Forums
Posted By: red40 Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 7:42pm
Well if there isnt already enough traffic lights on the A41. I was intriged to read the Council are putting a proposal forward for traffics lights and slip roads on and off the New Ferry By-pass around the Bedford Road area for the purposes of the proposed revamp of the sailing club/marina and access to a new coastal walk from Rock Ferry to Eastham.

I dont have a link but the article is in the Wirral News.
Posted By: red40 Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 7:54pm
It just says its taken a step closer after the council have now unveilied plans for a new road into the heart of the site (marina area) and to build slip roads (by-pass/bedford road area) and install lights, an application is being made as part of the Mersey Coastal Park Strategy.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 7:55pm
There are alot of lights being put in place where ever round-abouts are. Is this the DVLA's way of admitting that they are unsafe and just dont work????
Posted By: red40 Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 7:57pm
Found a link
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 7:58pm
Theres a lot of roadworks going on, in Seacombe too.
St Pauls Rd has been narrowed, at the bottom end by the church. Theres an island now by the Under 5's.
They're also doing 'something' near the roundabout at Church Rd/ B.head Rd and Deseme St. Haven't sussed out 'what' yet?? Anyone know?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 8:05pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
St Pauls Rd has been narrowed, at the bottom end by the church. Theres an island now by the Under 5's.
They're also doing 'something' near the roundabout at Church Rd/ B.head Rd and Deseme St. Haven't sussed out 'what' yet?? Anyone know?

I noticed them putting the bollards out yesterday, strange place for roadworks unless it's gas or something stupid like that.
Maybe a lot of deals going on here. An unwanted grade II building, Peel holdings been buying up as much land as they can between woodside and eastham (they wanted to own the full stretch), coastal path wanted by council.
Posted By: Trearan Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 8:49pm
Don't hold your breath on this one happening. This is the Yacht Club pushing the Council to spend YOUR taxes on providing a new access slip road off the A41 bypass so that the Yacht Club members can make LOADS OF MONEY themselves by developing apartments on land next to the Yacht Club. In other words, using YOUR money to MAKE THEM money. The Council is putting forward the planning application, but - as yet - the Council doesn't HAVE the money to pay for it. And personally, I'm not sure if I want to see my taxes spent on this. I'd much rather see my taxes spent on providing paths and everything else the proposed walkway from Rock Park to Eastham Woods needs (and has been waiting for for the last 15 years since first being suggested). Then we can ALL enjoy the benefit of the money spent, not just the Yacht Club members.

BTW, I'm not saying I don't want to see the Yacht Club's scheme built. I do, and wish them well with it. I just don't like the idea of my taxes being used to support it when my taxes can be better used to benefit more people.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 8:52pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee

I noticed them putting the bollards out yesterday, strange place for roadworks unless it'sike that.
They have put 'sandy/ pale yellow' rippled paving,on the pavement at each 'junction' leading to the roundabout. Each one is about 10 foot away from the 'traditional' pink ripply pavement, that indicated pedestrian crossing? I'm thinking Lights?!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 8:54pm
Originally Posted by summer01
the plans for this look brill and 2 carpacks as well red40.
offtopic
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 8:56pm
Originally Posted by summer01
nice grade listed buildings though some sad as they smashed some windows on the ones for sale .
Also offtopic
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 30th Mar 2011 10:52pm
Which point? He makes about 5 'good points' so which one are you refering to?
Posted By: little_pob Re: Proposal for more traffic lights on the A41 - 31st Mar 2011 12:52pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee

I noticed them putting the bollards out yesterday, strange place for roadworks unless it'sike that.
They have put 'sandy/ pale yellow' rippled paving,on the pavement at each 'junction' leading to the roundabout. Each one is about 10 foot away from the 'traditional' pink ripply pavement, that indicated pedestrian crossing? I'm thinking Lights?!
Last I went past, there looked to be the layout of a pedestrian refuge (aka traffic island) in the middle of the road on the Netto side of the junction.

Apparently the tactile slabs are known as "blisters", and the colour of the slab is indicative of the type of crossing. Councils are supposed to concider installing "parallel flat-topped" blisters as and when the pavement maintainance/improvement requires. Red parallel flat-topped slabs are for controlled crossings only (they all look pink though). For uncontrolled crossings buff, yellow or other contrasting colour (excluding red/pink) parrallel flat-topped blisters are to be used. Strongly suggesting that they are not putting lights on the junction.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral