Forums
I've just ridden past a police/GLA operation on Leasowe Shore. There's about fifteen police officers (two mobile camera vans) and around eight GLA people waiting for the cocklers to come back onto the land.

Two vehicles immediately headed for the shore and were pounced upon by the police & GLA who questioned them and took photographs. They are now awaiting the remaining cocklers to head in... they didn't look to be in any hurry though.
Exuse me but what is GLA?
Gangmaster Licensing Authority - those who oversee the issuing of permits for cockling smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police and GLA waiting for Cocklers on Leasowe Sho - 16th Feb 2011 4:34pm
GLA - Google Loves Acronyms?

laugh
Thankyou Matt.
Trust you Zippy aka BB.
offtopic Your gonna get told off!!!!
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Your gonna get told off!!!!
Not to mention a page and a half reply wink
no doubt there'll be loads of cocklers there this weekend with the spring tides. last time they left a right mess with leaving 100's of bright orange cockle bags everywhere. i found some washed ashore as far up as seacombe months later
Anyone know the outcome?!
there were loads of cocklers there again today
Well the police didn't make much difference did they?
So I take it the police presence has curbed all the dogging activity, drug taking and dog fouling - which cannot be blamed on the cocklers. If this is the case then the cocklers have done some good for the area.
Does cockling need a license?
Originally Posted by DavidB
Does cockling need a license?
CLICKY
How long has Leasowe been Welsh?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral