Forums
Posted By: Katryn Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:13pm
Armed response police outside Lidl just been told. Helicopter been hovering over here for the past 10/15 minutes concentrating on the area around Old Chester Road and Union Street.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:25pm
well it went away and now it's back!
Posted By: rocks Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:28pm
it'l be the same heli that woke me up at 4.30am this morn so must of been checking something out maybe for tonight, you watch it'll be back when were asleep!!!
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:29pm
Give it a day or so then check this page to see what it was up to.....

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3791
Posted By: Katryn Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:51pm
was told by a neighbour who was near bye when it happened armed response and other police were there dont know what's gone on. dunno
Posted By: Schuu Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 7:57pm
Been told by my cousin who lives on Grove Road that it was someone with a knife.

Not heard anything official however so that could be false info.

I'm on Beddy Ave, that noisy helly woke me up this morning too!
Posted By: v1x3n Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 8:48pm
the cops picked up a kid in a grey hoodie outside the co-op, on the old chester road, couple a cop cars an ARV where there, the helicopter then went up over the top end of the park, before heading back toward the train track
Posted By: chris123 Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:00pm
Someones put on facebook that someones running round viccy park with a gun and hand grenade dunno if true or not anyone confirm?
Posted By: starakita Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:04pm
I live by there but Im not going in there at this time of night
Posted By: starakita Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:11pm
no its all quiet here cant hear the helicopter
Posted By: Katryn Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:12pm
are you kidding? we suffer with youths causing bother near ours my eldest son cant even go out for fear of getting hit by this gang leader informed police police speak to the gang leader he carries on like he is above the law. He is under 16 and police say there's only so much they can do. Lived round here since July having moved from near Birkenhead Park which was hell for the 3 years and a bit till we moved. So yeah were we are youths go round throwing eggs at windows, rip of the fence posts, jump over your back garden wall to cut through houses at the back etc
Also spoke to housing officer for round here who says report these incidents aswell because if its their residents action can be taken, but recently the housing officer said there hands are tied as they want to take proper action but other agencies step in and say let us get involved first and if they dont get anywere then nothing is done. Oh and the famous human rights speech gets thrown into the conversation aswell.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:15pm
you have a better description of this kid in grey hoody?
Posted By: Fordyal Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:15pm
'Aparntly' Its A Lad Called Dava With A Gun smirk
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 9:24pm
i just heard that there is/was a lad running around mersey park brandishing a gun,the helicopter was overhead about an hour ago but seems to of gone now.have not heard any sirens from police cars or the like.,also just heard that there is a guy running around by the co-op on church road with a knife,think its a lot of chinese whispers myself,live two minutes from co-op and have not heard a single police car.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 11th Apr 2011 10:38pm
Yeah i didnt hear any sirens either just helicopter maybe no sirens so as to catch offender red handed.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 12th Apr 2011 8:33am
Right, there was plod cars, one traffic BMW, an Astra and a Range Rover. The two cars flew in at some speed from Bebington direction and screeched to a halt, almost handbraking as they stopped, to cut off Old Chester Road just outside Gladstone Medical Centre.

The Range Rover also came in very fast from the tunnel direction almost in sync with the cars, and stopped across Old Chester Road just outside the Co-Op, to block the road off. The plod were not in a rush to apprehend the offender, they were sort of standing behind their doors, as if they were an ARU, though I cannot say for one second that they were.

Anyway, after a few minutes, the Rangey moved across towards the other two cars, with the door swinging open, and then all the officers moved in for the kill and appeared to apprehend the offender. A large crowd gathered as did a tonne of cars as the plod had cut the road off with their cars. After about 10 minutes, they all just drove off, and the helicopter disappeared, never to be seen again.

I have no information about the actual offence, but thats what happened at least. Shame, 10 minutes earlier and id have been in the middle of it all haha!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 12th Apr 2011 8:42am
Just spoke to a colleague, whose husband work in the plod over the water, and she already knew about it, she said it was a lad with a shotgun according to her husband.

No knife involved, just a shotgun. I guess they may have been ARU after all??
Posted By: Danny0961 Re: Helicopter above my house Rock Ferry ! - 12th Apr 2011 10:36am
I dont see where people get these weapons from. I watched a video on you-tube about gangs in Liverpool and they had some high spec military issue weapons and ammuntion I think its awful and i think they should all be hunted down and locked up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral