Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 23rd Mar 2011 10:44am
On my way into work this morning I saw a bus being towed away after it crashed into the bus stop on Wallasey Road (near the junction at Belvidere Road/Torrington Road). If I think on I will add a pic of the bus that I took at the scene when I get home later....
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 23rd Mar 2011 11:01am
Not much to add from the Wirral Globe yet.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8926444.Bus_crashes_into_Wirral_bus_stop/

Bus crashes into Wirral bus stop

10:33am Wednesday 23rd March 2011

* Print
* Email

* By Craig Manning ยป

A BUS crashed into a bus stop in Liscard this morning after the driver suffered what is believed to have been a 'medical episode'.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Wallasey Road just after 7.30am following the incident, which involved an Arriva bus.

The driver was taken to hospital. There are no further details on his condition at this stage.

Engineers are currently at the scene, disconnecting the bus stop's power supply.

More later.
Posted By: Rover Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 23rd Mar 2011 1:58pm
We are still waiting for the power to be disconnected at this site.

on the plus side the shelter at Rake lane has now been installed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 23rd Mar 2011 5:53pm
Originally Posted by Rover

on the plus side the shelter at Rake lane has now been installed

I had to phone them up to get a bus stop installed ! Even then they just stuck up a yellow pole - no shelter. B*stards!

From this morning as I went pass...207 and not the 407 as stated in the title.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 23rd Mar 2011 8:26pm
Overheard two Arriva drivers talking about the incident just before. Apparently he just blacked out. Hope he's ok now.
Posted By: Rover Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 24th Mar 2011 8:30am
It takes time to order & manufacture a new shelter the post was a temporary measure
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bus Crash (207) on Wallasey Road - 24th Mar 2011 6:01pm
Originally Posted by Rover
It takes time to order & manufacture a new shelter the post was a temporary measure

Nice to see a new shelter back at Rake Lane.

A question as you seem in the know...whats with putting those fake Real Time displays on some shelters???
© Wirral-Wikiwirral