Forums
Posted By: ASE71 Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:28pm
Just been told by my Son that "The Taj mahal" is well alight on King street...... Any one get a pic or is near there???
Posted By: Wench Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:31pm
I've just been told about this too. They've closed King Street I'm told.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:37pm
just been there, its the flat above the restaurant, police and fire there closed road off, i was told it was a explosion
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:40pm
Originally Posted by willo
just been there, its the flat above the restaurant, police and fire there closed road off, i was told it was a explosion

Don't sound good, anyone local who can get some photos? Yep, im a nosey sod lol. But wiki is lightyears ahead of the proper news agencies when it comes to breaking news lol.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:41pm
i can get pics but every pic i up load just shows up black
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 5:43pm
Gutted, cheers anyway, tis the thought that counts lol smile
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 6:30pm
the traffic is getting routed well away , but from Church St , you can see that the premises above , they are completely gutted . I really hope no one was in at the time because you would fear for their safety if you saw the state of the place.
Posted By: nicky Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 6:57pm
Someone had been smoking in the flat upstairs, didnt put it out properly and it caught fire.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 9:18pm
My nephew has just walked past and said the flat is charcoaled, its a right mess.

asked him if he had taken a pic on his phone by any chance, but he said he didnt as it could have been insensitive if somebody had died.
Posted By: nicky Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 9:32pm
Wanted to get a pic myself but the road was blocked so there was too many cars being diverted and couldnt really stop. Dont think anyone has died tho as far as i know.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 9:51pm
I was about and saw it - road totally closed but cba getting any pics.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 10:45pm
i live down the road but my cameras memory card is broke and phone is incapable of photos in anything other than bright daylight
Posted By: bushnut Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 10:49pm
Originally Posted by nicky
Someone had been smoking in the flat upstairs, didnt put it out properly and it caught fire.

This is why the reporting of news should be left to the professionals. I know they (the media) are not perfect, but for a member of the public, who has possibly heard something fourth hand, to then publish it without it being backed up by ANY FACTS is dangerous at the very least.

This is not a personal dig at anyone in particular - I am just voicing my opinion.
Posted By: nicky Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 26th Apr 2011 11:37pm
I know someone who works there and that is what i was told.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 27th Apr 2011 7:40am
Originally Posted by bushnut
Originally Posted by nicky

This is why the reporting of news should be left to the professionals. I know they (the media) are not perfect, but for a member of the public, who has possibly heard something fourth hand, to then publish it without it being backed up by ANY FACTS is dangerous at the very least.

This is not a personal dig at anyone in particular - I am just voicing my opinion.

It's simple you know, leave the comments to peeps that are grateful for are reports, and you go and buy the sun or somthink.. smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 27th Apr 2011 7:48am
Originally Posted by _jase_

It's simple you know leave the comments to peeps that are grateful for are reports, and you go and buy the sun or somthink.. smile

Sorry Jase, I agree with Bushnut. I thought Wiki didn't agree with posting gossip on the news page?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 27th Apr 2011 7:54am
As it has been said many, many times before we are on street level were we get the news and photos well before any news paper so we leve it for a few days for it to come out in the news, if it don't then we remove it or edit it smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 27th Apr 2011 9:34am
Half the time, the media take their stories from rumours grown in someone's head, Chinese whispers, or even just plain fiction thought up by the article writer; it's certainly not unknown for a bystander to over-hear or be told directly, the story as to what happened and how it happened, and that it actually turns out to be true. Sometimes, the people on the ground know more than the police or the general media (take the Rhys Jones murderers for instance, people knew who they were, it had filtered through the local community before the plod had got to the lowlife ...-bags - and I'm not suggesting that names should have been posted in that instance as it could have led to unfounded revenge attacks etc, I'm merely using it as an example for the locals sometimes knowing more than the official channels).

Whilst there has to be a level of sensitivity applied, this has to be kept in context, and the internet (and wiki) are a place for open discussion, opinions and to a degree, a rumour-mill - without this, wiki would struggle to survive.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Taj mahal, King street On Fire - 27th Apr 2011 12:18pm

Firefighters tackle blaze above Indian restaurant in Wallasey

FIREFIGHTERS fought a blaze above an Indian restaurant.

Crews from Birkenhead and Wallasey were called to the scene of a fire in King Street, Wallasey, just after 6pm yesterday.

The fire began in a first-floor flat above the Tandoori Mahal restaurant.

Three crews managed to extinguish it before it spread through the building.

Firefighters remained at the scene last night as building inspectors were called in to see what could be salvaged.

King Street remained closed between Union Street and Tobin Street late into the evening

THE WIRRAL NEWS
© Wirral-Wikiwirral