spent most of his life as a train driver (retired last year). he worked main line on the east coast.
From what he has told me it would seem that "jumpers" happen all to often, some drivers just shrug their sholders and carry on driving but others never get into a train cab again !.
I think my friend has had two "jumpers" over the years but some drivers have had over a dozen during their time on the railway !.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 2nd Jul 2011 10:00am
According to my mums freind that was on the train, it happened at 10am and they where stauck for 90 minutes.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 2nd Jul 2011 12:12pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
According to my mums freind that was on the train, it happened at 10am and they where stauck for 90 minutes.

I would of just got out and walked, if someone wants to take their own life fair enough but don`t mess other peoples lives up doing it

I mean, imagine you had just got a new job, your 1st day in and your late...

Sorry boss, someone jumped in front of my train, come-on! confused
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 10:41am
Originally Posted by rocks
oh god and things come in threes!!

Looks like they do. omg
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 11:24am
What are we teaching people today? When I was four we used to play on the line of the steam run Seacombe Flyer on Bidston Moss. It was very much fun and I used to own many squashed pennies resulting from the train passing over. However, even at that age, we had the sense not to go near the electrified lines.
Not long ago I was on Moreton Station waiting for a train, it was raining and the ground was wet as were the tracks. Three lads of about twelve walked onto the platform from the Cadburys side. They proceeded to the end of the platform onto the railway line where the stepped over the running rails. On reaching the second rail they each stood on it, then jumped over the live rail onto the ballast. Then from the ballast over the second live rail to land on the next running rail. I was horrified and expected instant death to one of them at any time. The lads then climbed the ramp and strolled off back onto the road. So they did all this just to avoid walking over the bridge!It's a society that inculcates so many people to believe that they will be looked after, however silly they are, that leads to incidents like this.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 1:33pm
The trouble is that a lot of youngsters today think they are immortal. If they did physics at school they would learn that electricity is dangerous but it's ultimately down to the parents to knock some common dog into them. It's still a 'orrible way to go though.
Posted By: starakita Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 1:35pm
we were at Rock Ferry station last year& some girls were on the platform,one girl dropped her mobile beside the track. one of her mates went to get someone but she jumped down to get the phone herself, she got back up just before the train came into the station.If she'd waited the ticket fella would of got it for her.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 8:48pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
RIP.

Tragic waste of life, how hard can it be to spot a train and not get yourself in front of it?

Dont think you have a right to say that as you werent in that persons shoes!
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Train Jumper/Faller - 4th Jul 2011 9:16pm
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Originally Posted by Nobody
RIP.

Dont think you have a right to say that as you werent in that persons shoes!

It's sad when anyone takes their own life. You must have to be in a really desperate place to do that. However, there is a large element of selfishness involved in standing in front of train. A total lack of consideration for the driver. My dad's a driver and has, luckily, never had a hit. But one of his colleagues has had 3! Some drivers never recover.
Of the two accidents that happened near Hoylake last, one of the jumpers was spread over the line. Not a nice sight. The other, although not killed right away, was in a bad way and the poor guard had to stay with her as she died. The victims aren't only the jumpers but also the drivers, guards and emergency services who have to deal with it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral