Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Woodchurch Rd RTA - 7th Feb 2011 7:26pm
I hear via facebook theres been a two car crash, about 6pm. 20 mile tailback on the m53.
hope its not 'serious'.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 7th Feb 2011 7:33pm
update

A552 Woodchurch Road Birkenhead
Eastbound at M53 J3 (Woodchurch)
Last updated 39 minutes ago
Stationary traffic and partially blocked due to accident, three vehicles involved and recovery work on A552 Woodchurch Road Eastbound at M53 J3 (Woodchurch), congestion on A552 Woodchurch Road to A551 Arrowe Park Road / Church Lane. Police directing traffic. Approach with care. Emergency Services are at the scene.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 7th Feb 2011 9:36pm
Flippin'eck TC,you should work for the BBC.What an indepth report!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 7th Feb 2011 9:43pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Flippin'eck TC,you should work for the BBC.What an indepth report!
why thankyou queen!
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 7th Feb 2011 9:59pm
passed that on my way home tonight, looked like a mini and focus involve, OSF damage to the wheel, wing etc.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 12:58am
Well thats 6 crashes there by my reckoning (and my own eyes) since they installed the new traffic lights for asda!
I myself nearly got side swiped by a merc when joining the roundabout to the M53 from asda, my lights were on green so I went through only to see a merc slam on and miss me by inches cos he went through the red light.
Only a couple of weeks ago an elderly man had to be cut from his car at the new lights.

Hmmmm maybe they need to update the 'incident' signs with flip numbers that can be changed daily lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 8:59am
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
update

A552 Woodchurch Road Birkenhead
Eastbound at M53 J3 (Woodchurch)
Last updated 39 minutes ago
Stationary traffic and partially blocked due to accident, three vehicles involved and recovery work on A552 Woodchurch Road Eastbound at M53 J3 (Woodchurch), congestion on A552 Woodchurch Road to A551 Arrowe Park Road / Church Lane. Police directing traffic. Approach with care. Emergency Services are at the scene.

smack Weres ye link.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 2:16pm
20 mile tailback!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 2:45pm
the lights are stupid there, it looks like a normal slip road
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 3:27pm
I think the reason they were put there was for Asda traffic to turn right, instead of having to add 20 seconds extra to their journey going round the roundabout. Now instead you have to wait for the filter light to turn green, and then sit in more traffic lights! I don't mind the lights at the roundabout, but coming down the main road, it's stop-start-stop-start-stop-start as they're not in sync. laugh
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 6:06pm
I think the whole thing is cr@p. Why do you need lights on the roundabout 24 hours a day - peak time maybe but not 24 hours. no
And as for the changes in Asda car park ............... somad I used to pop in quite often on my way home but don't bother now, I can't be @rsed with the hassle getting in and out of the car park
Posted By: little_pob Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 6:32pm
This accident was the other side of the railway line. I know hearsay isn't liked on wikiwirral, but the junction of Woodchurch and Kenmore was mentioned in the office by someone that lives in Prenton.

However, having used J3 around the time, can say the flyover traffic was backed up towards Birkenhead, but not in the opposite direction.
Posted By: MrB2U Re: Woodchurch Rd RTA - 8th Feb 2011 7:28pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
I think the reason they were put there was for Asda traffic to turn right, instead of having to add 20 seconds extra to their journey going round the roundabout. Now instead you have to wait for the filter light to turn green, and then sit in more traffic lights! I don't mind the lights at the roundabout, but coming down the main road, it's stop-start-stop-start-stop-start as they're not in sync. laugh

The reason the lights were put there and Asda re-routed from car park is for the forthcoming pay to use motorway tolls. The roundabout didnt have power to it, now it has. Same as Bidston Moss now has after the lights there. All other roundabout main junctions up the M53 have power to them, now so do 2 and 3.

It will take a day to drop a toll barrier in place, plug it in, hey presto, job done.

Thats also the reason to turn the Asda traffic away from the junction.

I have a friend involved in the planning and preparation for the tolls and the logistics of it, it wont be long. Couple of years at most.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral