Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 4:58pm
Find out if YOUR street is having a royal wedding party - full list

WIRRAL people hoping to celebrate the royal wedding with a street party will be told today if their application for road closures have been given the thumbs up.

A full list of approved requests has been drawn up by Wirral Council with a total of 38 being approved.

Party organisers were encouraged to plan their own festivities after council officers waived the usual £150 fee to close roads.

And Wirral leads the way in celebrating Prince William and Kate Middleton’s April 29 nuptials compared to neighbouring areas.

Liverpool City Council were forced to extend their deadline for applications until April 15 after just four would-be hosts put forward requests.

Sefton had 30 applications, while St Helens and West Lancashire managed just five

The approved road closures in Wirral are:

Birkenhead area: Alverstone Avenue, Claughton; Brill Street, Birkenhead; Burrell Road, Prenton; Hawkhurst Drive, Rock Ferry; Miriam Place, Birkenhead; Osmaston Road, Prenton; Shaw Street, Tranmere; South Drive, Upton; St George's Avenue, Tranmere; The Woodlands, Birkenhead; Thorpe Bank, Rock Ferry; Woodin Road, Rock Ferry.

Bebington and Bromborough area: Bridle Close, Bromborough; Harding Avenue, Bebington; Linkside, Bebington; Little Storeton Lane, Storeton; Parkwood Close, Bromborough; Stanhope Drive, Bromborough.

Wallasey area: Alverstone Road, Wallasey; Brisbane Avenue, Wallasey; College Close, Wallasey; Comely Bank Road, Wallasey; Grosvenor Road, Wallasey; Longland Road, Wallasey; Marsden Road, Wallasey; Wilkes Avenue, Leasowe.

West Wirral area: Bertram Drive, Meols; Cholmondeley Road, West Kirby; Dalesise Close, Irby; Ferndale Road, Hoylake; Forest Road, Heswall; Grove Place, Hoylake; Hall Drive, Greasby; Leachway, Irby; Penrhyd Road, Irby; Sandlea Park, West Kirby; The Crescent, West Kirby; Thorstone Drive, Irby.
For further details contact Wirral Council on 0151 606 2000.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE
Posted By: hoseman Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:11pm
If they try to hold that taxpayers waste of money wedding party in my cul-de-sac i will park my van across the road and put a lot of spanners in the works!! (tool box in me van!!)
Cant beleive people are celebrating this load of tosh!!
AND no i wont be enjoying the day off, im making a point of working!
ROYAL WASTE OF SPACES!

Rant done....carry on1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:12pm
Thr Wirral loves a party! party aliendance
Posted By: hoseman Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:17pm
I love a party too, but wouldnt expect YOU to pay for it tho!! Not like these sponging gits in the palace!!
Hope they get a dose of the Royal Pox on their wedding nights, bloody inbreds!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:18pm
Bollox to it! Load of codswallop imho! As hoseman says, a complete waste of taxpayers money.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:19pm
Dont forget the inbred bit Matt!!! bananalove
Mixed feelings on this, its part of our national identity which I think is important. On the other hand it is not particularly logical.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:22pm
Lol you posted that after I had made my post... if that makes any sense (since ur second post got in before me bahhhh).

But yeah, their inbreds alright, completely out of tocuh with the real world!! I mean, ffs, nothing against her personally, but the Queen can't even dress herself, there was once where both her "dressers" were ill, and she got up and was stuck with how to put on clothes!! For crying out loud!

Did anyone mention Republic lol.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 5:25pm
Its part of our National identity if they bloody pay for it themselves..YES!
Get rid of the lot, Viva La revolution! lamethrower
The Royal Family probably generates a profit to the country, just stand outside Buckingham Palace and watch. Many tourist come here because of the Royal family and their history.
I can,t wait for the royal wedding, with the whole world going ever soo mad, riots bankrupt countrys. war zones, uprizings, murders. I think a bit of a nice event for a change , is very welcome. Im sad our streets not having a party, having not been here that long dont know anybody to ask. x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 8th Apr 2011 8:00pm
There is a wiki 'royal reception' being planned in Chat, Sarah.
Maybe time to 'resurrect' that thread, wiki-ites?
Originally Posted by hoseman
If they try to hold that taxpayers waste of money wedding party in my cul-de-sac i will park my van across the road and put a lot of spanners in the works!! (tool box in me van!!)
Cant beleive people are celebrating this load of tosh!!
AND no i wont be enjoying the day off, im making a point of working!
ROYAL WASTE OF SPACES!

