Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 4:42pm
Hey guys just seen the guy running with the torch down the A41. I must admit I never thought id ever see the torch! Once in a lifetime jobby smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 4:49pm
Good spot! No pics?
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 4:53pm
He was too fast lol! Heading towards chester. I can always say "ive seen the torch" smile Other people must have seen him! Lets hope we get pics.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 5:24pm
I don't understand - the BBC website says it doesn't start until May 2012. Are they having a practise or something????
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13426353
Posted By: Anybodythere Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 6:06pm
Its next year, 2012, when the Olympic torch is taken round the country
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 6:11pm
Must be practicing
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 23rd Jun 2011 6:40pm
it's not going to be one person running with it, few coppers running as well for 'security'
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 24th Jun 2011 7:37am
Well I didnt hallucinate! Why do you think it was lit then?? I feel gutted that I didnt see the "real deal"
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 24th Jun 2011 7:40am
The local (Liverpool)guy who was doing 40 marathons in 40 days is finishing today - i wonder if it was him???
He didn't have a torch when I saw him but he did have a stick with a flag on attached to his back pack
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Olympic Torch spotted Wirral - 24th Jun 2011 7:42am
Yea...... Just seen on the liverpool echo website that it was a practice run. frown It was Bernie Heywood 52 from brombrough. Cant copy links but its on the echo web site.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral