Forums
Posted By: Anonymous £1m raised for Clatterbridge - 1st Apr 2011 5:40pm

£1m raised for Clatterbridge

"Clatterbridge your cancer centre" has announced today that it has reached the landmark fundraising target of £1m.

The astonishing amount of cash raised over the last 12 months has been invested in the most up-to-date treatment, vital research, treating patients with world-world class equipment and providing life-changing support services that might otherwise be unavailable.

And this year is only the start - the charity has big ambitions for next year and will be announcing some important appeals over the coming months.

Head of fundraising Marie Turnbull said: "We couldn’t have achieved what we have without the support of everyone who has donated or volunteered for the charity.

"On behalf of our patients - past, present and future - thank you.”

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Necronuss Re: £1m raised for Clatterbridge - 1st Apr 2011 6:33pm
Great News, well done guys
Posted By: Gillian Re: £1m raised for Clatterbridge - 2nd Apr 2011 5:32am
Congratulations, I had heard that Clatterbridge was closing, do hope this isn't true.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: £1m raised for Clatterbridge - 2nd Apr 2011 2:11pm
Originally Posted by Gillian
Congratulations, I had heard that Clatterbridge was closing, do hope this isn't true.

Unfortunately it looks to be true. They're moving a lot of the departments to Arrowe Park already. My mum works at Clatterbridge and they've been told (or heard rumours, not too sure if they've been officially told) that its closing
© Wirral-Wikiwirral