Rant done....carry on1

if this was facebook id like thiss haha
Posted By: bushnut Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:00pm
Seems like a lot of bitter and grumpy people on this thread! The whole world is doom and gloom at the moment, and we're only here for a very brief time. I for one don't intend spending my life putting a downer on anything which may bring a bit of happiness and pleasure!

However... to each his own.
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:07pm
I'll invite some of you to my next wedding which is to Prince Harry. Keep it to yourselves though as it's not public knowledge yet raftl

Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:14pm
Why does Kate always wear blue? Boring cow
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:22pm
She doesn't suit pink, yellow is not her colour either. She looks good in white sometimes though, so a friend of mine thinks raftl

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:25pm
They don't look like child-bearing hips...

Though I'm sure the royal cnut doctor will have already checked her out downstairs.

They wouldn't let Wills marry her otherwise...
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:33pm
Originally Posted by summer01
Originally Posted by MissGuided

Though I'm sure the royal cnut doctor will have already checked her out downstairs.

raftl she a virgin then lol

I doubt it - as he's a Crab, he's probably already had her back doors raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:34pm
only if they stitch it up again...
Posted By: Katryn Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:54pm
with the amount of money the royal family have you would think they would give to NHS and homeless etc
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 17th Apr 2011 10:59pm
Originally Posted by Kathryn
with the amount of money the royal family have you would think they would give to NHS and homeless etc

How do you know they don't?
is there a royal wedding ? wow missed that one, what day is it on ? msut make sure i miss it again
Posted By: bushnut Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 11:40am

Classy! Not.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 11:42am
Tis true bushnut.
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 1:26pm
Originally Posted by jabber
is there a royal wedding ? wow missed that one, what day is it on ? msut make sure i miss it again

Harry and I haven't decided on a date yet - we're trying to keep it low key and hush hush. We're getting away with his mates to celebrate him getting promoted to Captain so we'll discuss it then.

raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 7:36pm
Christ, they ARE inbred, marrying our Royal wench!!! nono
im gonna have a roof party. all invited. bring a ladder
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 8:09pm
Last 'street party' we had was V.E day in 1994?
Theres no little kids now, where we live, they all 'young adults' now.
Posted By: kermit Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 8:17pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Last 'street party' we had was V.E day in 1994?
Theres no little kids now, where we live, they all 'young adults' now.

I could fit ing me daughters clothes hair in pigtails and i could be a lil kid for the day.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 8:29pm
take your ALL Cromwells rabble then
Originally Posted by rentaclown100

I have one in a pair of tights somewhere. Will that do?
dont even try to get me on that one lol
raftl I'm not trying to put laddered tights on you mr clown. Unless you're planning on robbing a bank and need them for your head... think
i was talkng about climbing up them. but that gets me in even more trouble lol
raftl I know - I'm just trying to keep it clean and failing miserably raftl
woop woop, keep failing. i have a fairground on my head. trees have feelings too
a fairground on your head? better than a flea circus I s'pose... think
back to the royal wedding. will she have to carry his chin over the threshold?
raftl Low blow!
i know, almost down to his knees
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:02pm
She'd certainly have to move it out the way before she tried...
she originally wanted me but i chose my pet yellow plastic thing instead
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:07pm
[Linked Image]
nooooooo. its a circular thing off something to do with golf but i dont know what it is and its staring at me
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:16pm
an umbrella?
no, it looks like it goes on the ground and looks up ladders in tights. its copying me. nooooo
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:19pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Christ, they ARE inbred, marrying our Royal wench!!! nono

You wait until I get my hands on you Sir whippy
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:21pm

I have one in a pair of tights somewhere. Will that do?

I have stockings, don't do tights raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:22pm
I prefer hold-ups - no surprising twang off a suzzy belt in the middle of a conversation.
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:31pm
I prefer hold-ups - no surprising twang off a suzzy belt in the middle of a conversation.

It's not really the middle of a conversation you need to worry about them twanging in really is it raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:41pm
Dunno - when you're speaking to the Ambassador for Republic of Congo and you get a twang, it could be tricky.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:44pm
they allways slide down
No sh1t sherlock
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:46pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
they allways slide down
No sh1t sherlock

Mites go up, tites go down.
mr clown cannot comment because his head now covers 16.5 square metres of ceiling due to an unforseen explosion
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:51pm
Areyou taking mind-expanding drugs, clown?
Posted By: Wench Re: Is YOUR street having a royal wedding party - 18th Apr 2011 10:53pm
mr clown cannot comment because his head now covers 16.5 square metres of ceiling due to an unforseen explosion

Can you still walk raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral