Forums
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 5:43pm
police are everywhere in our road at the mo just finding out whats going on peeps something to do with guns/drugs oshocked
just gone in with strimmers and metal detectors and spades oshocked
anyone know anymore?

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:16pm
I'll find out from Bimbo, he knows everything!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:18pm
one way to get your garden turned over
Posted By: Maisie Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:27pm
Not heard anything,and I only live in the next road. Can't go and have a look...the kids are in bed now!!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:32pm
Originally Posted by Maisie
Not heard anything,and I only live in the next road. Can't go and have a look...the kids are in bed now!!

police all gone now so streets very quiet! smile
Posted By: Maisie Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:34pm
Oh well nevermind, I always miss the exciting stuff!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:52pm
Me too!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 6:53pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
police are everywhere in our road at the mo just finding out whats going on peeps something to do with guns/drugs oshocked
just gone in with strimmers

They were just cutting the gardens, obviously.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 7:54pm
well they have had ther wages cut like everyone else, so a spot of gardening, keeps them ticking over lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hoblyn road police - 27th May 2011 9:42pm
Originally Posted by sarahdavo
wages cut like everyone else]

Mine doubled, so let's not spread vicious rumours. wink
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Hoblyn road police - 28th May 2011 7:20pm
UPDATE PEEPS

2 bags of drugs and a gun found in a dead space at the back of the houses!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hoblyn road police - 28th May 2011 7:32pm
Flaming Norah!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Hoblyn road police - 28th May 2011 8:23pm
OOOH!
Posted By: Handbag Re: Hoblyn road police - 29th May 2011 3:35pm
Somehow it doesnt surprise me frown I lived in Hoblyn Road as a teenager... always was a rough area even then, my first house of my own was in Harding Avenue in the early 1990's. It was bad then, I had a peeping Tom live next door to me and next door but one was the resident 'lady of the night'

I remember the reaction when there was trouble in the street, everyone would rush indoors and close their curtains so that they wouldnt see what was going on so that if the Police called they hadnt seen anything and couldnt be accused of being 'a grass' ... there were stabbings and assaults there even back then and it doesnt look to have improved any...
Posted By: rocks Re: Hoblyn road police - 29th May 2011 3:55pm
have to disagree i spent 8yrs (best of my life) in goodwin av late 80s early 90s
any trouble in our street you were right on the gate getting invovled! it was better than the tv ha
one day we had guy waving a gun i still went out to see if he was going to shoot anyone!
even the smackheads look after you in them days! never robbed on their doorstep!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Hoblyn road police - 29th May 2011 4:47pm
there are bad people in every street our street is normally ok the area gets a bad reputation from people when it doesnt need too ,areas can change our neighbours are great and their is usually no trouble everyone tries to get on with everyone else,so unless you live round here you would not know how its changed smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hoblyn road police - 29th May 2011 4:51pm
sigh, if its not Seacombe getting it in the neck, its the North End
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hoblyn road police - 29th May 2011 5:35pm
Originally Posted by rocks
any trouble in our street you were right on the gate getting invovled! it was better than the tv ha
one day we had guy waving a gun i still went out to see if he was going to shoot anyone!

Im not sure if that is your idea of a good/nice place to live, but for me personally, that interpretation is far from it!
Posted By: Handbag Re: Hoblyn road police - 30th May 2011 8:59am
There were some really lovely people who lived in both Hoblyn Road and Harding Avuenue... unfortunately there were plenty of rotten apples. The problem down there was that most people felt too intimidated to deal with the yobs there particularly if you were 'an outsider' and hadn't grown up in the area... If you moved in down there and your family was well known there wasnt a problem..
Posted By: rocks Re: Hoblyn road police - 30th May 2011 9:36am
i must of touched lucky getting on with people coz i was an outsider and came from a very good background and i was very well looked after in the northend which is why im very protective when people start slagging it off, as TC said i doesnt matter where you live these days theres always bad people
Posted By: rocks Re: Hoblyn road police - 30th May 2011 9:44am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by rocks

Im not sure if that is your idea of a good/nice place to live, but for me personally, that interpretation is far from it!

matt you live at the end of my rd mate a bloke was shot in the head a couple of years ago and all the smackheads hang out of your block getting the drugs off the taxi men or maybe your at the back and dont get to see it. R/F baaaad place but its our bad place!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Hoblyn road police - 30th May 2011 11:09am
full story here https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...g_drugs_bust_in_the_area.html#Post525894
© Wirral-Wikiwirral