Forums
Posted By: kittykat Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 23rd May 2011 10:24am
UK Border Agency staged a raid on Mr Chows and Parkgate Chipshop last Thursday (Both owned by the same people). I work in the area and it was quite something to watch. There were 2 vans and umpteen unmarked police cars that all hid in the pub carpark until the raid. Not sure if what they had on was standard uniform but they looked prepared for a fight!!!
Posted By: A_L_K Re: Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 23rd May 2011 10:53am
Always knew something fishy was going on in Mr Chows!
If only they'd put as much effort going after the hooligans
Originally Posted by pablo42
If only they'd put as much effort going after the hooligans

Not really Border Agencies job, the police are there to prevent a breach of the peace and will ALWAYS be in uniform (or protective clothing, depending on the place).
If there were plain clothed there then they were either Border Agency staff or CID were there for "other" reasons.
Still prefer they were chasing real villains
Well they did put too much salt on the chips, maybe they pissed the wrong people off?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 25th May 2011 11:08am
Mr Chows is one of my favourite Chinese restaurants! I hope they don't deport the chef!!!
Strange, was considering going to Mr Chows on Saturday. I wonder if any illegals were found?
IMHO there is a big difference between "Mr Chows been raided" & "Illegal immigrants / goings on found at Mr Chows".
Just because he was raided doesn't really mean anything does it????
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 25th May 2011 12:13pm
Yeah you tell em softy. Lol.
I suppose the cops had to put protective gear on in case they got battered.
.... or maybe they thought they may get a "saw finger"
Love Parkgate chippy too, it is the little one on the front I'm thinking of???
Just going for some super fish and chips that they sell there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 28th Apr 2012 8:29pm
Originally Posted by mostynwilliams
Just going for some super fish and chips that they sell there.

so do you own the chippy then lol as its the second post ive seen were your blowing its trumpet so to say lol ?????

the chippy on parkgate gained its noteriety from the previous owner inc many awards ...
although it isnt a patch on what it used to be many moons ago lol ..

and lol @ the busy,s raiding parkgate shops lmao .. can just picture all the toffs enjoying an ice cream agog at the drama hahahahah

and also as side note i agree with what was said by someone else before me , do the police have nothing better to do with public taxpayers money then ???
seems silly just for a chippy and resteraunt
what do you mean nothing better to do .....they are investigating a crime... a crime is a crime and they all need addressing
would you have something to say if we were overrun with illegal immigrants... prob yes
Originally Posted by pablo42
Still prefer they were chasing real villains

They are. They're chasing the people at the very root of the problems we are experiencing today...

Illegal immigrants are (allegedly and for the purposes of this post, although not confirmed) being employed. Who would be employed if they weren't?

Yep, you guessed it, some of the unemployed people our fine country.

If they had jobs, they'd have money, they'd contribute and they wouldn't need to beg, borrow and steal.

I think they're doing a great job.
Well done to both the police and border agency,and anyone else who is employed to control entry of illegals.
Innit, if there were a load of Pakistani/Indian illegals in there, people would be rioting!
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
Innit, if there were a load of Pakistani/Indian illegals in there, people would be rioting!
i bet it was all mr and mrs patel, cousins sons auntys etc
Originally Posted by WallaseyHead
Illegal immigrants are (allegedly and for the purposes of this post, although not confirmed) being employed. Who would be employed if they weren't?

If the 'unemployed people of our fine country' were willing to work hard for their cash they'd probably get more jobs.
Originally Posted by ex0__

If the 'unemployed people of our fine country' were willing to work hard for their cash they'd probably get more jobs.

And what jobs would these be? There aren't enough jobs to go around at the moment and the situation is deteriorating by the day.

Agree.

Originally Posted by Touchstone

And what jobs would these be? There aren't enough jobs to go around at the moment and the situation is deteriorating by the day.

Not helped by illegals... which I think is the point you are getting at?
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I suppose the cops had to put protective gear on in case they got battered.
doh help
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Border Agency raid on Mr Chows & Parkgate Chippy - 3rd May 2012 3:47pm
amazes me why more isnt done at the borders to stop the influx of immigrants , instead they would rather turn blind eye and let them settle first in uk ..
were they then give them asylum and benefits much to my and many ppls disgust ..

and to top it all off they then raid establishments at further cost to uk taxpayers to catch these people and look good hahaha

cant even make it up really
funny really but at the same time shocking really
Loads are sneeking in when the olympics happen!
Happened on seaview road too on the Greek taverna lol was funny to watch because there was people in there tease
Originally Posted by Touchstone

Not helped by illegals... which I think is the point you are getting at?

Not helped by illegals, that's certainly true. But Ex0 is talking out of his posterior if he thinks being Brits being lazy is the only reason unemployment is so high.
The Chippy won the Liverpool echo best chippy award about 15 years ago. Its better now in my opinion.
Does the lady who worked in the oriental in Prenton for years still work in the Parkgate chippy? the oriental was spot on before it got taken over and become the new oriental.
what a waste, border agency arrest illegal workers, who make sure they dont have passport available, then they are released on bail never to be seen again, some move on to other food outlets and car washes etc. whats the point,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral