Forums
Police hunt man they believe attempted to grab 11-year-old girl in Eastham

This is the man Merseyside Police believe attempted to grab an 11-year-old girl in Eastham.

The girl was out with two friends at about 4pm on Wednesday, March 9 when a man approached them on Lowfields Avenue.

It is reported that he spoke to them for a few minutes before grabbing her by the arm. She managed to break free from him and the girls ran away.

The man is described as Asian aged in his 30s and wearing a leather jacket.

DI Dave McCaughrean said: "This has been a very upsetting incident for the young girl, and it is very important that we trace this man and talk to him as soon as possible.

"One of the girls managed to get a photograph of him on her phone before he grabbed their friend, and I am hoping that this will help us find him."

"The girls said that he was carrying a large number of leaflets, which he was potentially delivering in the area. We are keen to talk to anyone who remembers having a leaflet posted that day and I would urge them to talk to the enquiry team."

Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives on 0151 777 2265 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ear-old-girl-in-eastham-100252-28439082/

with such a good photo id hope the local police get this shown in ALL schools in merseyside
Looks like hes got take away leaflets.... i would go round every house asking find the take away please find the guy
[Linked Image]

Hopefully this pic works?
[Linked Image]
I wonder how it happened? Maybe the girls did something to wind him up? It's not hard starting a witch-hunt, especially against 'foreigners'.
I smell bulls**t.
Originally Posted by DavidB
I wonder how it happened? Maybe the girls did something to wind him up? It's not hard starting a witch-hunt, especially against 'foreigners'.

I was thinking that too. Having been on the receiving end of abuse from girls of that age, nothing would surprise me!
Looking at the picture the evidence suggests the girls were being silly as they are at that age and were asking for a cigarette, mr siyeed here realising how young they were told em to 'do one', whilst all the giggling was going on mr siyeed here was steaming especially at the fact his picture was taken.
Mr siyeed here objected to his picture being taken and the girls wouldn't delete it so he went to grap phone.
Little silly girls then go ho
E and tell mama bear and papa bear that a big bad man tried to grab them.
Case closed, mr siyeed your an innocent man. smile
Originally Posted by summer01
he does look a bit shifty though .

whippy don't judge a book by it's cover summer wink
How racist of you Summer...
and you Mr Ste giving him a non English sounding name... shame on you...
Let's all give Johnny foreigner and his fake leather jacket a break... even if he is working here illegally...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police Hunt Man In Eastham for attempting to grab - 1st Apr 2011 1:28pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

whippy don't judge a book by it's cover summer wink

withthat
Originally Posted by polo_phil
How racist of you Summer...
and you Mr Ste giving him a non English sounding name... shame on you...
Let's all give Johnny foreigner and his fake leather jacket a break... even if he is working here illegally...

raftl
I had half a dozen young girls shouting at me last night as I was on my way down the road to go to Liverpool, just ignored them but what would have happened if I'd stopped and said anything? They think they can get in your face and that they are fireproof, they probably are these days. Don't believe every story on it's face value. The bloke doesn't look shifty to me.

Dot Cotton wouldn't like to hear her Nick called shifty
@ Summer>>>Care to elaborate?
this guy has handed himself in and was remanded to custody yesterday
Originally Posted by simonas
this guy has handed himself in and was remanded to custody yesterday

Yeah well I still say he was trying to grab the phone, him being remanded says it all, he's obviously an illegal and that's why he was 'grabbing
G' the phone.
I'm sure he worked in the charolgrill in Upton? How do you know he's handed himself in?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral